Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout Virgil's Desperate Spell (END: LORE UPDATE)

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:06:17 )

"There's no time to mess around and talk. My sister was stupid and pushed herself into doing a spell to help out.
She was never in the right condition to be doing something like that, it's worsened her condition.
The magic seems to have effected her somehow...

I... Know how to use magic too, I just hate doing it. But this is an emergency. We found another spell but I'm in a rush,
I need you to help me figure it out. It's in some stupid code and it's going to need a lot of power."

SUMMARY

Violet's in trouble! Virgil needs your help if she's going to get better!
Help Virgil decode a spell in order to heal her!

MECHANICS

This isn't a competition, this is a group project!
You'll be given a clue to solve. Once solved, you'll unlock the next.
The first clue will be for the first slot, the second clue for the second slot, etc.
Some clues are for the number under the symbol, some clues are for the symbol itself.
It's also possible for symbols to repeat!
This isn't a guessing game, so think carefully about your answer.
Violet's life could be at risk!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:33:44 )
UPDATE: THE SPELL

Virgil sighs shakily as he closes his eyes, trying to mentally prepare himself. You can tell from his reaction that he doesn't want to do this, but gazing over to his resting sister he finds his resolve, sighing as he looks up, "Alright... Lend me your help if you can. If you can't... Just... don't get in the way." He hesitates only a second more before placing his hands on the sides of the book, as to prevent its pages from moving. He mutters under his breath. "This better work or...." He shakes his head, takes a deep breath and focuses on the book under him. He begins to recite the spell.

Just like with his sister before him, his body trembles with the power forming inside him, his eyes glowing brightly. Even with everyone's help and the positive healing energy of this spell, it's a taxing experience on the caster. He noticeably begins to weak as he transfers his magic to the book. Despite, he continues to chant out the spell, a cloud of energy flowing from the pages and engulfing Violet.

A continuous flow of energy builds around Violet, immediately showing signs of improving her health. Before your eyes she begins to regain color, her breathing growing steady and mobility improving. Despite her rapid improvement, Virgil seems too focused or perhaps distracted to notice. Sitting up, Violet frowns deeply, uneasy as she sees what Virgil has put himself through for her sake, "V-Virgil... It's okay.. You can stop now, I'm fine, see?" Her voice doesn't seem to reach him as his breath grows more laboured, gritting his teeth slightly as he continues, seemingly lost to the spell. Wanting him to stop, Violet tries to move but finds herself still too weak, glancing around to look for help.

Standing with you, Vregory watches, feeling lost and almost scared to see the twins in this situation, especially his friend Virgil who seemed to be struggling. His eyes shift to Violet, noticing that she seems better now, but not knowing better to fully understand the situation. However, his friend rat Eugene did know better, leaping from Vregory's jacket to dash towards Virgil. Without a thought of danger, Eugene jumps in to sink his teeth into Virgil's hand, breaking the man's concentration long enough to interrupt the spell before scattering back to Vregory unscathed. "Tch..." Virgil winces, shaking his hand but immediately ignoring it as he rushes to Violet instead, "H-hey... Are you doing okay?"

Sitting up with a bright smile, Violet laughs gently, "Of course I'm fine! You know me, tough as a nail!" Virgil frowns from the response, but is overwhelmed by the relief he feels to see his sister safe and well. However, he instead shows a scowl, upset and glancing away with a heavy frown. Knowing her brother well, Violet reads this expression clearly, "I'm sorry Virgil... I just wanted to help everyone... They've been working so hard and I... Well..."

Virgil let's out an angry sigh, his eyebrows furrowed heavily as he tries to keep his cool. After a long pause he shakes his head, muttering, "Just don't do it again... You should know better by now then to exert yourself..." he lets out a shaky sigh, turning his narrowed gaze to you all, "Yeah thanks. Shows over now. She needs to rest now. Guess I can get you something for the help... Now go"

(You've Been Granted "Twin's Spells"! Find it in your inventory or buy extras from Joyful Jamboree)

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:47:06 )
Have A Clue.
Virgil shakily points to a clue, he reads it aloud.

"I have a floor with no walls, I wave with no hands."

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:57:53 )
O-oh, already. Okay...
16 looks closest to the ocean... which has a floor with no walls and well... it waves.
(can we post now?)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:00:35 )
o v o

That's sound logic to me, Faust. Pretty sure we're allowed to post as well. I hope we can save Violet...

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:05:18 )
He promptly tries the answer in and the ink stays.
You were correct, it is the ocean. Let me get the next one.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:06:19 )
Have A Clue.

"I lash twice with no whip."

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:07:09 )
I think it's the eye, number four. It's a pun off eyelash and we have two eyes, after all. How's that sound? Reasonable?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:08:49 )
I didn't think of that. :o
I was thinking something to do with the wind, but yeah, 4 might be better.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:10:23 )
I can see the wind working too, but... my brain always runs for puns when it sees them. But wind does help cause whiplash sometime when it works on other forces.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:13:41 )
Eye is right. He sighs at the mention of puns, but it's not the time to worry about it.
Let's move on to the next.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:15:04 )
Have A Clue.

"28c=224"

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:16:36 )
*pulls out a calculator because math is gross to her* uuuum... looks like eight.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:16:36 )
224 divided by 28 is 8
so c=8.
I'm actually pretty good with math. :3

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:18:04 )
@Faust Sheep: Note to self, leave the math ones to Faust since my calculator lags my computer xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:18:57 )
o v o

You guys are so fast. I think about it but it's already answered when I go to post. Good job. C;

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:21:33 )
@Dowan: Some will likely be much much harder. Take your time thinking, 'cause we're gonna need that brain >:D

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:22:05 )
Yeah, that was easy. Writes it in and the ink stays.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:22:44 )
Have A Clue.

"I follow you in the night, I hide my darkside."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:24:05 )
o v o

Hmm, could this be 7? When you look up at night, you can see the moon which is bright, but not its shadow.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.