Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Saturday chat - offline now

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:24:14 )
@Totalanimefan: I do like it actually! I love just being able to pop my headphones in and zone out while I work. It's been almost five years since I started there.
He graduated right before the pandemic. That kind of threw a wrench into his plans. He did do a one year program with a state environmental group to get something on his resume though. I've mentioned that to him, but he claims he wasn't good at networking so he didn't make any connections at school. I'm sure if keeps applying places he'll find something. He had an interview a couple weeks ago, so he's starting to get calls at least.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:26:13 )

@iggy: It's always nice to have a job that you don't hate. I like my current job too. ^^

I think he's on the right track. It's really hard to get a job and the pandemic doesn't help either. I lost my job at the beginning of the pandemic, had a job for a little while, was let go again, and then decided to go back to school. It's all paid off for me now :)

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:30:21 )

@Alexia: Thank you! I really try to avoid them because it's awful!

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:36:10 )

@Alexia: Maybe you just ate too much? You won't notice until it's been like 2-3 hours.

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:40:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah he'll find something. He's super smart so I'm not worried, just have reassure him once in a while. :)
I'm so thankful I didn't lose my job in the pando. They furloughed and let go of A LOT of employees, but I was one of the lucky ones that got to stay. I don't think I'd find another full-time job as good as this one in my area.

But I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end! That's always the best!

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:46:59 )

@Alexia: That's probably it. I think that you would know if you had what I have, so don't worry! Enjoy your foods with onions lol. What's for dinner?

@iggy: Job hunting is so stressful. I was trying so hard to find a job after I finished school. I was looking for hours a day and it took me months. I cried a few times out of sadness and frustration. It's horrible to be told 'no' a million times over.
I'm glad that you got to stay. It seems that they like your work :)

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/2 00:08:26 )

@Alexia: I'll pass on that one lol

I think I'm going to make breakfast sausages with fries and eggs, maybe also toast?

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/2 00:16:02 )

@Alexia: I meant it's Saturday night! Gotta live a little XD

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/2 00:22:23 )

@Alexia: I haven't been able to eat a whole box by myself since I was a teenager. Good for you. I always want to eat more, but I have IBS too. So I can't eat that much in one sitting. But if you gave me like 4 hours, it would be done haha. I eat a lot in one day, but just not at once lol

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/2 01:19:24 )

@Alexia: What meds help? I would like to know this haha

I'm sorry, that's really hard. I'm sure you have looked up tips on it and stuff. I've learned that even though it's hard to do, we shouldn't judge ourselves when it comes to food. It's just so hard not to, even I do it ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/2 02:19:49 )

@Alexia: Thanks. I will next time I'm at the Dr's office. I try to keep my IBS under control mostly by controlling what I eat, but I can still get flare ups. I had one this week actually.

Oh my gosh that's awful. I'm glad that you are better now but that all really sucks! I totally agree about getting vaxxed. I am, but I got covid from my in-laws and my husband and I were very, very sick even with the vax, and it took me a few months to recover. I'm ok now. That was in 2022.

I'm glad that you found someone that treats you well <33 Lots has happened. When Ernya shut down in 2015, I had just moved to CA. In 2020 during the pandemic my husband and I moved back to the east coast but not where I'm from (FL) instead to DC. We both really like it here. We love all the things there are to do here and it's pretty clean.

During the pandemic I lost my job, got another, lost it again cause of the pandemic and then decided to finish going back to school. So I did and finished Sept 2022. I got a job at the beginning of this year and I like it. My sister and her dog moved in with us recently. She had/has an abusive Ex, but she isn't anywhere near him anymore.

I didn't think that you were yelling. I know that you are very energetic when you type. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/2 03:26:18 )

I’m logging off for tonight. Good night all.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.