Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout I want to draw

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 17:31:21 )

Who wants to have their avatars drawn super super super fast.
and I mean I'm going to legitimately place a 10 minute timer in front of me and that's all the time I have to try to quickly sketch out your avatar. xD

I have been slacking in my art lately and would really like to pick up on it again.
Tips are appreciated but not required. I haven't been able to post as much as I used to so I'm falling behind in items and spending volts on people lately.

but I adore giving out free art at events just for art practice so <3 please come in. chat. and enjoy some free speed arts!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 17:45:15 )

Well absolutely. ^-^ Let me just grab my timer cause i seem to have misplaced it :O

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 17:46:33 )
Sounds like a fun concept. count me in!

Always ping me please.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 17:57:33 )

Sure think let me just upload cutesu really quick. :]
and i'll get you done as well ^^

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 17:59:58 )

@c u t e s u: and you're done ^-^ Enjoy the 10 minute doodle :D

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:15:46 )

@Saeyra:

your 10 minute doodle is also complete. I got caught up on drawing the base and the folds in the skirt so the color didn't get added ^^;;

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:17:27 )
Your arts are amazing! How do you do it so fast? o3o

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:32:08 )

Honestly.... I don't know? xD These are just 10 minute quick doodles so I try to get the basics laid out without putting in details like cleaning up the face and hands and feet which are my trouble spots.
I've been streaming on twitch for a few years now and improved my skills alot over that time because I do art for donators. And because I have limited time to stream and work on the art i've been slowly picking up speed on getting my art done faster.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:34:53 )
@Shadami: So the basic answer is practice and pressure? That's what I sense. But either way, it's super amazing~ Ten minutes is so tiny for me. I'd probably still be struggling to draw the basic sketch because I'm obsessive and can't draw well for my life. xD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:39:47 )

That's actually why I do the 10 minute challenges with a timer. It I set a restraint in time it forces me to try to get basics down without falling on my obession to make everything perfect. If I'm working on a full piece I can spend hours upon hours redoing lines, cleaning up shading and color. ect ect until all the details are just how I want them to be.
It's.... a way to force myself out of bad habits I suppose? To just draw and enjoy the process? They're basically like warm ups.
It helps that I just recently got an awesome tablet that has pressure sensitivity so I'm still learning how that works and adjusting to it.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:47:27 )
@Shadami: I know the feeling! I do that with writing a lot. Word sprints are pretty common in writing communities, especially NaNoWriMo based ones. I've done everywhere from 5-60 minutes. Though there's plenty of differences here and there. xD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:49:47 )

nanowordsprints are the best twitter invention ever <3 SO HELPFUL.

I'm going through one of my nanowrimo novels actually and have been editing it up and formatting it. adding scenes. fixing names. working on adding forshadowing and such. It's been great... also i just drew you with my eyes closed. oh . god... terrifying.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:51:36 )
A fellow NaNoite! *cheers* Do you draw your own covers then? I'm curious.
And do you do camp? It starts tomorrow. I'm not ready- but I'm never ready. xD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:54:07 )

I'm NOT READY!!! I was thinking camp was in June not April! Oh dear lord no I'm not ready.

But on the plus I can do "editing per page" with the one I"m currently editing and i can completely be ready. maybe.. hopefully. . . And yes I plan to do my own covers. I've also been doing art for chapter titles that will continue to improve as I decide exactly where I want to go with them. The font for the titles is where I'm currently struggling. i don't like how they look yet...

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:55:34 )
@Elithiya: Wait why would it look specifically like potatoes?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:55:40 )

Potatoes are the best thing in the world though. SO your art must be truly amazing :P

eyes closed for fun challenge since you didn't ask for an art. xD

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:57:40 )
@Shadami: I actually was debating asking afterward because I was like, "yknow this thread has a theme here what are you doing self"
Then you did it already and I was flailing 'cause yay I'm a cute Shadrawing~

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 18:59:26 )

Cute shadrawing of total failure. xD
I should share one of my actual take my time drawings.. but I haven't actually done that much in the past year :/ and one of my best ones .. or at least I'm most proud of isn't even up to my level now since its from several years ago.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 19:00:19 )
@Shadami: Can I get a second one you don't consider a failure then? :P I think it's sweet already! *sticks tongue out*

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 19:01:41 )

of course. i juse have to reset the timer to 10 minutes. and finish editing the screen cap i just took finding ... the .. third... rat T.T I"M SO FAR BEHIND

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.