Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Blood in Roses

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 00:27:15 )
Zero chuckled quietly at her gasp, and came over to stand next to her as she started going through the pantry. "I don't know much about herbs to be honest." He admitted, moving aside so he wasn't blocking her and curiously examined the jar of herbs she had fished out. "Maybe you or Allen could teach me." He mused semi teasingly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 06:03:09 )
In the mug, she set down a bit of the herb then looked at Zero and smiled. "Well I learned what I know by reading his books." She answered politely. "I think if you really want to learn about them, I could always teach you." She offered softly. She didn't mind teaching him what she knew if it was something he actually wanted to know about. Kaneko checked on the food again and stirred the food a little more before tasting it to make sure it was good on flavor.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 19:49:46 )
Zero tilted his head. "Learn by reading?" He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm more of a hands on guy myself." He mused, chuckling. "Never really had a green thumb either.. But it'd be nice to know in case I'm out and find some we can use." He shrugged some, then glanced at her. "How's it coming?" He asked curiously.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 20:37:41 )
"Hands on?" Kaneko repeated and nodded. "Alright, I'll have to have you help me make the teas sometime then. You can hand me the herbs and I'll tell you what they're for." She suggested. "The one we're using right now does not grow in the winter, so I try to farm it as much as I can during the other seasons that way I can have a lot on reserve for situations like these. It's not just to help you see, if your eyes are itchy, this is good for that too." She explained and looked at Zero when he asked about the food. "It's just about done. Can you go tell Allen that breakfast is ready? I'll start serving it and then I need to pour the water into the mug once it starts to boil." She added, stirring the food a little more and adding some shredded cheese on top. Cheesey scrambled eggs with hashbrowns and some sausage. It looked and smelled very good.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/21 22:41:44 )
Zero smirked at her words. She was actually willing to teach him, cool. "Sounds like a plan, and thank you for giving me a chance." He said quietly, turning to go get Allen when she asked him to. Breakfast was almost ready.

"Allen, breakfast is almost ready. Come on out." He said as he approached the bedroom doorway. Allen glanced up from the book and nodded. "Alright, thanks." He said, setting the book aside and standing. "You're you feeling?" Zero asked curiously. "Fine, I guess. Vision's still foggy but at least it's there." He murmured. Zero nodded and headed back to the kitchen with Allen not far behind.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 08:46:25 )
"We all deserve at least one chance." Kaneko answered. She sniffed the food and sighed happily. It smelled divine. She was sure that the boys would like it. The table was set by Zero, so while she was alone, Kaneko went over and started to serve them their breakfast. Carefully as to not to burn herself. Then she set the empty pans on the stovetop and carefully poured the boiling water into the mug that was for Allen. Carefully setting the kettle back down, she let the herb steep in the mug with the hot water. In the meantime, she looked to get herself and Zero something to drink.

She could hear movement and looked over her shoulder to see that both Zero and Allen were arriving. "I'll bring your tea to you in a little bit Allen." She told him, standing on her tippy toes to take out two mugs for herself and Zero. "What would you like to drink Zero?" She asked, pouring herself some orange juice.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/22 18:41:57 )
Allen sat down at the table and smiled. "Thank you." He said. It always smelled so good when she cooked, better than any restaurant he ever walked into. "I can get it." He said casually. She had already cooked breakfast, he could get his own drink. Zero went into the kitchen and got himself a glass and the Orange juice, then put it back and say at the table with Allen.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/30 00:59:07 )
When everyone was seated, Kaneko brought over the tea for Allen and kissed the top of his head. "There you go. Careful, it's still a little hot." She said and took a seat herself. It was always nice having someone to sit down with when she was going to eat. Back home it was usually just her. Sometimes her father would sit with her but he was not always home so for the most part she was alone. Even though he wasn't the best father, he was the only father she knew. The only father figure she had in her life. Now she didn't even have him in her life and while she was sad, she was also glad that the danger was over with and she could live her own life.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/30 03:05:31 )
Allen glanced down at the plate of food he could actually see, and it looked as good as it probably tasted. He gingerly kissed her cheek after she kissed the top of his head. "The food looks, and smells as delicious as always." He said truthfully, the only difference being he could see it. The tea also smelled good, but he was more focused on the food, and so he began to eat once everyone had sat down and gotten their food and drinks. Manners were manners after all.

