Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat A random night shift?? Waaaaah

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 16:19:46 )
I started working at a fast food place like three weeks ago, and they've been having me work mornings and afternoons only, and now suddenly I have two night shifts this week! The first one is tonight! From 7 to midnight! That's way past my bedtime! I'm an old man! I can't be staying out late and working like that! My back!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 16:25:42 )

I have no problem working late in the evening. I am a night owl.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 16:45:42 )
I like to be a morning person when I have the opportunity. Usually I get up around 6am.
And then they put me back on late morning shifts after the night shifts, so I'm gonna be all screwed up pfff

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 20:52:01 )

Lmao me too!!! I have all morning shifts and then next week a random night shift from 6-2 lmao!!! Guess what? I won’t be taking that shift because I already quit haha and start my new job tomorrow morning.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/3 22:04:06 )
@Panda: Yooooooo that's the way to do it!
I'm debating if I should go find another job or just stay with this one. I'll be moving away in June anyway and I suppose it's good to learn skills and get references that'll help me later. But lord I don't enjoy it and the job market is really hard out here. I don't mind working in service/food and it kinda makes me want to try being a waiter or something at a sit down restaurant. Nothing fancy, just like a Denny's or a diner or something. That way you get tips too.

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 02:50:07 )
Night shifts with no warning can be rough.
Best of luck.
I also totally get the bedtime thing, my girlfriend has me in bed by like ten. Lol. /adulting
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 03:42:04 )
Bleh, that sucks. Working one or the other is tolerable, but having to constantly jerk your schedule back and forth is rough. Hopefully it doesn't become an increasingly common occurrence.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 09:10:09 )
I managed to sneak in a nap so it wasn't terrible. And someone in the drive thru tipped me a couple of bucks, which I donated to the site to get a crate
So that's cool.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 15:55:36 )
Update: oh right, I'm an insomniac with a household who gets up at 6. So now I'll wake with 3 hours of sleep, have to go to work in 3 hours, not sure if I should try to force a nap or call out while I can. guess I'll die.
previously keef with a k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.