Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Are you dealing with a natural disaster?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 01:39:54 )
Thankfully, no. Sometimes wildfires or flash floods can threaten the area wherein we live, but thankfully it's not very common; and this year particularly, the monsoon season felt pretty tame and short. There was one day where some roads were closed, and there were a few days when some roads further towards town were closed, but it only really happened once, it seems.

My heart goes out to everyone having to deal with the wildfires and tropical storms that are absolutely pummeling the US from each side. Poor Puerto Rico has been more or less wiped off the map. :C

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 01:41:22 )
@SnakeWeaver: Feels like a lot of bad stuff is like that.
Hrmm, well there could be some way to handle that though, like adding a higher tax on worms(LOL is there even a tax, I'm sorry I am so ignorant of other countries!) and giving incentive to the more native species... I don't know, putting any sort of ban or probation on such a peaceful pastime sounds like a lot of angry people... and if they aren't using any social networking, there's a lot of legwork to work on! Q__Q

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 01:45:18 )
@Mica: I don't think a higher tax on non native worms would help, maybe signs on bait shops? Give incentives to return unused bait instead of freeing the worms into the wild. People wont stop wanting the bigger worms, but maybe they could be convinced to not free those worms.

@Vii: I'm glad your area is relatively safe from natural disasters^^

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 01:48:31 )
@SnakeWeaver: Indeed, I'm quite thankful as well! It can be deadly hot in the summer but you've just got to be smart to cope. I grew up in an area where tornadoes were fairly common and was always very scared of them but thankfully never experienced one.

We are pretty close to the largest Air Force Base in the USA, though, so if someone were to decide to drop a bomb, we'd be screwed. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 01:56:38 )
@SnakeWeaver: Yeah there are a lot of people here not wearing one but they really should.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 02:31:24 )
@SnakeWeaver: Definitely signs! Yeah there isn't really a problem if they get used up since the fish will nom it anyways. How come you're so knowledgeable about this? O.O

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 02:33:51 )
@Mica: My mom was a hippy, I try to look into real information instead of trusting people's opinions, and I took a wildlife class when I was in highschool ^^

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 02:58:28 )
From early July to late September, we were dealing with massive fires, but we've had enough cold weather, snow and rain to get most, if not all, under control or out by now.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:04:46 )
@SnakeWeaver: Aaaahh.. I live SMACK DAB in the city so I never had that kind of environment. That's interesting though, I like the research approach when it comes to opinions and stuff. XD

Also, I lol'd SirLionel at your post. :vanora_xd:

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:15:07 )
@Kaderin Triste: I'm glad it's all under control in your area now^^

@Mica: I also prefer the research approach, facts can really put clarity where some arguments don't. If I wasn't that way, I'd likely be a lot more clueless about the fires~

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:17:08 )
@SnakeWeaver: Yeah, plus opinions and feelings get in the way of important stuff like this. >__<

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:23:08 )
@Mica: that's very true! A good example of that is gluten. There are so many convinced its terrible, unnatural, and bad for people. If they looked up facts on gluten, they would learn it's not unnatural in the least, it's one of the things in yeast, in a lot of wheats, but also in oats. While there are a rare few that can't eat gluten, most people who say it's bad for them, or that it's terrible are either self diagnosed, or don't understand the term and don't bother to look for reliable sources of information.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:40:48 )
@SnakeWeaver: Yeah! But diets, foods and nutrition is a really wide subject, like the mere word of gluten seems like a "bad" thing. With food is just, portions y'know? Little bit of everything! Like, carbohydrates aren't inherently bad, your brain needs them and etc but too much of it is obviously a no-no! Of course it varies between people and how their body is wired up... so it's really complicated but technically a simple concept if you break it down. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:47:29 )
@Mica: well, simple unless you have a more complicated system, but then it's time to see a dietitian~

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:49:02 )
@SnakeWeaver: Yeah, haha. I'm sorry I think we went super off topic! :vanora_sweat:
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 04:13:56 )
@Mica: oh my, we did! Sorry^^;
Free Tiny Pride Flags

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/16 00:22:27 )
@Totalanimefan: .....Huh, I'm right next to you, then. I'm right on the edge of Mtn View, Sunnyvale, and Los Altos.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.