Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I'm Losing My Confidence

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/4 22:40:45 )
You can die anytime...

I always thought when it came to rps, I was fairly decent. I do need more practice at it since I've only seriously written for rps for about three or four years. I was hoping to be able to jump back into the ones I had here. I know people move on from things or just want a break from them. But lately I've been starting to lose my confidence on how good I REALLY am when it comes to them. I know I'm probably just being silly and impatient. I guess I really just wanted a thread to vent in. Don't mind me ^^

but living takes true courage.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 01:55:25 )
@KimmiChan1989: I've seen some peeps who rp so good they could be a best selling book author x.x

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 02:29:01 )
Remember that no matter what, you write for yourself (it's why we pick up the hobby) so try not to worry too much about dazzling your partner(s) with your structure. You don't want writing to become chore. It's so much easier said than done, but the less you try to stress yourself to produce a perfect product, the more easily it'll actually come out in the end -- lest you suffer something my CW teacher endearingly referred to as mental constipation. c:

Good luck!

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 03:13:51 )
FuuChan Says...

For me what helps me when I lose my confidence a bit with my art,
I always remind myself the artists that I look up to didn't start out to be this good. It probably took them many years to be
as good as they are now.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 20:53:10 )
You can die anytime...

Yeah... I guess that's all true... I just feel like I'm slipping. >.< It's hard when you feel like no one wants to rp with you anymore

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 23:10:44 )

I'm horrible at RP's and stories because the character I always want to write is just myself. XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 23:35:20 )
You can die anytime...

Part of my issue is that sometimes I should write as how my character should feel in that situation, not how I would feel if it happened to me DX

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 22:42:39 )
I go through the same thing, honestly. I can't say I've written seriously for as long as most, so I definitely would have a lot to improve on too (but isn't that like, always anyways?)
Sometimes it just takes the right partner though. That's how I gained confidence! My partner I met on rpnation might have boosted my ego a bit too much XD but it definitely helped having supportive, patient and positive people to write with.

ama

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.