Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Not What I Expected to See Today...

Donator — she/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/7 02:27:13 )

I work at a university, and this morning when a student came by to borrow my stapler, I opened my drawer to find this:

I shut my drawer so fast while she was distracted, then lied to her saying that I misplaced my stapler and that she'd have to go down the hall to borrow my coworker's. @---@;; You guys, the roach looked so perfect that at first I thought it was a toy that someone placed there to prank me, but once I saw its antenna twitch, I damn near freaked out (however, I somehow managed to keep my composure while the student was there). After she left, I tried to carefully get rid of it on my own, but I accidentally scared it and it scurried off into the depths behind the drawer. At that point I actually freaked out and ended up moving to one of the empty desks down the hall. An hour before I left work, I went back to my desk because an exterminator came to inspect, spray, and leave a trap, and before he left, he found and killed the roach. I felt bad for it. I have no idea where it came from or how it got into my drawer of all places. @---@;; I didn't have any food in there and there are no drains near me. Maybe it came through a vent? I'll probably go to work a bit early tomorrow to throw away some things and spray/ disinfect the drawers, my drawer items, and my entire work area. I'm so paranoid that I'll see another one.

Has anyone encountered any random critters lately or have any similar occurrences like this? please no spider pics ;___;

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/11 02:54:46 )
Large roaches make me behave like you just did--freak out and go in the other room until I know it's dead. I personally couldn't keep my composure like you did, so kudos to you! I have too many childhood memories of them crawling up my legs, and even though I know they're mostly harmless, they still freak me out. Some "native" Floridian woman tried telling me that roaches don't fly, and I didn't have the energy to argue that she was dead wrong. Maybe some species don't fly, but that's not true for all. Also, I can't stand the sound of one being squished. I freak the heck out, cover my ears, and do a dance as I hum to myself to block out the noise. I know that sounds childish, but I literally can't, and it gets me all sorts of anxious when I know it's coming.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/ze Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/11 03:15:07 )
I think we need to call an exterminator to this thread //roachroachroach//

I legit would lose my mind if i ever encountered a roach MUCH less one tht big!! RIP

I've been dealing with a bunch of spiders in my new appt ;n; I've already killed so many w shoes and spider spray

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.