Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback There's so much white on the forums.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 20:46:21 )
It's sorta blinding to look at. IDK if this was implemented with the new layout design or if plans are being made to add a background to the forums, but I think it'd be a little easier on the eye if at the very least, the white spaces to the sides of the forums and threads (potentially also between posts within threads themselves) were either a solid colour, patterned or featuring artwork.

Edit: Just to add, my issue is not so much with the brightness as it is with the amount of white/one solid colour - like once you've scrolled down past the upper header, the forums and posts are incredibly plain to look at.

I also think it's kinda weird that you can see that bar beneath the avatars (and a little above/just below the username) still? The bar is clearly white, whilst the background is an off-white, and it looks pretty peculiar. I wouldn't mind seeing the entire avatar background completely white, as at least then there would be some distinction between the avatar and the rest of the thread.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 20:57:44 )
There is too much white on the sides of the page when you use it on desktop. (I can't see ads because of the TV head, so maybe ads are there?)
I don't mind too much the white under our forums, but it could be hard to look at, at the end of the day.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 21:05:06 )
If it were any other color, I think my eyes would still hurt :/

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 21:16:01 )
I typically adjust the brightness of my screens to be fairly low because I have sensitive eyes. So I've never had a problem with the white on here.

With my brightness down, it's a pleasing gray.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 21:33:32 )

i have my brightness down most of the time.
it does help :<
but i agree some other color...a slightly darker gray or something may help?

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 21:50:40 )
I think its less the brightness I have an issue with, but rather the large block of the same colour. It'd be nice to have some other colours to break up the huge spaces of white.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 21:52:09 )
i don't have that problem but i think it could look awesome with some kind of background.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 22:05:19 )
Maybe we could have a grey background pattern?

Donator — Lewd <3 Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/20 22:06:24 )
Ooo, maybe a night life toggle that switches the cityscape to the old one and darkens the background! '3'

23 ♥ Female ♥ Pansexual ♥ Single
I am, to put it mildly, an incorrigible pervert. If I make you uncomfortable, please let me know.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 00:13:24 )
Oh I would love a dark mode!
Also what about a season mode? So you can have the header/layout be fall, winter, spring, summer or just whatever the default is for the site.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 00:21:21 )

Dark mode would actually be a great idea. Or as others have suggested, some kind of pattern / darker grey behind the forums. It is indeed kind of painful and I'm not necessarily going to adjust the settings on my laptop for one site, I'm sorry. xD

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:32:18 )
I also support a dark layout, which can be in conjunction with the spooky layout or just a layout on its own. I use fl.ux on my desktop to make the screen look warmer and less blinding to the eyes, so I never really had a problem with the white, but I also wouldn’t mind to see some more colour if they complement each other c:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.