Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat THE SUN IS RED Y'ALL

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 02:25:32 )
There is a brush fire near where I work(I live in CA and it is currently HOT and WINDY X_x great combo), and because of the smoke the sun is literally bright red right now and you can look at it without it even hurting your eyes. Which I am sure is awful for my eyes buuuuut it looks too cool XD

~_( OwO )_/~

Also this because I think it's amazing:

Lithinel:
I'm sorry but my first thought when I saw the title was...

That's terrible about the fires though. Try to stay safe!

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 02:27:59 )
XD Don't go blind!

Wow though I hear the fires have been really bad over there.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 02:38:26 )
Yeah this is like the 3rd one this month in my county X__x

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 02:43:32 )
@Luffer Nutter: Wow, that's crazy. We don't get them out here in the Midwest, or at least, not like you do. We do get tornadoes though lol.

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 02:51:41 )
We had the red suns all summer here in Washington. xD Pretty cool looking.

But yeah, even if you look at it when it's red it's gonna damage your eyes. D: So don't do that.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 03:00:23 )
That sounds like a cool sight to see.
Hope you're safe with the fires. I see them on the news, it's so scary.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 03:16:21 )
Yeah, the sun was like that a lot in Montana too. Most of the summer in the west part of the state. Thankfully, I think most, if not all of the fires are under control or out now thanks to cooler weather, rain, and snow. Haven't checked recently. We even had ash falling where I live one night and several nights with blood red moons.
It's beautiful, but also a little sad. Hope they can get the fire there out quickly and with no injuries or deaths!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 05:54:10 )
Yeah I’m in the Bay Area and the air when I’m outside is burning my nose and bothering my eyes.

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 06:14:11 )
Jeez, that's horrible. At least the sun looks cool! Take that, solar eclipse!

The west has fires, the southeast has hurricanes, the midwest has tornadoes, the far north has blizzards... What natural disaster does the northeast have? Bears?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 06:29:17 )
Ahhh, I'm in LA currently and saw all the news channels were talking about fires in Anaheim x_x I live in CO currently and a few years ago my state was on fire and I choked on smoke every time I left my house.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 21:39:07 )

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:42:58 )
Lithinel:

@lithinel: oh. my. god. I didn't even think of this I love you XDDDD

@superbearwars: to me tornadoes are scarier! My house is in an urban area so it's pretty safe from the wildfires, but nowhere is safe from tornadoes O:

@Shark: I knooow but I couldn't resist, my eyes are already fucked up what's a little more? That's sound logic riiiight? ;;>.>

@lithium: twas cool to see but my house is in a densely populated area so I feel pretty safe thankfully :3

@kaderin triste: Yeah ash as falling on disneyland apparently XD The red moon was cool too and much safer to gaze upon

@totalanimefan: holy crap from this fire? I didn't know it could affect that far north! My friend from work had to go home because of his asthma >.<

@sasha: The northeast gets weakened hurricanes(not often but remeber sandy? >.<) and they get blizzardds too, and also hot summers, tbh they might have the worst of it XDD

@starbomb: oh yeah I am sure you could see the orange skies in LA, also love your username <33

---

Okay I think I got everyone!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:45:21 )
@Luffer Nutter: There are fires in North Bay as well, and they are worse than the ones down south. There is also about a dozen of them up here. I'm just south of the fires.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:56:08 )
@totalanimefan: dear lord have mercy is the entire damn state on fiire right now or what? XDD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 00:59:40 )
Omg that sounds scary, but visually awesome

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 01:01:41 )
@luffer nutter: One of my friends actually got a good picture of the moon and I made it the background on my phone.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 01:03:45 )
@kaderin triste: you know looking back my bestie has a new iphone with those super good cameras, next fire I'm gonna ask him to take pics cos my phone sucks butt XD

@sunny: accurate as fuck XDD

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 01:34:51 )
@Luffer Nutter: Where I live, the houses are all built to withstand tornadoes, and almost all of them have basements, which also help you stay safe. I guess it's a matter of being in an area that's prepared for the disasters that they have more often. :)
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Donator — ~love~ Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 01:40:18 )
Eek we've got so many fires lately but red sun is cool haha!! Be safe thoughhhh

awesome art by okios <33

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 01:47:27 )
@superbearwars: I saw the movie Twister one too many ties as a kid >.> Thankfully I haven't lived in cali for a really bad earthquake yet X.x

@cedes: IS THE WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY ON FIRE? XDD

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.