Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk losing large amounts of weight

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 11:19:38 )

Honestly, you don't want to lose more than... I think like 2 poundsa a week. MOre than that and it's TOO much, too fast, and just not healthy.
But! I can say this much
You could try what I'm tryin'. I can't speak for the effectiveness for weight, but I do yoga and I CAN speak for how it will help with flexibility. Holy hell will it.
Also, look into a bike. They're better than walking (faster! XD And more effective for the weight thing). Seriously. If you bike for a bit every day, build that up more and more until you can go for awhile, and do yoga every couple days [twice a week, for example] it should, in theory, help you lose weight.

At least that's what I'mma be doing once I get a bike again. Lol
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 11:55:37 )
@Neko: Good for you for trying to make a change. I was a fat kid since around third grade. At my heaviest I was around 275 pounds, not sure if I went past that or not because I stopped looking at the scale. I was scared to go over the 300 pound mark and decided I had to make a change. I felt awful and I'm sure I looked the same way I felt. It has taken me years, but I finally feel a bit better about how I look, I'm still not healthy, but I'm trying. I have some health issues that keep me from doing a lot of exercise, so I mainly try to do a little bit of leg lifts or walk some. I think being so overweight for so long and not having my diabetes under control caused a lot of my health issues. I am currently down to around 190 pounds.
I have always been an unhealthy eater. I've been trying to work on that. Work days I have a banana & yogurt for breakfast & then fruits and vegetables for lunch. Drinking too much soda has also been a problem for me, now I am trying to drink mostly flavored waters, plain water or tea. On the weekends is when I cheat like today I had pizza for dinner and then some lime cookies for a late snack.
I wish you lots of luck in getting the weight off and being able to keep it off.

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 12:01:29 )
I have epilepsy and I was a god damn twig until I was put on a certain medication to control it. Problem is, it caused me to gain weight. My heaviest (before my cancer last year) I was 308 pounds. I got sick and I was told to lose weight. So, I started trying. My medication I mention earlier is causing me problems though. I know what you are thinking, just switch meds. I cannot though. My doctor tried that several years ago because of the weight but I had seizure after seizure. And I finally had to be put back on the meds when I was on the interstate going 60mph, had a seizure and slammed head on into a guard rail. Luckily, I was the only one in the car and while I did get a pretty bad concussion, I was otherwise uninjured. But, law requires me to lose my license for two years after a seizure while driving.

I have lost a lot thought. I weighed myself yesterday and am 267. So, whoot!

I hope you continue pushing forward and become healthier and happier. : D

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/30 12:22:17 )

@Neko: Hey, as long as you're trying that is what matters.
I am currently going through my own weight-loss struggle. I'm overweight (5'6, 180lbs at my highest..range from 175-177 on a daily basis), not obese but I am well on my way there if I don't start doing something about it. I've been going to the gym with my SO 3-5 times a week for the past 5 weeks (still can't do a real pushup, I have to do it on my knees, too). I can feel some muscle building and have noticed my stamina getting better, but I haven't lost any weight.
I know why, its diet related, but its just so blegh.
I've been eating the healthiest I ever have in my life, but weekends are still an all-out war for me because those are when I treat myself and "cheat". Which I feels just ends up re-setting all the hard work I did throughout the week.

Point is, I'm still working on it, too. I'm not perfect, but I've learned that trying to completely change my lifestyle all at once hasn't worked for me. I just need to take it one thing at a time. If you're incorporating exercise into your daily life, that is fucking great. You're doing something different, you're starting a change. Don't feel pressured to completely overhaul your lifestyle. Take it slow, adjust to it, don't overwhelm yourself. As a heavier person it will come off quicker than it would for me, even if you don't go hard in the paint and live at the gym for 8 hours everyday, so that is something to look forward to!

Just keep it up. I have faith in ya c:

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/4 07:02:57 )
@Neko: i like to check in on individuals when they post this kind of stuff to show support, so how has it been going?

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/4 07:55:37 )
neko says;
@Burntcicle: Thanks! It's been doing alright.
Done a bit of a slip up on all this Halloween candy. But I'm bout to get back on track. :D

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/4 08:14:55 )
@Neko: no problem! But i think a lot of us did. But just don't stress over it. As long ad you get right back on track, it will be fine! This is something i have to keep telling myself, not to stress about the candy or well holiday season time of the year really cause i get really hard on myself if I do.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/8 16:28:45 )
I went to the doctor on Monday I've been sick for a good two weeks with a cold, or sinuses something down those lines. Haven't been eating much other then fruits or soups, I been drinking tea, and water plus taking a boatload of meds. But I got weighed on Monday, I am down to 213lbs I walk and run up and down the steps at at my place more than a few time throughout the day. So I am bit happy for loosing the weight i had to walk and run home on Monday from my doctor's I had to pick up my med's i had a good walk and run home.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/9 08:29:44 )
Go Neko and Unicorn! \o/
You can do it!
I know that for me the hardest thing was motivation.
Then my blood exams came back and it was all terrifying. What convinced me was not the prospect of dying, but getting tied to a bed after a stroke or something like that. I can't do that to my parents, so that made me rethink my whole eating habits, and lose some weight in the process.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/11/9 08:52:05 )

