Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Who Would Voice Your Character(s)?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 06:21:19 )
I'm not sure where to put this topic, apologies in advance if it needs to be moved.

I've been thinking about who would voice my characters for fun! It's actually helping me shape their personalities a little bit. It made me wonder if anyone else does this? Who would voice your character(s)?

Here's who I have in mind right now:

Jennifer Hale
Brandon Keener
Ashley Johnson
Diego Luna
Mads Mikkelson
Nyasha Hatendi

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 06:57:13 )
I only give voices to other peoples characters. xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 07:01:17 )
@Shark: I do that as well haha. Curios to know who you think would voice Marcelle. o wo

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 07:05:52 )
ahhh I can hear it, but I can't think of anyone.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 07:11:37 )
@Shark: I feel like Hawke from Dragon Age is a strong contender. Something like that.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 08:09:58 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 09:00:53 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Oh I love him! Easily one of my favorite voice actors. Joel, Booker, Yuri, etc.

Voltie — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 16:16:37 )

I always want to do this more but it's really hard for me to find voices that fit my characters c'; doesn't help I don't really know a lot about voice actors

I usually get inspired by music for my character voices though o': like for instance I know my character Newt would sound like Ruki Vverh
later.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 16:46:15 )
I actually think of this kind of stuff quite frequently! For my OC bounty hunter / space pirate Dez, it would probably be Joe Duplantier, a French metal singer. For Madison, an Irish/Scottish redhead, one of the actresses from Black Mirror would be perfect. And for Felix, well, his face was inspired by a model named Sébastien Andrieu, whose voice would also be perfect. 8D I think about "who would play them in a movie?" too quite frequently, but am so picky about faces and bodies and everything... xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 17:56:06 )
@ghost: Oh wow! That's super cool and a great way to find a voice for your character. I can think of a few musicians that would suit some of mine now that you've mentioned this. Not sure why I never thought of this before!

@Vii: OOOO! I want to put together a little collage of who would play them in a television show or movie too! Haven't started yet though because there's just so many people to go through.

At least with today's technology you can choose a model and have someone else voice them right?

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 18:03:03 )
@nyreen: You should definitely do it, it's lots of fun! But yeah, there are simply so many people to choose from, and it's impossible to find them all. I'm of the belief that there's gotta be someone out there who looks the same or at least similar, since we apparently can't image or dream of faces which we haven't seen before.

So true about voiceovers, too. I think if, in some wild alternate universe, my story were to ever become a movie, I'd prefer CGI with voice acting, since it's easier to alter someone's voice or have them do an accent than it is to alter their appearance consistently. Plus, CGI would allow the characters to be represented in their pure/true form without the constrains of physical actors or, well, real life physics getting in the way. xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 18:07:53 )
@Vii: Yeah I think I would go with CGI too and I feel like my stories would be better told through video games and graphic novels rather than written or in a movie or television show. I think a movie/television show would restrict what I could do with my story and I could write it as a book but I feel like having a visual story would be better.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 19:16:29 )
@nyreen: Exactly! Not only that, but producers are greedy butts, and wouldn't want to support your production unless they can control certain aspects to make it more "marketable"--adding certain actors/actresses for more name appeal, adding cliche' romance or tragedy plot points, the list goes on and on.

I just need Ridley Scott to hang on for a while longer so I can have him direct my material. xD

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 19:25:55 )
@Vii: Yeah, ugh. Hollywood is a cesspool. >>;;
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 23:11:00 )
It's hard for me to choose who would do a voice for me, but... Looking at the few voices I remember from shows I watch and such, my current wip's MCs would be voiced by...

Actually I feel like Gabriel Iglesias or Dana Carvey could easily voice all my characters.
One of mine though, Jin... Totally needs like a deeper tone similar to Neil Patrick Harris or Joel McHale. I dunno why.
Also Adatia is definitely Jim Parsons. And Hortense can be Mark Harmon. xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.