Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Comfortable is sexy: obviously a hangout

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 21:47:14 )
@Shark: Yeah that usually happens to me. I try to write about how I feel and everything sounds stupid anyway. It's ok tho. We're all allowed to think stupid things.

Idk, it's a matter of formality to me. TBH, I don't think I've ever writte the exact phrase "I [verb] all (of) this". All of It, maybe. Or just it. But I try to write pretty casually most of the time, so I guess I'd go with "all this", if I'm debating.
Are you having to choose between "all this and "all of this"?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 22:23:24 )
@Eruca: I like stupid things. It's comfortable!

I was just reading a book that used "all this" and I don't like the way it sounded in my head. :P I looked it up online and it seems like people are split about it. So I guess at least I'm not the only one.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 23:25:35 )
also, Simon

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 17:08:12 )
@Shark: skv9yiwosbcifpwbxuglwnzbivkejxhd

I Adore that child!! My insides are melting... Why would you ever go outside if you were hanging out with lovely Simon??

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 17:13:16 )
He's not always that peaceful. lol

So I was prescribed some sleeping pills, the pharmacist said I could try half a tablet first, and I ended up sleeping worse than I usually do. Which I thought was impossible.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 17:17:10 )
@Shark: Glad I could partake in such a rare moment then. In whatever way looking at a photo is...

Oh no. What on earth happened?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 17:43:52 )
I was just lying there not sleeping and eventually I'd start dreaming and so I was like "oh hey, that was a dream. that must mean I slept" >_< but still waking up every half hour or so like usual.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 18:45:25 )
@Shark: Oh, I think I know what you mean.
I only took sleep medication once (I had a rly bad cold and I only had the medicine that made you drowsy). It felt like my body was asleep but my mind was not. If the trouble with bad sleep is in the mind, that kind of thing really doesn't help...

I hope you can figure something out. Waking up every half hour sounds like a bad time.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 18:54:14 )
I've been having trouble sleeping for years. idk why. I don't remember it being bad when I was younger. And like, no amount of heavy exercise helps either.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 20:11:20 )
It seems so complicated, all of it.

Lol, I just said "all of it".
Btw, what book were you reading?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 20:29:30 )
:p

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray. I like her writing! Going Bovine was a great book, I think you'd enjoy that actually. o: It's pretty morbid.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 21:27:34 )
Huh, never heard of Libba Bray. Contemporary?
I don't usually heard about authors until it's at least 100 years since their death.... Ha. Haha...

Oh she wrote a great and terrible beauty! A book I chose not to read when all my friends were raving about it in high school. When they weren't talking about twilight...

Going Bovine is described as a surreal dark comedy... Sounds like just my thing. Haha. Prion disease is awful though. Stuff of nightmares.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 22:16:33 )
@Eruca: God I hate talking on the phone. I feel like a fucking moron. Like the stupidest that stupid can be. Kill me pls.

oh yeah, Gemma Doyle... I always hear people talking about that but I've never read it. lol. I should probably pick that up next library visit.

Yep yep that definitely gave me anxiety. Super scary. x_x

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 22:58:04 )
@Shark: That reminds me of the episode of family guy where meg asks god to kill her "god, kill me now" she says, and multiple times, god grabbed his sniper rifle but ended up being too busy for her. lol

New york times best seller!

Prion diseased slayed whole villages in older times. Actually, it was especially a problem in one specific village that consumed the brains of the diseased to honor them. Can't remember their geographical location...

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 23:25:12 )
@Eruca: Yeah I remember reading up on that cannibalism stuff when I was into Hannibal. lol. ugh.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 23:43:11 )
- hides in the thread -
call me grem
they/them

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 02:28:40 )
Marco!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 02:29:32 )
@Shark: I think spiritually, it kind of makes sense.
But personally, i wouldn't be able to get over the squick factor.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 03:29:36 )
I guess if you're raised with that around you, it's not so gross.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 03:59:01 )
Yeah. Habits die hard, so it goes.
I think it is rather more accurate to say, habits don't usually die, but when they do, it's because you've put in a lot of effort. And in cases like eating the brains of your ancestors, too much effort for it to be worth it. I'd rather just be set on fire, or left to decompose underground. That's enough remembrance for a life such as mine.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.