Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm finally going to Japan!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 19:15:43 )

Yes I finally am able to go!
For those of you that don't know, I'm fluent in Japanese, and it was my major in school. I have never been able to go to Japan before, even though I've had about 5-6 opportunities in the past. They all few through either because I was too young, I didn't have enough money, family problems, and work. Now, finally, I booked a flight to Japan and I'm going!!

There are so many things that I want to do. I'm going to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto (that one only for a day) and Fukuoka. If you guys have any tips, or recommendations please let me know! I understand the culture well, but everyone loves knowing about the best shops, restaurants and places to see!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 19:16:12 )

Oh I was so excited that I forgot to say when I'm going. I'm going from May 19th to May 30th.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 19:59:38 )
@totalanimefan: Sounds like you'll be there for the cherry blossoms! 8D

I have never been but a few of my friends went last april and they were right before the blossoms o3o

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 22:02:03 )
    @Totalanimefan: That is fantastic that you are finally getting the chance to go, I'm excited for you!
    I'm jealous of all the yummy food you'll get to eat and all the sights you'll get to see.
    You'll have to take many, many pictures and share them with us when you come back.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/5 23:43:50 )

@Luffer Nutter: I think I'm going to be there too late for them. They bloom in late April.
@llyr: Thank you! I've been wanting this for like 13 years lol
I'm going to enjoy the food and the sights. I hope that I won't be too tired/jet lagged while I'm there. I will share updates with you guys. ^^

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 00:23:32 )
@totalanimefan: Damn they all disappear that quickly? T_______T

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 01:08:54 )
    @Totalanimefan: Hopefully the jet lag will only last a day or two so that you can use the rest of your time there to fully enjoy yourself.
Currently Questing;
keep warm
librarian
fabled
draconic dream

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 01:46:15 )
O: Waoh that's awesome!!
I don't know anything about Japan so can't help you there.. > . <
Waiting for more pretty long hairs~ ' u '

Questing :: Alice

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:11:53 )

@Luffer Nutter: Yeah they are only around for like 2-3 weeks.
@llyr: Yes I hope so too. It's just that sometimes when I'm super, super too tired I actually can't get my body to fall asleep. It happened one time when I went to England overnight from Florida. It sucked.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:12:11 )

@ME: Thank you! And it's ok. I do know a lot, but I have also never been.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:16:43 )

@Totalanimefan: Go to the Bamboo Forest in Kyoto :D And when in Tokyo try and visit Harajuku :)

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:24:17 )

@vengeance: Thanks! Have you been before? I want to take a day trip to Kyoto and see all the famous things, which includes the bamboo forest. There are bus tours that do that.
And when I'm in Tokyo I'm going to all the major parts. I'm probably going to be in Tokyo for 5 days.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:25:33 )

@Totalanimefan: I wish :( It is my big big dream to go there someday. I also wanne go and visit the Itsukushima Shrine.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:26:28 )

@vengeance: Which city is that Shrine in?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:28:44 )

@Totalanimefan: It is on the island of Itsukushima ((popularly known as Miyajima). And it is in the city Hatsukaichi. It is on the Unesco World Heritage List.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:30:16 )

@vengeance: Thanks for the info. I need to take a look at the world heritage list.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:31:20 )

@Totalanimefan: Here it is: http://whc.unesco.org/en/statesparties/jp

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/6 17:33:25 )

@vengeance: Thank you!

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/7 07:15:48 )
@totalanimefan: damn I didn't realize I wanna go for that but how do you know :vanora_cry: :vanora_cry:

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/7 18:27:40 )

@Luffer Nutter: I just looked it up when the Sakura season is. It's also about the same time for where I live in CA, and in DC. (We don't have a lot of Sakura trees, but we do have a few)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.