Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates Update to our Last Update: Legacies (coming very soon...)!

Admin — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 01:50:37 )
Hey Volties,

I wanted to update you all on the Legacies release (see previous announcement here).

Without getting too technical, I wanted to share some of my obstacles while coding the legacy feature.
My attempts to write the code and implement it into the inventory has been a hit and miss. The action of opening the legacy container and selecting a Legacy works. The delivery of the selected legacy into the user inventory works. What I have not yet accomplished is the random chance of also receiving the legacy blueprint, but I think I can do this by further study of the crate model. Lastly, some of the interactive visuals (like highlighting the item of your choice when selected) are not applying properly / at all.

So, if I cannot get the functionality and visuals together by Friday, January 27th, I think the best route is to release the Legacies in shops separately from any feature until I can properly code one.

This means the Legacy Blueprint (which allows users to recreate the OG item with the crafting feature) will be purchasable in shops for a flat rate.

Any good news!?
What can we expect by the weekend?

Either way, if I can get the feature properly coded or not...

This weekend you can expect our first ever Legacy Items, the Alice Legacies!
The Alice Legacies will be a collection of 3 unique and fresh takes on the Alice set from 2017!
Each Legacy will have 3 recolors each!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 05:15:53 )

That seems frustrating. And it’s not like you can just ask the original developer. Have you tried asking someone at school you know is good with code in the language you are using? Maybe it’s a logic issue? I know very little about code but my husband works on it all day long. Sometimes you have to try and tackle the problem from a different angle.

Either way it I’ll be looking forward to the new feature!

Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 06:18:11 )

sounds neat,
despite the difficulties

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 13:02:59 )
Everything sounds awesome despite the few hiccups you have come across, looking forward to how it all turns out.
@Vozzy:
"I think the best route is to release the Legacies in shops separately from any feature until I can properly code one."
That sounds like it would be a good placeholder, initially, that is where I would go to check things (first time and future).

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 14:27:01 )
And this is why I hate coding and gave it up a long, long time ago.

@vozzy: The highlighting issue might be a conflict between style sheets or other definitions that you're using in your code, competing with other similar code on a different level (i.e. global versus local code/variables/styles; similarly named variables, a broken loop somewhere), or messing with a counter that is pushing it "off" from where you want it to appear. Similar things might be happening in your "random chance" code but I have no real way of knowing that. Check your spelling; check your spacing; check your punctuation in your code. Good luck

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 15:26:03 )
o0oooh I wanna see how the Alice recolor looks so bad.

wish I could help, but alas, I am.. like a grandma with computers. XD

Thank you for the update!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/26 20:31:58 )
    No sweat, take your time. We look forward to the fruits of your effort.

Donator — V.A.G Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/29 19:58:44 )
Can't wait to be able to get some recolors of one of my favourite older items! I'm happy to see they arent limited too, most sites would say "oh there is only going to be 500 available"

Admin — He/Him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 00:52:07 )
Wow, that weekend flew by!
I'm actively working on getting our Legacy items released for ya'll!

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 02:14:36 )
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/01/31 17:17:23 )

Thanks for the mini update. I keep checking to see if they are out lol.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 23:08:44 )
nice vozzy

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.