Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How's 2023 treating you so far?

Donator — he/him Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 12:47:29 )
April's coming to an end; it's not exactly half way through but I feel like winter went by pretty quick.

How's the new year been for you so far? Good I hope.

Donator — he/him Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 12:49:17 )
Oops I just saw this thread already exists here

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 14:24:52 )

@Synth: I think your thread is valid. :)

I think mostly good. There have been some downsides but compared to 2020, 2021 and 2022 so far it's been great. XD I feel like those were so shitty that now I feel like I'm starting to come out of those time. Of course it's only been 4 months so who can really say. But I've been working hard. I started a new job in Jan that I like, I've been seeing a therapist again for a few months and it's really helped my mental health. I wish I could go back or be or strong as I was in 2019 but that was before all this shit -gestures broadly-

Donator — he/him Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 17:37:14 )
@Totalanimefan: That's good to hear!

My life also took a rough turn around 2020. It was a real struggle. I started a new job in October and am just now feeling financially stable again so it's nice things are looking up (or at least more up than they have been the last few years).

Donator — he/him Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 17:39:07 )
Totalanimefan:

I wish I could go back or be or strong as I was in 2019 but that was before all this shit -gestures broadly-

I meant to add: I think a lot of people feel that way. Times have been tough and it looks like there may be more tough times ahead, but people are bouncing back where they can I think.
ping me for best results

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/04/28 17:53:28 )

@Synth: That's great news. I hope this new job is treating you well. ^^
I do think a lot of people feel that way too. And I'm not trying to run and hide from what has happened in the last 3 years it's more I wish I was as good mentally as I was back then. I do think a lot of people want to act like 2020-2022 didn't happen, but I don't think that's a healthy way to look at it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/19 18:44:03 )
Uhhhm, well, it's not been great but it's not the worst it could be?
House got plagued with the infamous virus. We're all recovering though without too much issue.
Fam is now even more paranoid about the virus now, so I'll likely be forced to be on house arrest until we get the latest booster.
That's most of the negative.

Here's some positive though! I've been planning my honeymoon, which my family is supporting full throttle. Me and my husband plan in the next year or year after to go to Japan for two weeks. It's been awesome looking up and exploring the many places to go see. Kyoto is a main interest, Nara being a close second.

Voltie — He/They Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/20 14:37:06 )
It's actually been pretty decent! Definitely better than last year, which is probably one of the worst years I've had lol.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/20 22:49:52 )
2023 has been rough up to this point. I feel like 2023 and I are battling with each other

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/20 22:53:02 )
@farrenlock: Congrats, on your marriage and get well soon
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Voltie — Moody Posted 11 months ago ( 2023/05/23 01:05:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

it's been a bit bumpy for the most part. but i'm slowly feeling like it's treating me a little better.
And I've lost some weight/building my strength up more
so I am at least proud of that so far.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.