Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm tired today

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 18:49:23 )

Just been stressed lately. My job search is something I've been working so hard towards, and yet I don't have a job yet. I've heard so many nos. I work hard for each interview and during the job search too. I thought that 2 months after finishing I would have a job by now.

Also my dog just seems to be getting sicker and older. He has this wobble that the Vet can't seem to fix. He just has to have it. It's awful to see him not being able to walk. Luckily it's only about 5-10 mins a day. But it seems to be getting more common. It's horrible to see him like this but at the same time he seems to love the rest of his life.

I'm just tried and stressed and I feel guilty that I'm not doing enough.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 19:14:51 )
    :( it’s hard when we feel disheartened. There’s nothing anyone can say or do to make it better, really. You will get through this difficult time in your life. You’ll find the right job eventually, and it’ll be worth it!

I’m sorry about your dog, pets getting old just sucks :( it’s worse because they can’t really tell us exactly what’s wrong. It sounds like you are doing your best by him tho! My dog is getting old too, idk what I will do without him :(

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 19:35:43 )
I agree with sunny on this. It's not easy to handle rejection for something you feel would suit you well or that you could be a better asset to someone else's business and that the right job will come at the right time. As for your dog, I feel we all wish that pets could live forever and your dog I am sure appreciates everything you have been doing to try and help, you may feel like you are a failure, but that isn't the case.

As for a job, I am not sure if you have considered placing an AD online for people within your neighborhood that could use some help with things (such as letting their pets out while they're at work all day, or, picking up some groceries or even deliveries). That may help you get familiar with people you live near, or, even volunteer your time while waiting for a job to come up.

Hopeful it all works out for you in the end. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 20:07:35 )

@sunny: Thank you. I just applied for a job that is easier and less pay than what I used to do to help get me back in the workforce. I hope that I will like it. A recruiter is helping me out.
Thank you. It's really horrible to see him shake and fall over when he walks. I don't think that he's in any pain, but even so it's hard to see him like that. And when it gets like that he just wants to walk around instead of staying safe in his bed. It also looks like he's going to have a seizure at any moment, but I know it's a different thing. And I'm in this weird limbo right now where I know the end is coming soon, but also he's not there yet. It's hard to care for him like this. And he goes to the vet like every other month cause something pops up.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 20:13:09 )

@Lotus: Thank you. You can read the other updates I just posted above.
I was doing ok with the no's at first but now it's been months and I've been learning and prepping and updating resumes and it's just hard to get that 30th no. Last weeks interview I felt like was the straw that broke the camels back. I studied hard on what I should say and how I should answer resume questions but in the end they wanted someone who had done a government job before and I've only worked in the private sector. I thought that it was easy to get a government job? I thought that they would train you? I guess not.

Thanks. I thought about doing small jobs like that, but I my husband makes a lot of money at his job, so if I were to work just a little bit or at a retail job ALL of my pay would end up going to taxes. There was a year that I worked more part time than full time and the person at HR Block said that our bill was almost what I made that year and that included us paying during the year (with it taken out of paychecks). I could look into volunteering that I can do without a car.

Yeah it's sad with Pinto. I just hate that he seems to have every condition under the sun and he's on 3 different meds cause of it. He's 14. Which isn't young but normally his type lives to be at least 17. I feel like there is no way he lives through winter.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 21:06:49 )
    @Totalanimefan: I hope you will like it too! And if not, you can still keep looking for other jobs :) something perfect will come up, I think.

Poor pupper :( old age is hard. You know the end is coming but not when:( all you can do is love him while you can, and keep treating what you can. It must be expensive with vet bills, and a lot of stress:(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 21:16:12 )

@sunny: Thank you. I just feel like I don't have the energy to look anymore, but I know I have to. lol
I guess I can just take it one day at a time.
Yeah it's a lot of money and stress, but I can't just put him down yet. But I feel like it's looming over me.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 21:32:28 )
@Totalanimefan: I can see how that would be exhausting and the final straw and I hope something finds a way for you to do something you enjoy.

Regarding Pinto (precious name), that is rough. Maybe take this time as a moment to be with Pinto as much as you can. <3 T_T

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 22:45:41 )

@Lotus: Thanks and thanks for listening.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 23:45:31 )
@Totalanimefan: No problem, sorry I don't have much more advice to help with. T_T

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 23:50:45 )

@Lotus: It's ok. It's one of those things were there isn't really an answer or solution. That's what makes it hard.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/10/31 23:55:30 )
@Totalanimefan: That's true, only time can tell! Wishing you the best. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 00:03:17 )

@Lotus: Thanks~

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/10 20:27:13 )
@Totalanimefan: *offers big hugs*

I definitely know the feeling. I feel like both when I was applying for my very first job (before starting post-secondary) and after finishing post-sec and trying to apply for a job with my IT diploma I got so many NOs or never heard anything back after interviews. I hate interviews so much, I always feel like I fall short. I'm so lucky I got my current job, honestly >_<

But I know you can do it! You're clearly a hard worker and a fast learner, and any company would be lucky to have you! They just need to wake up and see it!

I'm sorry to hear about your doggie, it must be so hard watching a beloved pet aged. I can't deal with the idea of losing a pet I love like that, so it's plushies for me. Please give some extra love to your doggo for me ♥

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/10 20:50:05 )

@Alchemists Fire: Thanks. That's how I'm feeling. I'm trying to pick myself back up. I have a 1st round phone interview today.
Thank you for saying I'm a hard working and fast learner. Sometimes I don't see my good points or think that everyone is able to do the same so it's nothing special.

Thanks. He's not doing better. He might have a week or less left. We have been giving him a lot of attention this week.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/10 22:24:56 )
@Totalanimefan: I know exactly the feeling you mean. Ooh, phone interview. I remember doing one of those when I was trying to interview for Geek Squad ages ago. I hope it goes well!!

You're welcome ♥ I have a hard time seeing anything other than my flaws, so I have a super-hard time taking compliments or believing people if they mention my good points.

Oh no, poor doggo. Sucks that the vet can't do anything =(

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 00:20:54 )

@Alchemists Fire: I just finished it and I was nervous but I think that it went well. I feel like I didn't answer well the question of how you handle when there is lots on your plate at once XD

Yeah I know what you mean. So thanks again for saying it. You seem to always know what to say <3

I think he's too far gone for that. He's already on a lot of meds and in and out of the vet about once every other month.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 22:53:40 )
@Totalanimefan: I think the nerves are the worst part of interviews for me, and I always have that feeling like I never answer the questions right. At least I can pride myself on not being as awful at interviews as someone my dad interviewed ones... Dad would ask a question, and the person would respond but the answer would be to a totally different questions

You're welcome, I'm glad you feel that way ♥ I always try to help my friends and build them up when I can.

Poor doggo =( Do you have photos of him you could share, either here or on discord? Would love to give doggo some luffs
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/11 23:15:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

its very hard to find work. especially during a pandemic.
My dad hasn't been able to find work since covid began so all we are surviving on is social security and food stamps.
It's really hard to find work out there so it's not you and you aren't doing anything wrong.

If it weren't for my friends, i would still not be able to find any freelance gigs.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/13 20:29:30 )

@Alchemists Fire: OMG that's totally me. I always answer them the best I can but I never think that it's good enough and how do I sound like I know what I'm doing without sounding full of myself.

Here are some photo's of him.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.