Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Rig Item

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/27 08:59:07 )

@Q t e a p o n: We don't need a sink yet. The last mini event was a gold sink, plus the site is very new.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/27 09:23:00 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah, totally not yet and my suggestion is actually a small gold sink. :3

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/28 20:40:16 )
neko says;
I definitely agree with this! There are a ton of volts in the system since commons are only added in small batches, and we have massive hangout threads. We need some 'gold' sinks.

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/28 22:57:30 )

@Q t e a p o n: that is true.
@Baz: you know better than us but just from what I’ve seen in the exchange it doesn’t seem like general users have a lot of volts. Only very few like Panda and I (and maybe 5 others) have a shit ton of Volts. More volts in the system over time is needed for economy growth. However, gold sinks will be needed in the future. I think that gambling is a good one because people tend to get tired of the items in gold sink rigs.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 06:45:52 )
I would say have the volt RIG switch out like every 3-4 months. It can just have 4 single pose items. Maybe have each rig have a theme, like pets, hair, braclets, shoes, etc... idk how much to make them cost though. If it never changes it will only be a very short term solution and people will indeed get tired of it. Honestly you could even do one item and have it be an RIG of each recolor of the item o3o

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 07:05:03 )

From what I have seen, because I tend to ask a lot of people, there are a lot of Volts in the system. Not just a few people, a lot of users have plenty of volts. You can easily make so much Volts in so little time on Voltra, it's insane. :0

@Baz: Maybe have tiers of rigs that last for 3-6 months at a time. Volties have an option to play any of the tiers below;
1,000 (3 items) 33.33%
2,500 (3 items) 33.33%
5,000 (3 items) 33.33%
10,000 (3 items) 33.33%

The higher the price per play, the better items they get. Each tier have items in the same quality, each item in each tier have the same rate of winning :D I think this will be an awesome idea and shouldn't be too hard, since we already have a rig system with the crates.

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 07:36:44 )
Ok, so I have a little input on this... Basically, as much as it doesn't seem there is a problem with Volts right now, it could happen very quickly and steamroll into a major issue. Bare in mind the site is only 2 months old as of open beta, and I joined on the 18th October and already have 85k mounted up.

This means if there are an influx of users, there could potentially be two rather large economic issues very quickly. Number one being the number of volts in the system, and number two being the lack of items to spend Ohms on.

As much as I love that you can equip more than one pose on each crate item, you are essentially opened up to each user only requiring a maximum of 3 of each item. The rares do encourage addition crates to be purchased, but ultimately you can equip all poses for only $15 per month. As much as this is a good figure, many users like to donate in amounts of $50 or so per month, so where do they spend their extra Ohms? They may sell them to other users, receive volts. However, there comes a point where there won't be anything to spend the extra volts on.

Yes, we have commons - And lovely commons, at that. However, the issue here is that not everybody will like every common. Some users may purchase 2 or 3 colors of a particular common item, but then they may never revisit that particular common for other colors. Essentially, the average user may spend 10-20k on commons, as they aren't usually a large part of a user's inventory. At the current rate, you could earn that in less than a week then have no issues keeping up with new release commons and still banking up (rather useless) volts.

As much as a RIG could be a fantastic idea, it also raises issues. If the RIG were to be purchased with Ohms, we need to have sufficient donators to be able to sell the RIGs to users for volts so everybody gets a chance. This then doesn't combat the volt problem, if anything could make it worse as people will attempt to earn more volts to be able to purchase the new RIG items.

If the RIGs were to be sold for Volts, we may hit the snag that lurkers complain they can't earn enough volts for the items, and their only option is to sell Ohms to other users to be able to purchase them. This then brings us back to the market being open enough to sell the Ohms - If nobody wants to spend them on items, why would they buy? Therefore, the price of Ohms could plummet.

So, essentially with this - You could be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

I also have a bit of an issue with the last suggestion, that would be a LOT of artist work. I understand they could be on 3-6 month rotating rosters, however, the original work to get the item up and running would come at a large cost due to the large amount of items.

The way I see it, is that it could work how Milestone items work. There is an option to purchase the RIG for either Ohms or Volts, and the RIG is circulated out every 2-3 months (Probably 2, to coincide with the rare crate items).

There could be options within the RIG to win;

1 - Rare Crate Item (1% chance)
2 - 1x Unique Ultra-Rare Item (3% chance)
3 - 3x Unique Rare Items (7% chance each)
4 - 5x Unique Common Items (15% chance each)

This way, there are 8 new items, additional shots at getting the rare crate item, and the RIG can be purchased by the majority of users - High posters with volts, donators with Ohms...

Edit: 9 new items. Para can't count. XD

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 07:48:44 )

Para's novel is on point :D +1

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 08:02:07 )
This is all very helpful feedback!
In no way do I want to lower the value of ohms or set the rate for them by making the RIG have the option to purchase with Ohms or Volts. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that have come to mind though. They're still a work in progress. ^^

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 08:20:38 )
Technically, though, the rate for Ohms is already set by Milestone Items?

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 08:55:57 )
@Paranoia: That was never my intention, it was more to be fair to all users since non-donors also contribute to meeting our milestone items. I can make future MIs Volts only or even remove the option from purchasing them all together if it is devaluing Ohms.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 08:58:27 )

@Fozzy: It should be enough now, since there are so many users in the system to get all the milestone items.

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 08:59:35 )
@Fozzy: True, especially in early stages where there weren't as many volts floating around...

Personally, I do like the idea of also being able to purchase them with Ohms, but it does also seem to kinda stick the 1:20 ratio in. :3

If you do change it, I would announce a date where MIs would no longer have an Ohm price, though - Like, starting next year, maybe?

Just so people have time to bank up some Volts to purchase them, if they originally planned to just spend Ohms.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 09:01:42 )

The reason we had milestone items in the shop in the first place, it's because there weren't that many registered users. If we keep having the items in the shop, they aren't going to be valuable anymore. Milestone items are more like special items for people that help us get there, so they shouldn't be too common. I would suggest having it until the end of this year. :D

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 09:03:03 )
True, so it would just turn to a grant to registered users at the time instead?
So the only way to get spares is with secondary accounts?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 09:03:30 )

@Paranoia: We can have 3 accounts, so that should be good :D
Oh, and all the past milestones were granted to us automatically.

Donator — MOOCOW Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 09:04:13 )
Yeah, it would be alright - Just would be better to decide previous and warn users that's how it would happen from now on. ^^

Please @ me when you talk to me.
I'm a terrible person with memory like a sieve.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 09:07:58 )

Yeah, we should have enough time to warn users :D

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/31 00:31:18 )
Limited edition commons are a great idea, as is the RIG for that. Make it be the only way to get these items and mmmaybe one or two rarer ones that aren't IMPOSSIBLE but just a lower chance. Even if the other RIG items get a bit cheaper, the rarer items will keep it worthwhile.
And cycle it out for others perhaps?

Sorry of this was talked about before there's a lot of posts in this thread. ;w;
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/31 00:42:23 )

I know we are talking about rigs but how about a lottery 1-2 a year? Where you can win items by buying tickets. We had those on Ernya and they where massive gold sinks. Some bought 100 tickets and still didn't won while someone with 1 ticket got a good item. Not always of cource.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.