Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Reaper's Pub (Character Chat/Hangout)

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 02:29:18 )
*glares at Faust* Based on you using "Cool" I'm gonna guess you're in your 50's *whispers in nala's ear* Betting he was also a surfer bruh.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 02:51:34 )
Viceroy choked on a laugh. He had heard what Jazz had whispered to Nala. Judging from Faust's twitching eye, he might have heard it too.
Faust put his hand over Jazz's drink holding it hostage before saying, "What is it that you just said? I don't think I heard you properly." His eyes flashed a little ominously. He wasn't going to release the drink until he got a response.
Viceroy walks over to Nala, leans in, and whispers, "Don't worry. He'll be fine. And you pretty much guessed what everyone guesses. I honestly don't know Faust's real age either, but he looks to be about 26 to me."

A tall figure quietly walks in. He leans against the wall. He finds the two bar tenders and the customers to be amusing so he decides to wait silently and watch it play out before he introduces himself.

(Uh... front page updated with a temporary character. I think I'll keep him up there available for chatting until Friday of next week.)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 07:45:59 )
Hey all ^^ what's up?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 17:31:43 )
@nyreen: (Nyreeeeen! Hello. Welcome The Reaper: Character chat/Hangout. I'll be in character mostly, but everyone is welcome here wether they are in character or not. This is just a fun place for people to hangout either as their characters or themselves. So how's it going?)

Still holding Jazz's drink hostage, Faust glances up at the newcomer and says, "Welcome. I'll be right with you."
"Yo," Viceroy said in greeting, "Um... I actually can help you. Faust is a little busy at the moment..."

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 23:02:40 )
@Faust Sheep: *neat I'm trying to think of a character, maybe I'll be one of my fantasy characters in here*

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 03:02:27 )
@nyreen: (Can't wait. ^ ^)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 15:34:45 )
The sudden change in Faust caused Nala to tense. Had Jazz gone too far this time? If he got them kicked out of another place, she was going to be really upset. Her anxiety slowly started to rise a bit, so much so that she nearly flew out of her seat when Viceroy came up to her. Letting out a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding in, Nala nodded with a small smile. "Good to know." She pondered a moment, a question so much on the tip of her tongue that there was no stopping it as it came out of her mouth. "Is he human?"

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 01:48:50 )
*places his hand over nala's mouth* Wow, I thought you knew better than too ask questions like that... *He says before tickling her*
*looks at faust while completely ignoring his demanding question* This is why she tends to be kept in a cage....

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:21:07 )
"Okay... this is mine then," Faust said taking Jazz's drink away from him.
Viceroy was wondering if Jazz was being serious about the cage thing. "What?"
"Vice, I don't think he was being serious."
"O-oh, okay..."
Faust sighed, "You kind of have to be careful with what you say around him sometimes."
Faust places Jazz's drink down in the employees only area behind the bar before turning to Nala, "To answer your question, no I am not."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:32:53 )
Nala couldn't help but smile more kinder at Viceroy. He seemed rather nice. Something she could not say for Jazz. She wasn't too sure why she put up with him, but she could be mean right back.
"Looks like someone isn't getting the drink they ordered." She grinned before turning her eyes back to Faust. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude." She quickly said, fidgeting with the beanie on her head. "Would it be too much to ask..what you are then?"

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:44:53 )
"You weren't rude... Viceroy's rude," Faust said unable to resist making a quick jab at Viceroy.
"Hey," Viceroy said indignantly.
He tilts his head and begins tapping his finger on the bar pondering the question. He wondered how much he could reveal without revealing too much. He needed to keep his other occupation a secret even though there was already that slip up with the scythe. If Viceroy had told him he opened shop no one would have seen him sharpening it.
"Hm..." revealing his species alone wouldn't reveal much.
With a decisive nod, Faust ruffled his feathers a bit so they were more noticeable. He then held out an arm which then turned into a taloned wing.
"Show them the crown feathers," Viceroy said poking Faust's head.
Faust swatted Viceroy's hand away and snapped, "This isn't time for peacocking!"
"It's always time for peacocking," Viceroy said flicking his tail and crossing his arms.
Faust just sighed at Viceroy and rolled his eyes.
He turned back to Nala.
"So as you can see I'm sort of avian..."

