Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout I need some juice...

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 01:26:48 )
so charge me up?

I just spent 2h at Home Depot at a job fair @_@. Spent like 45m in a lineup standing, then got registered/numbered and got to sit with like 20 or so other people in a waiting area to be called to the other end of the store for a flash interview lol. I thought i'd just pass in my resume say my availability and that'd be that. NOPE. But at least it counts sort of as an interview haha. I find out in 2 weeks or so (they have 300 applications or more to go through), if I get a call. It'll be for a 2nd actual interview instead of like a 5 minute one.

I got some caffeine in me now though <3 And hopefully something will come of this.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 01:49:37 )

good luck on your interveiw? and here's best hopes for you getting the job.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 01:52:02 )
@keirenkiren: Oh my. I hope you got in. That sounds like a really interesting job fair. Not the ones I’d ever been to, that’s for sure.

The good news is you’re home now so you’d get to rest. :)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 01:59:25 )
@star2000shadow: Hope I get a 2nd call. The first was like 5 minutes and selling myself to them essentially haha

@Len: this was my first actual sort of job fair except for one job I had but yeah haha. It's different than a job fair my roommate did for a old folks home.

@Cookie: Nope we've always had that Home Depot haha but it's their spring hire event. I applied for the job a few days before they announced the event. Here's hoping.

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 02:01:17 )
@keirenkiren: I can agree with that. 030
Was it good overall or kind of meh? 030

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 02:03:52 )
@Len: I have high hopes haha I'll be discouraged if not. ;u; I was one of the few Caucasians there too lol We have a flood of internationals and like 90% of them from the College were there I'm sure lol. But they're hiring for every position pretty much except managers etc. I applied as cashier.

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 02:09:59 )
@keirenkiren: Ah. I hope you get the second interview then. :)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 02:10:42 )
@Len: Same. I been home without work for over a year now. GETTIN BORING HAHA

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 02:20:39 )
@keirenkiren: Oh yeah, tell me about it. :0
The feels are real. :0
My Profile Shoppe! Come Check it Out!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 02:24:03 )
@Len: yup ;u; it's also hard to get work here too but if nothing comes of it I have a worker through income assistance who will help me seek employment as well lol
Bribe Shop
Freebies, come get em

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.