Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout Rat Palace

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 07:11:51 )
Lmao okay so it's more like a junkyard. But anyway this event makes me really happy because, as a rat owner, I'm always happy to see them in a good light. So hello let's party.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 07:49:24 )
Rats are awesome! I don't understand why people think they're gross; they're really not much different from gerbils and other rodents.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 07:58:41 )
Hello I love rats!
I used to have one (I wasn't supposed to, she was a secret. Shhh! Lol). She was awesome.
They are awesome pets.

Edit: Also, have you ever heard of the Rat Temple in India?

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 00:04:47 )
@Theory: Exactly! I always try to tell people they're basically tiny dogs. I have three and they are absolute sweeties.
@Shamrock Shamus: I actually first got my pet rats in secret, too! I wasn't able to convince my mom to let them stay so they lived with my friend lol.

No I haven't! Is it a temple full of rats? o:

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 00:31:01 )
Actually a lot of rats don't live in sewers! They are strong swimmers and can hold their breath for a long time, though, so they can live in them. And to be honest, most wild animals will eat garbage if they can. That's not the animal's first choice, humans kinda forced them to need to do what they can by taking over the whole world and destroying their food sources.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 02:44:16 )
@Auxillatrix: Lol! My parents wouldn't let me get a pet. I was a teen and my school required students to do community service. I volunteered at an animal shelter. At the time, I hated children and I was not fond of the elderly. So I figured animals. I have always liked them. They had a rat. I loved her and I took her home.

Indeed it is.

Donator — he/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 02:49:21 )

I love all rodents ;0;
my dad hates rats and that makes me sad

just a gloomy ghost

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 02:51:04 )
This thread:
YAS GURL YASSS

Rats are SO cute.
Ping me

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 03:13:04 )
@Boris: Raccoons eat garbage too, and they're pretty adorable.
Sean, 25, they/them

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 06:16:01 )
neko says;
Rats are really cute. I've always wanted one. Too bad my dogs would kill it. T ^ T

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 06:19:40 )

@Auxillatrix: What a cute avatar you have!

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 07:06:59 )
Whoa, I leave for two minutes and 80 people show up oh lord.

@Shamrock Shamus: That's such a relatable story. I would NOT be able to work at a pet place, I would want to take them all home, lol.
Oh man, I bet a temple full of rats is a good time. Walk in and be flooded with them, I would love it. :'>

@Lance: Most people, in my experience, hates them until they actually come in contact with them. I don't know if that's true for your dad, but it was true for my family. o:

@Eruca: They're really cute! I want to spread their cuteness far and wide. They deserve to be seen in the right light. :>

@Neko: Ah yeah, dogs are really... Interested in the ratties, haha. If you put them up high or in a room that the dogs can't go into, though, it could work out. ;3

@Panda: Thank you! I like yours, too. c:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 07:46:48 )

Y'all make rats sound so cute, lol. I kind of go either way with them. I need to know they're clean before I start cooing at them lmao.

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 08:02:07 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Actually pet rats are really clean! They groom themselves just about as much as cats do. <3

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 08:06:16 )

Oh, that's good to know!

And afdgjagkdl I just looked up rats vs mice and the first thing to pop up is an exterminator. TToTT

Donator — Yes Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 08:20:25 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Oh noooo, that's just the society we live in, I guess. ; w; Although, wild rats and pet rats are very different, so I get not wanting wild rats around, haha.
26 // Michigan // Goat enthusiast
If you don't ping me I'll miss you!

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 14:02:03 )
neko says;
@Auxillatrix: I doubt my mom would let me spend the money on one, honestly. xD I have 4 dogs and the money we pay in dog food is enough!

sell me rigs please♥

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 18:00:03 )

@Auxillatrix: How do they differ? o:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 18:10:36 )
Yaaaay a fellow rat lover :D I have 6 right now, they are my precious babies rats are by far my favourite animal!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/23 18:43:07 )

@sunny: do you have any pics of them? :D

And anyone else that wants to share? o w o

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.