Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Saturday chat - offline now

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 19:26:19 )

What’s everyone up to?

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 19:28:50 )

Today I went to the farmers market a little later than normal cause my sister had to take the dog to the vet and it was freaking so hot outside! (And humid too). It was awful. It doesn’t help that today is day one of that time of the month for me either. It just made it feel extra crap.

I’m relaxing at home now. Recovering from before lol.

My sister and I have started packing the house cause we move in 3 weeks. It’s going to be here before we know it. I still have to tackle my closet. I’m going to keep my clothes but there is other stuff packed away that I might not keep.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 20:06:47 )

@kiwi: kiwi! -hugs-
Yeah I noticed how expensive it got. I did get my breakfast sandwich from there cause I can’t be without that once a week treat lol

I also got breakfast sausages, donuts, and some fruit!

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 20:30:13 )

@Alexia: That sounds really good! I love Mac and Cheese. For lunch I had some chicken salad.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 20:38:20 )

@Alexia: I can't eat onions, so you are free to keep those over there lol

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 21:00:26 )

@Alexia: They make me sick, it runs in my family.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 21:19:17 )

@Alexia: Yeah it's very rare but I have seen other people on the internet say the same thing.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 21:27:00 )

@Alexia: If I touch it, nothing. It's only if I eat it.

So if I eat onions my body cannot break it down but it tries to. It makes a lot of extra gas which is very, very painful. So much so that I look pregnant. Once my tummy is done trying to digest it, it goes through my intestines as very big pieces so I can still feel it as it goes through. Overall it's about 12-16 hours of a whole bunch of pain. So much so that I can't sleep and there isn't any medicine that can break it down for me.

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 21:44:40 )
I had off work today so I just vibed. Gonna' stream in a few hours, but as I was setting that up I suddenly remembered this site existed and popped in lol

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 21:55:10 )

@iggy: I'm glad you remembered us. It's been so long since we chatted. How have you been?

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:01:49 )
@Totalanimefan: I know! I've been so busy. Picked up a second job, my boyfriend moved in, two of my siblings moved out. Crazy past couple years tbh
How have you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:13:51 )

@iggy: Wow that's great news!
I went back to school and then finished last year, got a job at the beginning of the year, I like it and it's my first 'big girl' job out of college. I had other office jobs before that but pretty easy ones. This one was a lot of learning and training.
I'm moving his month to a condo that my husband and I are buying. :)

So like busy.

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:27:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Oooh nice congrats! I hope the home buying go smoothly! My friends who recently got married have been really struggling in their search for a home. Even apartments to just rent in our area are hard to come by.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:31:57 )

@iggy: Yeah rent has gone through the roof now too. Soon I won't be renting anymore (I'm in an apartment right now). I think that I will like the new place a lot but where I live right now is very convenient and where I'm moving to will be, but I haven't to wait for other stuff around the condo to come online. There is a new hospital with apartments and restaurants being built like 2 blocks away but I don't think it will be finished until 2024.

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:37:41 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I still live with my mom, but I'm hoping that once my boyfriend gets a full-time job we can move out. My apartment now is really conveniently located to, about a mile from my full-time job and fifteen minutes from my part-time job. There is an apartment complex being built down town though. I'm going to look into the price-point when it's finally up and running.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:45:13 )

@iggy: Wow that's great. I love a short commute. I don't think enough people realize how important that is!
I hope he's able to get a full time job soon. It can be hard. Some places don't want to hire full time.

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:49:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah when I was originally looking for a full-time job I didn't have a driver's license so I had to find a place within walking distance.
But yeah unfortunately he's struggling because he's looking for something in his field, marine biology. For me I just got lucky because I don't have a real degree in anything (two Associate's - Liberal Arts and Photography) and the job I landed only needed a high school diploma.

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 22:57:22 )

@iggy: walking to work is the best XD
I don't really care to drive so walking for me would be better. I work from home most of the time but when I do have to go in I take the train.

Maybe in the future, if you wanted you could aim for an office job? It's totally up to you but I didn't really care for working retail. I hope that he can find something soon. Maybe he needs to find something in a city? I don't know how close you are to one of those. Or somewhere near the ocean?

Donator — sheep Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:02:35 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't work retail or even with the public luckily. I have a mechanical parts assembly position in a factory setting. We live in NJ so we're already on the coast; it's just a matter of finding something he's qualified for and actually wants to do lol

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator — She/her Posted 10 months ago ( 2023/07/1 23:05:36 )

@iggy: Oh I see. Not a bad job. How do you like it?
NJ and Marine Biologist is making me think of the Seinfeld episode lol. When did he finish school? Maybe his university could help him find something?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.