Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops [CLOSED]

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:27:28 )
WE ARE CLOSED INDEFINITELY

Welcome to Whimsical Potatoes, an entirely virtual art (head straight down to the Fabricator Station) and doll shop. We run the gamut from specifically tailored artworks to limited runs that will be removed after the sell count or date has been reached. You can also build your own from available premade assets, arrange a payment plan (including pay-as-you-go), and customize any of these products. If you run a charity, please contact Whim about joining our partnership plan to give back to our beloved community.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:27:52 )
THE DOLL SHELF

Prefab dolls will go here! These have prices that may both differ amongst the dolls and be higher than using a base from the Build-A-Buddy Workshop, but are still customizable as desired (take it to the Tailoring Table for individual customization; I'll let you know if you can get what you want cheaper at the Build-A-Buddy Workshop). You don't have to customize these dolls! They're here because they're considered to be fully done as-is.
Each doll line will have a set number and time frame listed to go with it. Once the time limit has been reached, any remaining dolls in that line will be put in the Sales Bin with the default poses available at the Build-A-Buddy Workshop, but no longer be directly customizable. This doesn't mean I won't try my best to make a 'retired' doll again at the Fabricator Station, if you really want that one in a specific way currently unavailable, but I cannot and will not make any guarantees that it will be exactly like the one you have your eye on.

Caveats and Concerns:
At least 20%, rounded up, of the purchase--purchase can be more than one doll--must be in either store credit/volts. The rest can be paid via other means, open for discussion.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:36:38 )
The Build-A-Buddy Workshop

None of the dolls on the shelf speaking to you, and the Fabricator Station a bit pricier than you're willing to pay at the moment? We've got you covered! The Build-A-Buddy Workshop lets you pick what you want and build to your budget. You can also take what you've created and customize it further at the Tailoring Table.

Caveats and Concerns:
While you're certainly welcome to exceed it, there is a 1,000 volt minimum labor cost. You can, however, save remaining excess if you don't want the number of additions that would equal 1,000 volts as store credit towards anything else in the shop (we'll keep track of it for you in the Waiting Room).
You must pay at least 20% of the cost, rounded up, in volts, store credit, or some combination of the two. I need to pay my staff. But this is per order, not per doll, (in case you're making more than one). There is an exception for Charities, consult with Whim on that. The rest of the amount can be paid in another convenient way, such as with items or ohms or labor in the shop, etc; feel free to consult me.
Voltra items will always be available to use, but they might not be made yet (not in stock). If it's not in stock, it will cost a 100 volt import fee, but just the once. Each Voltra item pose is considered a separate item, but only if it has a separate shape, not if it merely moves to a different location (the same teacup in both hands, versus a teacup and a teapot). This means if you wanted to have one of the same teacup in either hand, it would be 110 volts, but if you wanted a teacup and a teapot, it would cost 200 volts (assuming neither item is in stock). Also, unlike a normal Voltra item, you can choose to stick this item anywhere on your avatar.

Step 1:
Select one of the bases below for 100 volts or use a prefabricated doll from the Doll Shelf. This will also count towards your minimum labor cost, so if it already costs more than 1,000 volts, you're covered.

Step 2:
Select the items you want to from the selection below, or go to the Tailoring Table to make a new one. I will always accept a request for Voltra items. However, even if it's a Voltra item, if I can't find it to see what it looks like, I can't make it. If you would be kind enough to direct me to where I can see it and its various poses (or at least the one you want), I'm happy enough with a link or a screenshot.

Step 3:
Select a free pose below or make one at the Tailoring Table for a small fee. Camera angles other than (as well as) the ones below are free, just give an example or a good description of what you want! This is also where you choose a lighting setup that you like. The presumption is that the example objects are in red, blue, green, and white, back row at full softness, second row at medium softness/hardness, third row at full hardness, and front row fully metallic.

Step 4:
Finish it up by selecting colors, patterns, and textures for all the items selected, if you want a different one than what it comes in.
All standard Voltra colors are considered to be in stock, and you can modify any customizable item to any of them for free. A standard Voltra color would be any of the colors you can find for the base in Vyctor's Mods. Any other solid color will only cost 10 volts, whether or not I've used it before, but you you need to provide me the hexcode if you want a specific shade. This cost covers its use throughout ONE doll and its accompanying accessories. Using the default color/pattern/texture the item comes in is not considered a modification, but those colors, patterns, and textures can't be used in the rest of the doll for free, unless they're Voltra colors. Colors, patterns, textures, and their respective prices are listed below.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:39:49 )
THE TAILORING TABLE

Like a doll, but want to tweak it just that little bit? This is the place for you! If something you want on a doll doesn't exist, but you want it to, this is where to make it. This includes lighting, stages, backgrounds, textures, special effects, or any other little detail that isn't listed as an option. Please note this is intended for editing existing works (if you're still building your doll at the Build-A-Buddy Workshop, you're using existing assets as a baseline, so it counts), not creating finished pieces from scratch. However, we do have a place for that at the Fabricator Station!

To create an asset, it costs 100 volts. It will only apply to one doll, then you'll need to make it again. If you want it to be a permanent addition to the shop , it costs 1,000 volts. This is useful if you see yourself using it for more than ten dolls. If you do decide to add it to the shop assets, I'll pay you 10 volts any time someone wants to use it on their doll. Please note that you'll have to tell me if you changed usernames so I can pay you properly. If you're using an alternate account, both the account that made the asset and the account you want to transfer it to need to message me. This also applies to any transfer of store credit or dolls.

