Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Town of Everlasting Rain - Casual RP - OOC Thread

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:55:17 )

Take a Seat
Welcome to the OOC thread for a casual RP titled "The Town of Everlasting Rain". It sounded cozy to me, and I wanted something cozy since I am craving a randomly drop-in and out group rp thread. Folks can swap and duel wield characters as they please along with participating as they please. Older story lines can be picked up on at a later date using the classic quote system, too!

The genre will be slice of life, light hearted, silly to wholesome, and other things along that train. Altho, we could plan some event week/ends here, where someone runs a spooky storyline, or a mystery for folks to try and solve. Those are just some examples, and it can be anything really.

The IC Thread is here!

Guidelines

• A scene will be considered active once at least 2 players have posted a post once every 48hrs.
  • If there is only 1 scene (1 player) active, the next player must join that scene. Once two posters are in one scene, a third player can join or create an alternate scene.
    Ex. Post A: This post shows Jane walking down the street towards her neighborhood park, a small place with a spinny thingy, tree, and a small pond.
    Post B: This one shows John at the park, who notices Jane walking up and waves. "The geese are angry!" he warns.
    Post C: This post explains Zip is at the cafe across the street from the park.

This allows player D to choose between the park or the cafe. If D chooses the park, then C can finish their drink and waddle over to the park to join in.
  • Event ideas should be proposed here so folks can decide who runs it, and keeps the event story moving along.
  • Check before creating and/or adding to a character's backstory (if they are not your own). I love to see lore blossom naturally, especially when it's collaborative. Just make sure you get permission.

Please note guidelines can be updated at any time.

Stuck?
Ask anything at all, and here's some storyline and character ideas! Feel free to do anything unlisted, too.

Storybook Moments

• Going to the library and picking out a book.
  • Detailed "what if" discussion with some friends over lunch.
  • Surprise! You get a random letter with a stranger's number. You text them, and they reply.

Necessary Townspeople

• Friendly Neighbor
  • Adorable Barista who Studies Archaeology
  • The Wild One

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 06:57:05 )

I'll create the IC thread sometime tomorrow, or Monday! I think my first character will be town mayor, or an old busybody who never minds their own bizzness.

Voltie — They/He Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 18:34:36 )

gonna just casually shove my boy in here

he happens to be an Archaeologist and Historian in a friend's machinima halloween special, so I thought he'd be a fit for the barista

https://toyhou.se/19938712.chase-hagame

I have more proper art of him somewhere that I'll upload at some point to the toyhouse i made him, but for now it's just screenshots and graphics from the machinima

Don\'t know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 20:22:11 )

MaxIsConfused:

gonna just casually shove my boy in here

he happens to be an Archaeologist and Historian in a friend's machinima halloween special, so I thought he'd be a fit for the barista

https://toyhou.se/19938712.chase-hagame

I have more proper art of him somewhere that I'll upload at some point to the toyhouse i made him, but for now it's just screenshots and graphics from the machinima

Perfection!! I love that he's a historian and archaeologist. Very adorable, too. I'll be sure to tag ya here when the IC thread is up. Currently working on it today.

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 03:18:43 )

@Maxisconfused: Got it set up! Let me know if you want me to change the premise at all.

Voltie — She/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/9 04:32:02 )

@Maxisconfused: Let me know if/when you want to explore the cave. I can work on my mystery game skills with it. If so, any input on what rewards Chase would like at the end?

Voltie — They/He Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/9 05:41:03 )

@Fellowsheep: Honestly, I'd be down to go explore after his shift is done! I didn't want to end it immediately with Della still being there, but unless you have other ideas, I'm good to go.

rewards-wise, i dunno. Chase just likes to learn and explore, and solving mysteries appeals to that on its own. Just knowing whether the creature is real and/or alive would 100% be enough for him.

Don\'t know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.