Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Elle's Bird Cafe [Hangout]

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:37:59 )

Hello and welcome to my personal hang out! I'm sure you're wondering why I decided to call it Elle's Bird Cafe. Well, I'd be happy to explain. See, I love birds. Like, to the point where I'm kind of obsessed about them and even own several. So, I decided to make a bird themed hangout. I tacked on cafe cause it sounded cute. And that's... literally it.

Note: You don't need to talk about birds in this hangout. It is bird themed but not all conversation has to be bird related. Though I do welcome bird talk, especially about my own birds. Anyone is welcome to come and chat with me! :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:38:26 )

Hi there! I figured I would go ahead and tell everyone a little about myself. My name is Gabrielle but I usually go by Elle. I'm a thirty one female. I use she/her pronouns. I'm pansexual and greyace. I adore birds and even own 18 of them. I'm sure you're wondering why I have so many other than the fact that I'm obsessed with them, right? Well, that's because I also breed them! Right now I breed lovebirds and cockatiels. In the past, I used to also breed sun conures but I no longer have a breeding sun conure pair. Though, in the future, I would definitely love to be able to breed sun conures and other types of birds as well! Several of my birds were actually bred by me or at least bought out of nest and handfed.

I have five cockatiels, ten lovebirds, one parrotlet, one nanday conure, and two sun conures. I also have a non bird animal as well! Her name is Ember and she's a crested gecko. Aside from birds, I also enjoy video games, mythology, webcomics, books, anime/manga, and music! A few games I play are the Isle, the Pokemon franchise, Legend of Zelda franchise, Final Fantasy franchise, and several others! A few additional things for me that I would like you to know that although I try to be friendly and kind, I can also be shy and a bit antisocial at times. I suffer from depression, social anxiety, and I am autistic. I don't always understand certain social queues but I promise that I do my best. However, if I ever upset anyone, please let me know! I can't correct bad behavior if no one communicates with me about it. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:38:55 )

• Follow Voltra's Rules
  • No hate speech or bullying
  • No politics
  • If you have an issue with me or anyone else, take it to PMs
  • If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
  • HAVE FUN!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:39:10 )

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:39:17 )

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:39:25 )

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:39:33 )

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 16:56:00 )
Annnd we're open!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 17:31:23 )
    19 birds? That’s a lot of feathers! What are their names (if you feel like sharing all 19 lol)?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 18:22:47 )
sunny:
    19 birds? That’s a lot of feathers! What are their names (if you feel like sharing all 19 lol)?

Cockatiels: Memory, Celeste, Orion, Duplo, Lego
Conures: Sevi, Sammy, Kosmos
Lovebirds: Topaz, Nia, Helios, Selene, Lapis, Jasper, Perdiot, Malachite, Lemonade, Petrie
Parrotlet: Shiloh

They are my pride and joy haha but also a pain in the butt sometimes

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 18:44:55 )
    @Elle: those are cute names! I love how they are mysterious and elegant and then you have Duplo, Lego, and Lemonade lol.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/29 22:54:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Hello!
I too like birds.
Tho i do not know much about them but i really like crows. I think they are so pretty.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 00:22:56 )
sunny:
    @Elle: those are cute names! I love how they are mysterious and elegant and then you have Duplo, Lego, and Lemonade lol.

To be fair, I didn't name Duplo and Lego. Lego used to belong to a friend and he was named after Legolas. When the people who bought him got him from her got him a girlfriend, they thought he was named after legos so thus Duplo. Lemonade was named by a friend. xD I like to call her my forbidden lemon cause she's a little spicy sometimes.

MoodyB:
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Hello!
I too like birds.
Tho i do not know much about them but i really like crows. I think they are so pretty.

Crows are awesome! I also adore ravens. <3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 00:35:39 )
    @Elle: I love those name stories! I kept rats for years and years and came up with some funny name for them…. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 00:46:53 )
@sunny: xD Fun fact is that some of those lovebirds are related to each other. Topaz is the father of Petrie and Nia. Petrie and Lemonade are the parents of Jasper and Helios. I used to have Petrie and Nia's mother, Calypso, but she passed away a few years back. She was the first bird I ever handfed/raised and was my literal baby. She was a lutino lovebird! I also used to have two of her siblings but they passed as well. I had her parent as well but rehomed them.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 00:50:42 )
    @Elle: how sweet that you can trace their family tree like that, though I suppose you have to since you’re a breeder xD is it hard work, breeding birds?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 01:05:10 )
@sunny: I am trying to build down the line to honor Calypso's memory and cause it's interesting and fun. And it can be. I usually pull babies at three weeks from the nest box/parents so that I can feed them myself and socialize them. Then once they're weaned and ready to go, I have to find homes for them. It can be exhausting sometimes cause I'm more of a night owl and I have to try to switch schedules and be awake during the day and such to interact with them all day and feed them. But it's definitely fun and rewarding!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 13:12:58 )
    @Elle: oh wow it sounds like a lot of work, but rewarding work :) What is your favourite type of bird to work with?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 06:05:19 )
@sunny: Hmm... probably sun conures or lovebirds. I love cockatiels, don't get me wrong, but they can be annoying to handfeed sometimes and rather fragile compared to suns and lovebirds.
||

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 13:09:58 )
    @Elle: oh cute :3

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.