Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Thirs-tea People Phenomenon

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 21:33:00 )
I'm not sure what the deal is, but, as a server, I'll always have customers who are like: "I'm so thirsty. Get me an iced tea!" and proceed to suck down 6 glasses of the stuff...and really, I don't care about having to refill your drink a million times. It's what I'm here for and gives me something to do (unless I'm busy. If I'm super busy and you continuously suck down your drink immediately after I fill it, you are a butthead).

But...tea is a diuretic. It only dehydrates you further. If you're thirsty you need water. Not tea. And this isn't something only a handful of people do--lots and lots of people in the years I've been a server. "Idk why I'm so thirsty today!" Hmmmm I wonder why....

Idk, people are funny. You really get to see just how funny they are working in foodservice and/or retail.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 21:36:21 )

"I'm so thirsty, bring me a drink that will do absolutely nothing to quench my thirst!"
Humans are funny.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 21:47:48 )
It's caffeine addiction pure and simple. I absolutely know coffee dehydrates me, but I drink it with every meal, between every meal, and with every glass of water. Addiction is no joke, I'm just glad its coffee I'm after and not hard drugs.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 22:12:33 )
Caffeine is a diuretic, but it's not usually in high enough quantities in tea to counteract the drink's hydrating effect. Water is the best hydrater, of course, but tea generally still works.

I can't imagine drinking more than two glasses in a sitting though, I feel like you'd just have to pee real bad afterwards :/
Sean, 25, they/them

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 00:37:25 )

Tea is like...the only thing my dad will drink xD So he'd probably be one of those customers :P
Meanwhile, I'd be the one asking for refills on the coffee.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 01:23:04 )

I guess if it was sugar free and didn’t have caffeine it would work, but that’s probably not the kind that you are serving.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 05:45:12 )
I drink my iced tea from a Double Gulp cup, so... yeah. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 06:24:17 )
@Glume: That's certainly a good thing! At least coffee has some health benefits, and won't put holes in your brain or make you pick your own face off like hard drugs. c':

@Theory: That is true, it doesn't have nearly as much caffeine as coffee and is "diluted" enough. And yeah, most of the people who drink a bunch end up going to the bathroom two or three times before they leave; or they'll joke and be like "whoah I'm gonna have to float out of here!" lol

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 10:52:15 )

@Miss Kitty: be lime me. Order a pot of coffee.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 17:24:00 )

@Tuijp: Can you do that?!?!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 18:11:42 )
@Miss Kitty: Obviously you've never been to IHOP.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 18:19:04 )

@onsenmark: I think I've been there once in my lifetime :P But that was forever ago, and don't remember being able to get a pot of coffee. But, I also never ask for a whole pot either, as I honestly had no clue it was possible to even do that o.o

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 18:20:22 )

@Miss Kitty: of course you can. Why not?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 18:21:24 )
@Miss Kitty: Yeah, the waiter or waitress brings the cup and pot of coffee to your table, pours a cup, and leaves the pot. Until you finish off that pot and need a new one.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 18:22:55 )

@Tuijp: I had no clue! ;-; But now that I know its possible...Its exactly what I'm going to be doing.

@onsenmark: That is awesome o.o Its things like this that does not help my coffee addiction one bit xD

|

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 18:26:04 )

@Miss Kitty: anything is possible if you pay enough

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.