Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops The Sandbox [Art] ⇒ Shop: CLOSED ⇄ Freebies: OPEN

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 21:57:48 )
@Mica: round 2 how much is there now days for ged?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 04:27:41 )
• v •
@Unicorn: Ah well my country is different but I presume it's gonna be another school year, since it's classified as senior high.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:03:47 )
@Mica: Ooh I see, yeah here if you finish a few test sand still like one or two tests left to do then there would be another scool year. So I can understand that

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 07:13:08 )
• v •
@Unicorn: Hehe, yeah! I'm hoping it goes well and I can survive. :vanora_heart:
How are you doing todaaay? I'm drawing the lines for Lith's picture and so far liking whats happening. :)

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 16:46:50 )
November 2017 - February 2018
@Mica: Of course. And that's good. I wouldn't want you to over-exert yourself, but I am pleased to hear that you've made some good progress already on it. I know what you mean though about taking a break helping. Sometimes it really is necessary with creative endeavors like art and writing. And yes, I do hit many roadblocks, but adore writing, so I'm willing to put up with all the emotional stress that sometimes comes with it. What's funny though, is, I actually ending up writing one of my favorite lines for a novel because I was so frustrated and done when trying to think of how to word something. I literally just gave up on thinking and wrote the first thing that popped into my mind, and ended up falling in love with the result. Lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 23:48:36 )
@Mica: well I am glad to hear that, and I hope that things go great for you!
I am really bored waiting for the ups to get here, couldn't got to the store or
the park today. and it doesn't look like we will be going to the park tomorrow
because it is to rain tomorrow. but we are doing alright. how about you?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 14:30:31 )
• v •
@Lithinel: Yeah! I'm.. done, it's hella messy though but I hope it's okay :']

It's nice to see such passion for something, y'know? It's common sense but I think a lot of people forget that any skill creative or otherwise takes a lot of resilience and work. Yeah some of the best stuff is made on a whim or just randomly and not planned in the least. Roadblocks are just a part of the whole thing. So hold on, you're writing a novel? :o May I ask what kind?

@Unicorn: Oh, what was the package for? :D
Jeez is the weather still rainy there? We're in the middle of summer here so.. not much showers here. For now...

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 17:33:43 )
@mica: Ahh, I love it. Thank you so so much for drawing him. I don't mind the messiness at all and his expression fits him so so well. My snarky and charming Ramziel

That is true, I think people do forget that sometimes since those of us who work hard on our skills become so good at it, it makes it look easy to others. In reality though, it takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. Pardon the cliche, but that's really the best way to describe it. And yes, I am.

Well..multiple novels honestly. The one Ramziel belongs to is like a modern fantasy novel series. It takes place in a world that's like Earth, only instead of this world being populated by humans, it's populated by supernatural creatures. So angels, demons, faeries, witches, vampires, werewolves, etc. So the world is essentially a more dangerous, more magical version of earth that has no humans. There is also a lot of romance in this novel so it's technically a paranormal-romance series, but there's a lot more to it than that as well.

The one with the funny line however if sort of a blend of futuristic sci-fi/historical fantasy romance. It takes place on a different planet entirely, and while certain parts of this planet are more advanced than earth, there is also a lot of medieval influence to it as well. It's kind of hard to explain. And then I have a whole bunch of other paranormal-romance ideas as well.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 20:13:15 )
@Mica: medicine. And it is cold outside. No rain yet.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 11:41:56 )
• v •
@Lithinel: I am suh glad you like him! :) I was a bit worried since it's gonna be paid for so I did try to clean it up a bit.

Yeah man, effort > innate talent! Creators work super hard and we gotta give 'em props when we can!

So no humans, eh?! That's a thing, usually humans always exist in the fantasy realms. There's so much creativity to world building that I like, you can see the little quirks and preferences of the author. I love romance, I even read those cliche romance novels you expect to find in your grammas basement but they're a guilty pleasure. But they're seldom quality work if you know what I mean. :'(

I've never been a big fan of sci-fi, though I think it's more of the aesthetic of the setting. I find when I am in the setting whether in a roleplay, game or even a show I don't mind it that much. I think the mixes of sci fi/fantasy is definitely an interesting mix since there's a lot of potential there. I love the fusion of genres in stories and even in music!

@Unicorn: Cute avi Uni! :) How's life been treating you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 19:08:42 )
@Mica: Awe, thank you. things are going pretty great, how are things going for you?

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 21:32:10 )
@mica: I think it turned out super wonderful. I absolutely love it. I'll probably be back in the future again with another character if you don't mind.

And well when I say there are no humans, I'm referring to the world in itself. This is because the human world and the supernatural world are separate due to there being too many creatures in the supernatural world that would essentially cause chaos in the human world. However, in the story, there will be ONE human who ends up traveling to the supernatural realm. But I have a specific reason for this. The worlds are separated by portals it's only because the veil between the worlds is already thinning that this human manages to make it through to the other side. So this isn't because I'm trying to present humans as special, but more because it will help set up something much much bigger.

I definitely know what you mean though. And well, I'm a bit picky about sci-fi if I'm being honest. I don't like the "horror" type of sci-fi at all, but I do like the adventure/fantasy sci-fi like Doctor Who and SOME dystopian sci-fi though I'm picky on that as well.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:40:19 )
@mica: heyo do you draw fan art?

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 17:34:15 )
• v •
@Unicorn: Good! DOING LOTS OF ART... damn real money keepin' me away from this shop. ;~;

@Lithinel: Yeah sure! I don't mind at all. x)
Looks like you've got a whole lot figured out with your novel. :o That's pretty cool! Also an overarching plot thing you got goin' there. A lot of the stories I think up are usually character-centric, in that it focuses more on their growth and experiences. I realized when I make a convoluted plot-line with kingdoms, politics and intrigue that it can get overwhelming since I overthink to all hell.

I'm a big chicken when it comes to horror films but, something about it kind of keeps me comin' back - especially with friends. ..Only with friends.

@Okios: I do! It just depends on the subject whether I think I can do it or not. =D

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:45:10 )
@Mica: well that is great to hear -giggles.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 19:02:49 )
• v •
@Unicorn: Yeah I can't complain! :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 20:57:12 )
@Mica: well it is awesome that there is no complaining

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 22:15:58 )
• v •
@Unicorn: Haha true! :)

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 22:46:51 )
Your work is absolutely incredible aahh!! <3
Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 23:35:03 )
@Mica: glad to hear that you are doing alright on the art though and everything
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.