@Neko: To be honest I can't really relate to you because I am 90 lbs-15 yrs old. Not sure if that is too much or not. Most people my age are 110+, but I can say that you are doing an amazing job. Every step you make, you are getting closer to the amount of weight you want to be. You are trying, and that's all that matters. Keep up the amazing work! We all know you can do it~
On a side note, my mom is 43 (44 at the end of the month) and she is 95lbs. She always seems like she is bragging. That isn't right. Being that age and 95 lbs...heck no. She is literally only 5 lbs more than I am. I actually need to check how much I weigh now. Will have to wait til i go to the doctors someday. Idk when.
Also, I haven't been drinking much of anything lately. Maybe a cup of water a day (sometimes nothing). There was one time when I almost passed out (Friday) and tried to act like nothing happened. I was just shaking so much and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was crying too, idk why. I try not to eat much which is why I don't really eat snacks anymore. I'm trying to keep my weight low just not too low.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/14 02:43:24 )

@RainbowPanda: It's not so much about the number on the scale, it's about how healthy you eat at your age. Eating food throughout the day is important. Don't starve yourself for a number, it's not healthy. Just eat a bit more fruits and Veggies and a little less processed food.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/15 04:18:52 )
so long as your healthy who cares what size you are, your beautiful no matter what :) be happy to be you, i'm overweight but im also getting married next year, i have no intention losing weight.. i'm proud to be a big girl (19stone), i respect my body and my man loves me for who i am, my friends love me because i love myself.... you need to learn to love yourself :)

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/15 04:54:06 )
Being overweight is generally unhealthy though...

Just went to the gym and gosh my lungs hurt so bad when I ran. At one point I could run/walk 5 miles no problem, but I could only do 1 today. The cold weather probably doesn't help. >_>;

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/18 06:59:33 )
You're off to a good start. I hate exercising. I don't really do it now I just control what I eat. I've lost about 46 pounds. I didn't have to lose as much as you but I did it by changing the way I eat. I also was having health problems and it's seemed to have helped that out. I went from 187 lbs to 139. I'd like to lose down to 135 eventually.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 04:57:02 )
Working out is something I am generally unable to do. I have emphysema and one lung (please stop smoking cigarettes dear people) so I get tired very quickly.
My total weight loss for 2017 is 49 pounds. I am very happy with that. I am hoping to lose even more this year. I have mostly been changing my diet and cutting back portion sizes. I generally just eat multiple small meals throughout the day rather than eat 3 big meals. Usually for snacks I have fruit, a yogurt (but I have to take lactaid for that) or two handfuls of a more naughty snack like chips. I put my handfuls in a plastic sandwich baggie and put the bag of chips back. I know that if I don't do it this way, I will mindlessly eat most of the bag. Basically I have made smarter food selections and cut corners where I can.

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 04:59:16 )
actually that's really clever with the whole baggie so that you don't eat the whole bag of chips, because I do that too whenever I open one xD I was trying to work out over the break but I feel too emotionally drained to do it during school right now, but I do want to lose weight so I'm mostly eating less, especially cutting down on snacks.

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 07:57:34 )
@Peony: My girlfriend suggested that I try it. She's much more clever than I. School sucks the life right out of everyone, even the teachers. I used to be a teacher so I can attest. You should try eating several small meals rather than three large ones. It's what my son's dietician said. Of course, he has type 1 diabetes so his needs are different. I think it still is useful for others as well though.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 09:48:12 )
Dude, I'm at 165lbs and that amount of working out would kill me, too.
Once in a while I'll decide to work out and it'll last a week or two, and then I give up.
I dieted for almost a year and got down to 155 from 180, but now the junk food has a hold of me, again. D;

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 21:37:49 )
neko says;
Lol I'm so ashamed of this thread. I wish I never made it.

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/4 02:55:21 )
@Shamrock shamus: oh boy, and I'm thinking of becoming a teacher right after I graduate OTL I do remember while I was doing a short internship, the teachers there would tell me that snacks were very common while checking papers xD I'll have to be careful with that if I get accepted Q v Q

edit: oh no neko!! it ok, i think that the thread is also good for people to get together and talk about losing weight properly while not being ashamed for it c:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.