Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat -Screeches internally-

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 06:08:00 )
I'm not gonna have a place to live soon, maybe.

I'm panic incarnate.

I didn't get mail, paperwork, call, email, notification of any kind from my apartment complex that my year was up (or anything for renewal). Just got an email stating, "Hey, your _____ account was deactivated. If this was a fluke, blah blah.." I was like, "?"

Checked my rent payment history on the actual rent paying site. OOPSIE, A YEAR IN MAY.

IT IS FUCKING APRIL 14TH. Almost 15th, nearly midnight.

WHAT THE FUCK.

I have a cat. I don't have the best of savings (student loan payments, car payments, car insurance, etc). skldfj;sdkjfsdfj

ALL OF THE APARTMENT CRAIGSLISTING. GO.

Texting of the bf. GO.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 06:16:28 )
Nope. Found out today, after the office closed... They don't open again until Monday.

My apartment complex is, admittedly, atrocious with paperwork. I've actually had to threaten legal action if they didn't stop going into my apartment without notice (had to get their upper management for the company involved on that one).

(And sorry for ranting here; my forum homeplaces no longer exist, or I feel out of place after updated. Blarg.)
(Second edit of OHWAITIKNOWYOUHIIIIIII)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 07:05:17 )
Bf pointed out that it may be an 'end of May' thing, as I was pro-rated when I moved in initially... Would also explain why I haven't heard anything. Shitty way to find out s'time to start booking it away, or that they didn't want me renewing (I don't think management likes me due to my contacting upper about previously mentioned entering of apartment for bug issue in the building).

I've found some good stuff on Craigslist to check out (some I may be able to tomorrow/Sunday). Also have the back-up of staying with bf and keeping stuff in a storage, but he reaaallllyyyy doesn't want my cat there.

I'll be keeping the lawyer bit in mind. Upper management would have a field day... I currently have personal contact of one of their bosses, too..

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 07:11:05 )

@Pixel: At the very least, you've got some options, and you're not pinned against the wall. And that's the best thing to have at the moment.

I've been where you are, the whole eviction thing. It's not pleasant, not fun at all. At least you've a backup.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 07:44:34 )
neko says;
Legally they cannot evict you without an eviction notice and even then you have 30 days to get out.

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 14:39:43 )
Ouch, a month is short notice to start crunching for a new place to live! Thankfully you do have a bit of time and hopefully it isn't until the end of May that you have to relocate. And as others have said, there are probably other ways around it all but it seems like it may be more trouble in the long run than it's worth. Best of luck, though! I hope you're able to find a decent, affordable place!

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 16:57:32 )
Is it technically eviction if my lease is up?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/15 18:01:36 )
Defs contact a lawyer and investigate. They need to give you notice.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/16 04:38:54 )
I get to find out tomorrow when the office is back open. Need to find out if May 1st or June 1st.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/17 04:36:25 )
June 8th for some reason.

Thank fuckin' god, I have time.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/17 08:02:09 )
@Pixel: That's good! Are you planning to renew?
call me grem
they/them

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 03:13:46 )
Oh fuck no, I have so many issues with this complex. xD Roaches (long term issue for this whole building), the management comes into my apartment without notice for small shit (hella illegal) even if it is to try and 'help' with the bug issue... Example, they put two of those safety outlet covers into my wall in my kitchen, because I stated the bugs sometimes come from there (I said the back plate/wall itself, not the plug). They went into my apartment without notice just for that. And then put a note on my door (and everyone else's) stating an exterminator was coming the next day (scheduled weekly anyway) and would be in our apartments. Found out by her voicemail while I was at work, AFTER she went in. Fuckin' kidding me?
Also Pixel on Solia.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.