Zero smirked some at his they interacted, then began eating as well.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 09:22:35 )
(Sorry it's been so long. With finals finally coming to an end and holiday shopping to be done, I've just been tired. I would understand if you are no longer interested in continuing these.)

It was surprising to her, to know that Allen was slowly regaining his eyesight. It was actually happening and she was so happy and excited for him. She could only imagine how excited he must feel to know that he could faintly see. Kaneko smiled, "Thank-you very much. I do try my best." She answered honestly. She knew her cooking wasn't as good as perhaps other people's cooking but she happened to like her own cooking. It hadn't been easy of course. There were many times where she had burned food and her father would have to order takeout. Those were still good days though. He used to be a good father but then he wasn't. It brought a frown to her face just thinking about it but she didn't want to worry Allen or Zero. Not when there were other things to worry about. She knew Allen didn't exactly trust Zero, but she was proud of him for giving him a chance at least. Now all they were really doing was playing the waiting game. If Jax showed up, she would talk to him. If the council showed up, they would be ready. "The council...when do you think they will actually show up? I imagine under cover of darkness?" She suggested, looking at Zero after drinking some of her tea.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 19:52:20 )
(( *glomp* Are you kidding? I'm just happy you found time to reply ^~^ is love to keep going, I understand lightly life getting crazy, I'm in a tight spot myself >< ))

Allen happy munched on his breakfast. Her food always tasted good, and it probably because she loves cooking. He didn't know much about cooking, but he used to be human. He used to watch his mother cook, not very often. She usually smiled when he did see her cooking.

Zero paused and glanced at Kaneko when she spoke. "They'll come when they come, we probably won't get a warning." He said, sipping his juice.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/7 20:08:54 )
No warning? Kaneko pouted a little. That was rather worrisome but she assumed it was fair. Why would the enemy warn you that they were coming? Of course they would surprise them. That was the whole point, to get them unprepared. Were they really ready to face off against a group of actual vampires? Kaneko couldn't even believe that this was her actual life. Vampires were supposed to exist, but they did and she was in love with one. In love and living with one and she never actually felt like she was in any danger with Allen around. "You both seem really calm about this." Kaneko noted. Was she the only one who was nervous? Or perhaps they were just better at hiding it than she was.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/17 17:21:23 )
Allen was holding a lot in, and he didn't even realize it until Kaneko notes how they both were. Sure, he was happy to have his sight back so maybe that was why. He wasn't entirely thinking about the council until now, since his breakfast was finished and his plate clean. He paused and lowered his milky eyes.

Zero also finished his breakfast and finished off his juice. "Kaneko, in our world, fearing the council is not an option." He spoke calmly, glancing at her. "Besides, as I said before, I have my own reasons for seeking them out. You can't fear something you've prepared yourself to face head on." He said.

Allen was beginning to understand more. "I've never come in contact with the council itself.. I don't know what we're up against, but if it means protecting something important to me, I won't back down." He murmured, glancing at Zero. "Alright, out with it. Why are you so hell bent on taking on the council? What did they do that was so terrible?" He asked with a bit of a bite. Zero's expression relaxed some and he looked at Allen, then sighed some. "Guess I can't keeping avoiding it. Listen well, because I'm only going to tell you once." He stated.

"I had someone significant in my life, a human woman, much like how you have Kaneko. We were partners, we were hunters but we only went after feral vampires, that much hadn't changed. However, I turned her in order to save her. A feral had been more of a handful than we were expecting, I had underestimated it and it attacked my partner.. Akana covered me and it almost cost her, her life. I couldn't lose her..so I turned her with the venom in my fangs. Once the council caught on, I tried to hide her, I took her anywhere I thought the council couldn't find her, but it wasn't enough. They found her, and they killed her. I couldn't do a damn thing back then, and I swore I would get stronger and face them for what they did." He said.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.