Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Having a heck of a Time

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/1 02:00:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Just a bit of a rant because I am just not having a great time these days lol.
So, past two weeks my laptop has been deciding to somewhat kick the bucket. Blue screen of death happens so frequently. And restarting the laptop is just as much work as it just restarts incorrectly several times in a row.
Which does make it quite difficult to do art as I do art for my job.

Though with the laptop acting up, I figured there has to be some kind of art or even data entry job I can do and just use the backup laptop I have.
Well..now that one is blue screening too.

Art is my whole life so I am not having a great time honestly, having to really be careful with my laptops now until I am able to afford a new one somehow.
Everything is just kind of falling apart for me. u. u

Artist Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/1 13:58:57 )
@MoodyB: omg I'm so sorry you're going thru that right now D; what a crappy way to start of the new year ;3; I haven't had the dreaded blue screen of death but I have had to deal with a laptop that refused to work properly a lot of the time and I totally understand the frustration that brings. Especially when using it for art is such a big part of your life. Best wishes in being able to replace it as soon as you can

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/1 21:19:37 )
Oh no, BSODs are always scary and awful.

I do tech support and would love to help if I can - have you been able to capture what the error on the blue screen says?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/2 04:17:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ruby: it is rough. the good news is the new one will be x2 as better. Thank you.
for now I'm looking for any job I can do remote and hope I get hired lol. hard to weed through the scams tho.

@alchemists fire: it usually just says an error occurred. though my dad and sis had the same model of Asus laptop and it died from the blue screen of death so not sure if that means this model is just...bad. lolol.

Artist Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/2 05:17:17 )
@MoodyB: Whoo 2x faster!!! That's what I was able to do, fortunately. This is the nicest/most expensive laptop I've owned haha but it's been a blessing to have. I don't know a whole lot about computers, I just want it to work and work fast xD What are you looking to get?
Good luck to you on the job front! Data entry would be the way I'd go if needed. Something that doesn't deal with too many people and that I don't have to leave the house for lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/2 16:28:26 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ruby: I'm getting a gaming laptop and it is expensive but she a beaut! I do editing of videos, streaming, games and I do also want to stream games so I may be getting 64 to ram which I know isn't needed, but I don't want to need to replace a laptop for a long while

it's an MSI gaming laptop too. and has 2tb space. it's..technically 2k....but in my defense...it has everything...

yeah just so hard when I'm scared of phone calls. tho I'm struggling to not find scam jobs. I want to open my sticker shop too as a passive income so it could help when I don't get commissioned.

Artist Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/2 19:36:07 )
@MoodyB: oh sweet! I got a gaming laptop too! :D which has been fun, I couldn’t play PC games and now I’m so into sims its crazy lol its nice to have something to help with stress tho.

Oof I feel you there. I don’t usually have a problem (well, not a huge problem lol) talking to people that I know on the phone. But trying to be on the phone with anyone else and I legit can’t talk. They call that selective mutism but I don’t like that term because I’m not choosing to not be able to talk lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/3 00:25:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ruby: Yess I can barely play sims on my laptop. I want to play it so so bad. I love building houses. Plus my characters are chaotic.

for me I just hate talking on video calls, phones. all of it lol. I also just don't know what to expect as I've just done freelance work but even that work has been so hard to come by. if I could I'd live off my art lolol.

Artist Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/3 01:00:59 )
@MoodyB: yesss!!! I primarily build but I do enjoy actually playing more and more lol I started in march 2022 and I have over 1500 hours currently xD mostly from building lol

Yeah it’d be nice to have a minimal social interaction job that was predictable. Dream job atmosphere lol
Hey it can happen! Never say never right? Haha
I hope someday you’re able to live that dream <3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/3 01:53:56 )
@MoodyB: Oh dear, not a very helpful error message at all =(
Yikes, 2 more of the same model with the same issue? Were they all bought around the same time? Could be a batch of lemons =(

I had good luck with my ASUS laptop, it lasted pretty close to 10 years, I even upgraded I from Windows 8 to 8.1 to Windows 10! But it's a little too slow foe what I need now =(
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/3 02:44:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Ruby: yesss. i made a house perfect for the new pack for rent. Which i was gonna get until my laptop malfunctioned XDD
I think I roughly have maybe 1100 hours played. Solely building. But I did make some fun characters like my twitch mascots as I stream art. Or used to. lol.
But I have so many houses. I was tempted to put them on the gallery since idk when i'll get the job and afford the laptop. XD
Hoping soon ish.

Yeah that's basically what I am looking for. I did find a potential one so im hoping I can apply to it tonight.
Yeah. This year I want to build a much stronger portfolio for my work and to sell stickers. I have a sticker concept already in the works, so if it get's made I'll have to show you haha.

@alchemists fire: yeah we ordered 3 of them at the same time. I think either this is a bad batch or this model is just...BAD. XD It has so many issues. Including the colors are really bad on it. It was only meant to be temporary as it just has 4GB ram on it.
It has survived roughly 8 years so that's something lolol.

This one though doesn't work well for any of my work which is why i do plan to replace it.

Yeah the message is super unclear and restarting it takes ages. It just restarts incorrectly repeatedly lolol.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.