Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback April Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 16:08:22 )

Hey guys!

Your feedback about last months crates was really helpful! Reading what you think could be done better really gives us a good perspective from your point of view. It helps us rethink the sets in ways we might have not considered in the beginning. We can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about this months crates.

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

Bird of Prey
★✩✩✩✩

Bearboozled
★✩✩✩✩

Floral Empress
★✩✩✩✩

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 16:43:35 )

5s, 5s across the board hunty!

Bird of Prey
★★★★★

Bearboozled
★★★★★

Love this one so much, maybe an option to have the ears separately.

Floral Empress
★★★★★

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 16:49:29 )
Oh oh my gosh. The bird of prey is just beautiful and I can make an actual Gloomy bear cosplay with the bearboozled!
I need both. D:

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 20:33:12 )
I see lots of pretty things. I want to hug them. Especially bear suits.
Editing out side note 'cause I was in the wrong thread for that. Also birds make me happy. I must find one somehow with magic.
My last name is a type of bird in phonetics so I still think of myself as related to them. Anyone wearing the bird costume will be my family member from now on. And whoever designed it. xD

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 01:36:56 )
Bird of Prey
★★★★★
I am absolutely in love with Bird of Prey, the color palette is incredible and works well with many past donation item color schemes. The layering possibilities as well as the balance of head/torso/legs options are phenomenal and make me very excited/inspired to create.

Bearboozled
★★★★✩
Bearboozled is lovely, the only thing that I notice with it is the slender legs compared to the oversized head and arms. The slippers are also a tad larger and to me make the legs appear a bit out of proportion- this is only if you are utilizing the whole Bear suit however. I have seen many wonderful layering of pants/items that even out the suit.

For the red and black version of the item I personally would have liked to see the slippers reflect the red and black color scheme. Overall, this is a great item and gives a lot of room to layer and play with.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 02:43:09 )

5 stars for all!!! So excited for this panda item ahh!!! Tysm!!!!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 07:30:19 )
Bird of Prey
★★★★✩
Ok, i think this set is really underated.. It is outshined by the bear items if we look at the forums,
But personally i think i like this set a bit more than the bear
My favourite part of the set : the eyes & earpiece
Basically the whole head part lol

I think its also gonna be great when combined with our other items on the site.
My only criticsm is maybe the hand/ wing pose is a bit odd?
Not really sure tho, maybe its just me xD
But overall, a really amazing set imo

Bearboozled
★★★★✩
I love this set, another amazing set imo
My fav part would deffinitely be the slippers & the head <3

my only criticsm is maybe a bit more consistency?
I m not really sure how to explain this... Uhm
the head & arms looks like a real bear
The shirt & slippers looks like a clothing
Maybe stick to one side would be better?
If this set gonna go for a bear set, maybe a real bear feet & a fatter more bearlike clothing?
If this set gonna go for a bear clothing set, maybe the head as a bear shaped hoodie?

Also the red and black set, kinda wish one of the ears are black like in the illustration and a bit more red on the slippers

But for real guys, i think this could be my fave set so far

Voltie — he/she Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 19:10:48 )
Bird of Prey
★★★✩✩

Things I Liked: Color selection, once again, spot on. I loved the feathered ears, the eyes, the talons. Great attention to detail on those. I'm especially in love with the talons, to be honest. It's rare that I see that even with bird items on an avatar site, so their inclusion is really great for me, especially with how well done they are. I feel like Neb really took their time and did their research to get a very natural feel for them and I appreciate that. That being said...

Critiques: I have to agree with Raxton on this, the wing pose feels very off. One is up by the face while the other is sticking straight down in a somewhat unnatural way. Plus the way it's pixeled makes it look like all the feathers on the wing are just sort of stuck on at the crook of the wing at the bottom and that the arm is not feathered throughout like a proper bird's wing. I feel like spread wings or matching the left to the right wing would have been a much better choice and made it look more natural. Given the time and effort and attention to detail on the other aspects of this item, I was really surprised by the wing mods; they really just did not feel up to par with the standard of excellence I found throughout the rest of the item's poses. Normally I would only dock one star for a single issue but given the severity of the issue, I had to dock two. Wings are a very big thing on avatar sites and I really feel like the ball was dropped on that, and with how unnatural it looks it makes the item somewhat unwearable for the wings.

Closing Thoughts: Again, a personal preference thing, but I would love to see a recolor in blue. There is a game I am enamored with called Odin's Sphere that employs Valkyries in its primary story-line and I would love the ability to do a cosplay of the main character with this item. But more colors in general would be great. Expansion/Companion item ideas would include: More colors, again. Varying wing poses, tail feathers, a nest decoration, maybe with or without eggs? Some kind of feathered bodysuit maybe?

Bearboozled
★★★★✩

Things I Liked: Color selections were very nice, I appreciated the "traditional" color bear, a perky pink bear, panda bear, and our very cute harlequin style bear.

Critiques: Again, I have to agree with Raxton and Lithium; the Suit equip of this item feels largely out of proportion with the rest. Over-sized head, over-sized bow, over-sized arms, over-sized slippers, but the suit itself clings to the body pretty snugly. I feel like it would feel more consistent if the body was also a bit more stuffed full of fluff like our favorite bear. Also, again, consistency. The brown bear mods are up but all the other bear mods for the arms are down. I feel like if you include on color set with upright arm mods they should all include them. Or all include both options (Which I'm always a fan of, personally). Both issues are somewhat small and the items are still wearable despite them, so I only took off one star.

Closing Thoughts: Not so much a critique as a personal preference, some paw pads on the arm mod would be really cute. Expansion/Companion ideas would include a pot of honey or a bee hive hanging off a tree, cute little bear tail, detachable ear mods, panda eye circle makeup to be equipped without the head.

I've already given my review on the rare, so see March Crate Items Feedback Thread if necessary.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 06:39:49 )

Oh yes, maybe a rounder/fatter body for the bears.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 17:28:52 )

But I do like how thin the current body is if you are only wearing the body. So maybe a pose should be added instead of changing the current style.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/16 00:34:34 )
Bird of Prey
★★★

I really love the eyes and feet, I would have given it a higher rating but I just don't really see myself wearing it. I think if the wings pose were back wings as well I would get more use from it. Or if not then just the feathers without the sleeve part attached, wasn't a fan of that.

I do not like the beak, it just does not look like a beak to me, it kind of looks like parted full lips. Maybe make them more bird-like in the future.
As for the colors I like the green and yellow a lot not too much a fan of the red and black one. I think if it were red and orange or blue and orange I'd like it better.

Bearboozled
★★★★★
I LOVE this item I love teddy bears and pajamas and you've combined both! I absolutely love the slippers pose the most! I would have loved to see a pose with the bear head as a sort of hood that shows your avatar's head, kind of like a kigurumi/ onesie. The zipper I feel like could have had more dimension to make it look more zipper-like rather than just a silver stripe going down the middle. I agree with other users the pajama part kind of just looks like it's stuck on it doesn't feel as much as pajamas, maybe a more baggy style to make it look like it is actually a onesie would have been better.
something like this:

Floral Empress
★★★★★

This is extremely well made, I love how the poses flow so nicely, the body and arm mods are a YES, I'd love to see more items with modifications like this.

The coloring is really pretty I would love to see a bit of transparency added to the veil, it kind of blends in with the dress and is hard to distinguish sometimes.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.