Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat bloop~ it's been a minute

Donator Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/8 03:08:21 )

hey friends! sorry i been lurking here and there but now imma try to log in more often i miss voltra~

Admin — He/Him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/8 03:29:14 )
@Bonnie: Hiya! So glad to see you around.

Donator — She, Her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/8 21:54:03 )
@Bonnie: Welcome back and awesome avi :)

Donator Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/9 04:43:51 )

@Whim: thank you~ how are you?
    @Sage: yeah, it's been months for me not quite a year but better late than never!
    @Vozzy: hello! the new items are cute as they always are!!! i can't wait for payday LOL
    @Alexia: hello~ very cute avatar that you have there!

Donator — She, Her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/9 07:51:42 )
@Bonnie: I'm wonderful, how about yourself?

Donator Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/9 19:44:53 )

@Sage: yes! all things considering. i am doing very well!
    @Alexia: thank you~ i like to play with colors here and there. i am trying to think of my next theme/color scheme
    @Whim: i am doing welll! it is a lazy sunday now that im awake and moving around

Admin — He/Him Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/9 20:00:31 )
@Bonnie: Yay! So glad to hear that about our items.
Can't wait for you to enjoy them and share your new look!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — She, Her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/9 23:43:28 )
@Bonnie: Nice! It's been raining all day, but it's so peaceful and I'm just enjoying time with my sister. Thinking about taking another nap haha!

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/14 14:03:42 )

@Bonnie: did I somehow miss this thread!? It’s good to see you back!!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 05:03:23 )

ooop. real life took me again

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/23 05:06:45 )

@Whim: you avatar is sooooo cute~
    @Vozzy: yes! time to play with them!
    @Alexia: we will seee!
    @Totalanimefan: long time no see friend

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/24 05:13:23 )
@Bonnie: Aw, thank you and I love yours too! Also how are you doing?

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Donator — She/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/07/25 18:05:17 )

@Bonnie: yeah long time no see! When was the last time we chatted. I can give you the life updates lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 03:31:43 )

@Totalanimefan: i have been sick friend~ yes give me the life updates!!!!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 03:32:09 )

@Whim: sorry i have been sick and trying to recover so it's been a minute. i'm doing well. still icky.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 04:05:41 )
@Bonnie:

Aw, that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you're not as icky as you were before (unless I misunderstood what you said completely, in which case, leave it at 'sorry to hear that'). What kind of icky, if you're not uncomfortable sharing?

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 04:09:22 )

@Spuddy: it's a really bad sinus infection! so headache and a lot of nasal drip so the top of my throat is like REALLY sore. i am trying to make rice porridge for the first time

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 04:35:42 )
@Bonnie:

You want to avoid any kind of dairy with a sinus infection (I don't know if you add milk to your porridge or not). That will make it thicker and more congested. Hot steam from cooking or a shower does help, though! If your throat's not too swollen, the hottest broths and liquids you can get down your throat will help. If you're comfortable with it, a hot damp towel over your eyes can help loosen it up, too. But I've found for a personal solution that the hottest pepper you can physically handle (basically stuff with capsaicin) will really get it flowing.

Over the counter, go for Mucinex DM. Specifically the DM stuff. My cousin gets really bad sinus infections all the time, sometimes to the point of getting ear aches, and this works for her.

I hope you feel better soon, and do let me know how that rice porridge turns out!

Donator Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 04:44:46 )

@Spuddy: no I did not add any dairy! I just did rice and water. then when it was done and while it was still hot and steamy I cracked an egg. i lightly seasoned it with everything bagel seasoning.

it was my first time making it. i sucked at it. i tried to use the rice cooker but ours is too small...so i had to transfer and move it to a small pot and finish simmering it. i just used too much water so it's watery but i didn't wanna keep it on the fire too long. i will continue to make it and learn the right ratio.

I've taken medicine! the last bit of Mucinex. I had so it is helping a lot! I will get some more from the store tomorrow. other than that, I've been drinking water and chamomile tea with honey.

bloop

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 05:05:57 )
@Bonnie:

I'm glad you're taking care of yourself!

I've found that the best way to do rice and porridge over the stove is to start with equal amounts of volume of each, and just keep adding water if it's not done when the liquid is at its optimal level.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.