A clapping echoed from near the entrance to the pub. The stranger that had been there silently watching decided it was time to reveal himself. He stepped into the light.
"That was some show. I have never met a bird person before. You're quite special too aren't you?" he said then pointed to Viceroy. But where the voice was coming from was unclear, for this man had no head.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 17:37:53 )
(( Sorry! I've been sick. ))

Nala relaxed a bit, relieved to know she hadn't come across as offensive or disrespectful. She would had felt horrible. As she opened her mouth to explain that he wouldn't have to tell her, her eyes caught sight of the feathers. Brown eyes went wide, not in fear, but excitement and curiosity. She had never seen anyone like him before. Questions flooded her head as she stared, almost mesmerized, taking in as much detail as she could.

"Amazing..." Was all she could manage to get out before the sound of sudden clapping nearly caused her to fly out of her seat. Her head whipped around to the headless stranger. Her hand instantly went up to the side of her beanie to fiddle with it, eyes glancing towards Faust and Viceroy.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/11 02:35:52 )
Faust froze, his eyes going wide and his grip on the cocktail mixer tightening. He muttered something about the man being "unnatural".
Viceroy had never seen Faust get freaked out by something. He put his arm out in front of Faust protectively even though he knew Faust was a better fighter than him.

The man noticed the people's reactions and waved his arms.
"Oh, no, no. I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'm nice," he paused hoping that sounded reassuring, "Did that sound reassuring? I'm not sure. I know my appearance is sort of unnerving."
He almost skipped to the bar.
"I've never been to a place like this," he said excitedly.

Faust calmed down a bit after seeing the man's almost childish behavior. He noticed Viceroy's arm out in front of him and smacked it down.
"Ouch," Viceroy said rubbing his arm.
Faust casually flipped the cocktail mixture hopefully hiding the fact he had been shaking a little. He gave the mixer a few more shakes then poured it into a glass full of ice.
"Here you go," he said pushing it to Nala.

(Hope you feel better!)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 19:17:02 )
Nala may have only been human but the feeling of fear, or at least something like it, was radiating off of him in waves the size of tsunami's. This worried her and the fear grabbed a hold of her as if it were a cold that Fraust had given to her.

The tension never left, even as he skipped over, which was an awkward action to say the least. She grabbed the drink that was just handed to her and sipped it greatfully. Now was the time she really needed it.

"Thank you." She gave him a small reassuring smile before glancing back at the headless man. "Nice..to meet you." I think She thought.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 07:02:58 )
(*coughs* I'm sorry, I forgot to look in here for a while and uh I'm bad at catching ip with things so uh lol oops sorry)

Luc nodded as Faust slid him the tea, trying to restrain himself from smirking when Jazz was being scrutinized. Oh man, that was hilarious... He snorted when Faust asked Nala what she thought his age was. Luc wanted to bet that Faust didn't even know, after all, keeping track of years was so bothersome and it was easy to miscount a few.

Luc swivelled as he heard a new voice, and blinked as he saw a headless man. Okay then. Unsure exactly what to do, he turned back to his tea and took a sip. Almost as childish as Jazz, he thought as the man almost skipped to the bar. But a better brand of childish, almost.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/21 17:23:37 )
(Hey, it's okay, been filling out paperwork so I haven't had the time to post here regularly anyways.)

The headless man sat down at a safe distance from the others giving them, he hoped, a bubble of security. He didn't want to make them too nervous.
When addressed, he turned slightly toward Nala and smiled, or at least the feeling that he was smiling emanated from him since he had no head or face to actually show that he was smiling.
"Nice to meet you, too," the man said, "The name's Lev. Do you frequent these place?"

Faust surveyed the room gauging the mood. He was prepared to defend this place if the headless man, or "Lev" as he seemed to call himself, became hostile. Right now it seemed like the initial tension was going down. Though it was difficult to read the headless mad due to him not having a face.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/22 18:16:10 )
Good afternoon ^^
call me grem
they/them

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:48:01 )
(Eh, okay I'm back. Ready to jump in, nyreen? I don't know if I should reply as Faust and Viceroy.)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.