Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Greetings And Salutations

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:01:31 )
This looks like it could be fun. I'm interested in playing here.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:14:28 )
@Spuddy: Hi, welcome to voltra :)

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:26:57 )
@whim:

Thank you! It looks like it's going to be fun. I wish there was a way to make it so the puzzles don't flash every time you pick up a piece, though... :c

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:36:00 )
@Spuddy: You're welcome, it's a nice little community!

Oh there is! At the top right hand corner, there's a setting button that will change your background and the flashing. Sadly you have to change it every time you want to play jigsaw.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:38:54 )
@Whim:

I am 100% okay with having to change it every time, as long as it's an option! I need to make enough gold to put together a body and outfit I'm okay to be seen in.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 19:45:33 )
@Spuddy: Understandable :)

Good luck and I'm sure you'll come up with something awesome! This site has some nice items and more to come.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 20:17:40 )
@Whim:

I can see that! It's all very exciting~

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 20:39:40 )
@whim:

Is there a way to change the layering of items? Some of the hair choices don't pair will with ears. Do I just need to live with it and pick an alternate combination?

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 20:43:10 )
@Spuddy: Sadly no. I have all the ears in the shop and sometimes they don't like the hairs I use so I usually change the hairstyle to fix that. I wish there was a layering button in our inventory.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 20:46:03 )
@Whim:

Well, darn. That's good to know from the beginning, though. I'm close to getting my body finished, and after that comes clothes! O vO;;;

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 20:49:57 )
@Spuddy: Yeah, there's a bit of layering issues going on, but they do have a forum for layering issues and bugs .
Yayy!! Can't wait to see the outcome >u<

So, how did you find out about voltra??

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 20:53:22 )
@Whim:

I actually just Googles 'avatar forum site', and it was one of the options. I was first introduced to this sort of thing via Gaia Online, but it broke my heart too many times. A decade of distancing myself from the entire genre, and I'm ready to return and move on. I would love to make items for a site like this some day.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 21:03:08 )
@Spuddy:
Ooh, same here! I'm just now getting back into the forums as well. I forgot how fun it is to dress up, lol!
The last websites I was on were Ernya and Syndrone back in 2014. I would too, Pixeling does sound fun yet time consuming but the work is worth it.

It just seems like you can get to know people here because it's a smaller community, while on gaia it was just fast pace for me with a bunch of trollers back in 2009.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 21:32:21 )
@Whim:

I'm working on a way to convert from a 3D model to a 2D pixel image. I have some very promising results, and I think I can make it work even better here with the little shader balls they have. I will have to experiment more. Is there a place that shows all those shader balls a bit bigger, somewhere?

I didn't mind the pace. It was the half-baked implementation of promising features left laying around the place, and the absolute refusal to add anything to a gold shop. But all that is livable; what finally drove me away was the refusal to refund money that glitched up on their end and trying to give me premium cash, instead. I had to threaten legal action. I can't afford to pay 100 dollars when I only wanted to spend 10.

I do hear the original management is back, but I'm hesitant to return at this point.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 21:44:41 )
@Spuddy: Neat and honestly I'm not too sure myself. What program are you using?

Oh no! I really hope you get that solved, that's just wow. I'm sorry you had to go through that. You would think they'd be more helpful considering how long the site has been up. Hopefully original management will guide you through it all.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 21:49:21 )
@Whim:

Blender 3D! It's a free 3D modeling program. They're branching out into some 2D and hybrid support, but it's still primarily a 3D software. I want to use the normal information to remap a texture to whatever I make. The idea is if the shader ball looks stylized and 2D, the end result (with a bit of additional tweaking and mapping, but less than without that) will also look 2D.

Oh, no, this was years and years ago. It's all been handled. It never got to legal, they just refunded me and I never went back.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 21:58:26 )
@Spuddy:

Me and blender are like oil and water, haha! I'm mostly a graphic artist and I dabble in coding sometimes.
I used to mess around with blender and made some poses are my sims game and even tried to make hairs with it. They turned out okay, but just okay.
I posted on tumblr for help, but I'm there's a discord or forum. I wonder if anyone here knows.

It reminds me of rotoscoping. The end results look insane and all that hard work is paid off!

Oh good! Don't blame you for leaving.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/7 23:18:24 )
@Whim:

Blender's interface has changed drastically over the last few years to be far more user-friendly and intuitive. I'm always willing to give you a hand, if you have questions!

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 05:54:34 )
@Spuddy: That's so sweet, thank you!

Lovin' the avi, by the way

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 06:06:12 )
@Whim:

Thank you! I worked hard on it, and had a hand with achieving some of the items.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.