Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Elle's Bird Cafe [Hangout]

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 00:21:05 )
@sunny: I can't wait until I can get another sun pair and start breeding them again. I was so heartbroken and upset when my egg donor sold mine. It was such a stupid move. They were our best producing pair and made the most money. Plus they were mine and I was very attached to them. I still have one of their sons though. His name is Sammy. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 12:04:21 )
    @Elle: that’s so sad, I’m sorry. Why did they sell them? :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 15:35:05 )
@sunny: Because she spent her money on other things and needed money to pay our house note at the time. She could have easily sold her African Grey or Umbrella Cockatoo or found other ways to get the money but chose to sell my birds. She sold a bunch of my birds for the same reason several times. It wasn't fair that I had to suffer and lose my birds because she couldn't pay the bills that she irresponsibly used the money for on other things. She was terrible with money. She ended up just giving up on the house note in the end after moving to a different place and I wound up homeless until I stayed with a friend and got a new place. I am so glad that my babies and I are no longer involved with her and they are safe from her greedy paws.

Anyways, on to happier topics. Would you like to see a picture of my baby cockatiels that I pulled recently for handfeeding? :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 16:55:51 )

@Elle: Hi! I finally had the time to stop by here. I've been looking at this thread since the beginning haha.
So if it's a cafe? What are you serving? lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 17:41:18 )
    @Elle: oh I’m sorry about that :( it’ssad.
    I would love to see some photos!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 17:46:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Birds. Totally birds. XD

@sunny: Sure thing. Lemme upload. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 17:51:58 )
Here they are, in a bowl!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 17:53:49 )
    @Elle: ohmygoodness they are adorable 🥰 look at their sweet faces and their ruffled feathers! Thanks for sharing:) do they have names?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 18:30:41 )

@Elle: Oh thank you, and are you serving me those birds in a bowl lolol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 20:49:53 )
@sunny: No they don't. Because if I give them official names, I will form an attachment and want to keep them. XD These babies will be sold/rehomed once they are ready to leave for their new homes.

@Totalanimefan: of course! They are in a bowl, after all. bahaha. dino soup, anyone?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 21:04:23 )

@Elle: Oh no! They are too cute to eat.
What drinks can I expect at this cafe XD Will the birds serve it to me lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 21:53:54 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes! I'll put little aprons on them. And whatever kind of drinks you want. Probably a lot of fruity things. Birds love fruits. xD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 22:02:29 )
    @Elle: ohhh of course, it’sno good forming an attachment if you need to rehome them. How long until they are ready for their homes?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 22:08:36 )
@sunny: According to google, cockatiels take about 8 to 10 weeks to wean. They're three weeks with the youngest just now turning three weeks.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 22:23:48 )
    @Elle: oh so they still have a whole to go until they graduate. What kind of things do they eat? Seed or mealworms?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 23:15:32 )
@sunny: Seed, pellets (like bird pellets which are healthier than seed), fruit, and veggies :D And yes they do have quite a bit until they leave me.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 23:37:28 )
    @Elle: oh I didn’t know they could have fruit and veggies! What are some of their favourites?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/3 00:20:38 )
@sunny: Well there are a few they can't have. Like avocados are toxic to birds. But a lot of parrots seem to like berries and melons and leafy veggies. Some of my birds like just about anything I'm eating. Like corn, green beans, etc. If you look online, you can probably find a safe list of fruits and veggies for parrots. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/3 02:32:26 )

@Elle: I’m in luck because I love fruity drinks!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/3 04:09:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Do you like strawberry banana smoothies?
||

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.