Caveats and Concerns:
If you give me your own image, I will not charge you extra to apply it. It'll be the base fee of 10 volts. It will still cost 1,000 volts if you want to add it to the store assets for other people to use.
Any items found on Voltra are considered items, even if they aren't a tangible object; you will never be charged 1,000 volts for putting it in the shop, as I plan to put all Voltra items in there eventually. In this case, the 100 volts is just to make it jump the queue. Variations on Voltra items can be considered, if you're not using a standard Voltra color for it, or otherwise edit it in some way (like give a sheep fangs or something).

Examples
Style examples:
cel (sharp) shading, flat colors (no shading), duotone (any two colors sharply divided into light and shadow; no mid tones), lineart, colored lineart, lines and flat colors (no shading), crosshatching, stippling (you can stipple any one shape, doesn't have to be a dot or square)
Pattern examples:
flat non-repeating image (could double as an item, but fits more in here; if you're combining with an item, like a sticker or shirt, I won't charge you extra), galactic scene or other background image that has no direct interaction with another object, special gradients like a rainbow or swirly opalescence, repeating images like checkerboard
Texture examples:
any small detail that deforms the surface of the object like cracks or fuzz
Item examples:
any tangible object that has a physical interaction with another object or the environment, teacup, kettle, lightbulb, French fry, toy car, actual car
Stage examples:
The part of the background/foreground/midground that the doll actually interacts with, road, ground, grassy field, literal stage floor, wooden floor, rainbow bridge
Lighting examples:
colored lighting, patterned lighting (like shining through leaves), god rays, spotlight, other-number-than-3-point lighting
Special FX examples:
sparkles, glow, fireworks explosion, smoke, fog, sparks, particles, dust motes, lightning

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:40:02 )
THE FABRICATOR STATION

Not interested in playing with dolls, have a special doll in mind and don't want to fuss with the extra steps, or have a very specific scene in mind? I will do anything that doesn't violate the Voltra ToS. I do have to post it on this site to get it to you. While you still need to have 20% of the total price paid in volts or store credit, there is no minimum charge, and you can use a payment plan. The best general option for both parties is to pay per stage of development. Progression will be halted until the next stage is paid. This way, if something comes up, no one loses very much. I certainly understand an item coming into sudden and limited availability, and wanting to buy it, or falling out of love with a scene halfway through its commission. There are absolutely no hard feelings on my part for canceling an order. I will never cancel on you for anything short of physical/mental illness, tool loss, or lack of internet. Even then, it's more delayed than actually canceled, and I'll always pick it right back up again as soon as I can.
It can be a little harder to price specifically, but quotes are always free. I'd say a flat rate of 5,000 volts for a 1080px x 1080px is reasonable, and negotiation is always on the table. For example, if you want it much smaller, say a safe 200px siggie size, It's not going to cost as much, since you won't even see the tiny details.
For those wanting to build special dolls, there's an option to have that doll available on the shelf for whatever amount of time you want. You'll get 50% of any sales of that doll, and if you don't sell any, you'll get your volts back. If you decide to take the doll down before that time limit, you will not get the listing fee reimbursed. The listing fee is 10% of whatever it costs to make for one week, not counting the day it was put up, with the price up to but not exceeding what it cost you to make it. Voltra time will be used for the cut-off point. Alternately, we can negotiate for number of dolls with no listing fee, and they'll stay up until they sell. An example of a special doll would be a character from a comic book, like Nightwing, or your own original characters. Please note that dolls will never be larger than 300px, so they can be posted freely anywhere on the site, but artwork can be any requested size.
The main difference between a doll and an art piece is I'm usually editing premade assets for the dolls and doll environments, so it doesn't take as long. All art pieces are built up from scratch, so I can customize every part of it along the way---but that also adds a lot of time. I don't mind putting the time in, and I'll keep you up-to-date as to what I'm doing, and if I get stuck on something so we can renegotiate.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 04:41:14 )
THE SALES BIN

With the exception of user-fabricated dolls, any leftover shelf dolls will wind up here at 80% discount until they sell. Note that if the doll line sold out, none will be placed here. The full amount must be paid in volts or store credit. This is already the minimum turnover. Items in the Sales Bin are not eligible for bases or tailoring, but can be referred to to make another one as close to it as possible.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 17:50:59 )
A Friend In Deed Parntership Program

{A} Description and Navigation
{B} Doll Shelf
{C} Build-A-Buddy Workshop
{D} Tailoring Table
{E} Fabricator Station
{F} Sales Bin
{G} Friends In Deed Partnership Program

you are here
{H} Waiting Room

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 19:07:53 )
THE WAITING ROOM

All information regarding sales and customer information will go here. For example, any pending trades, store credit, whether you want to be pinged, and the final product to be picked up.

@Alexia:

you are here

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 19:09:25 )
Now open for commentary, but not open for business.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 04:44:04 )
@Alexia:

I'm really happy to hear that!

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 04:56:37 )
@Alexia:

I hope you still thinks so when we're open.

...Did Voltra just change all the avatars to the left?

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:04:53 )
@Alexia:

Hmmm, it's not doing it, now, but it was for a hot second. How odd.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:09:30 )
@Alexia:

I personally prefer it on the right.

...Does this make me a petato?

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:15:43 )
@Alexia:

The.... what?

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:24:06 )
@Alexia:

No no, I understood that part. What do you mean they start on the left? Where on your face are your eyes located??

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:26:53 )
@Alexia:

Are you hiding them under your hair on your left shoulder?

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:34:39 )
@Alexia:

Don't be shy. I don't have toes. Quite the predicament where one fits in the food chain, that.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 05:42:45 )
@Alexia:

...I'm almost certain that sheep don't generally come in pink and also have eyes, as well.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 06:00:09 )
@Alexia:

...Uh. I'll take your word on that.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 06:39:45 )
@Alexia:
Yes~

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.