Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Reintroducing Past Items: Questionnaire [Updated Aug 6th]

Admin — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 19:34:22 )
Such great ideas! I just want to thank all of you that have participated in this discussion thus far. My main concern was maintaining the value of the original items in fairness to those users who have supported us in the past, while also offering Voltra's item catalog to our new users.

Another factor is our communities fluctuating activity levels. Both sellers and buyers may find it difficult to make a transaction for an item they are in search of due to it's rarity and lack of other merchants active on the market place. So, by means not yet decided, reintroducing recolors with minimum opportunities at the originals seems to favor established and new users.

In addition, I've been pondering how we can offer the community more content that doesn't take a huge toll on our limited staff availability and power. I think recolors may be, if not, just as exciting as new items! It's actually pretty fun and neat on the artist side to play with different designs and colors. As it is, we cycle through a handful of the same color combos/patterns, but also have outliers for recolor options. New recolors would allow Voltra's catalog of items to be more compatible and open up more avenues for avatar creation for color/pattern matching.

Just so it's clear, we will still be introducing new items besides recolors. Whether or not we continue following our monthly release for crates (tri-monthly for orbs) I'm unsure of right now.

Please, keep the conversation going if you have further thoughts!

Maybe even drop a few items you'd like to see return.

No decision has been made on how past items will return yet, but from the majority of feedback, I'm happy to make the motion that we will move forward with plans to achieve this. Thanks again, Volties!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/6 21:31:58 )

There are so many items I'd love to get recolored. So I'll list some of my favorites:

• Love Senshi
      Angelic (the classic)
      Demonic (the classic)
      Yes, Dark Master
      Serene Royalty (oooh i need those wings in other color options~)
      The Bayou (red or sunset flower, please? <3)
      Frankie
      Alice
      Alicorn

bloop

Donator — UWU/ Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 08:15:04 )
rerelease old orb seems more fair than sell rare in separate.

while it give more profit too.

question tho:
will we have some official rig color combo names on some occurring rig item/crate ones?

im only asking the ones that are the are outside the common gradient palette.

ty again
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 15:36:21 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Here is my list of items I would love to see redone!

Crates:
Alice
Rainbow Mesh
Cheshire Cabaret
Ancient Splendor
Engile

Orbs:
Yes Dark Master
Cancer
Porcelain Doll
Soul Caster
Too Hot

I think for any of those that don't have the primary colors like black/white 100% that should be added. I think for patterns we can't go wrong with more galaxy patterns or even inverted.

Annd because I am personally a sucker for this color combo any green and black combos are always a+

...If you wanna keep your head

Admin — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 15:36:59 )
@Kairu: There will be some recolors & designs that users will recognize from special recolors in orbs, such as the galaxy skins. There will be new designs and patterns introduced as well. We will not be introducing any new colors outside of our current palette.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 16:19:28 )
In addition to the items already mentioned above, I'd like to suggest:
Corrupted Ichor
In Stitches
Krampus
Silent Night
Xogud Split
Beanie Doll
Capricorn
Lethal Dose
Year of the [insert animal] -- these were all so good

As for the release of these items, I feel if we're going the RIG route, then CIs should be with CIs, and orb items with orb items. I don't really care for having one orb with 5 different variations to win for the Capricorn, for example. If it's too much to stuff different orb items into one orb though, I'm fine with buying them separately as long as it's not a limited shelf quantity.

As for patterns and color schemes, I'm fine with just using color schemes that haven't been used on the originals, if I'm honest. But I would request to have at least 3 different tones released: for example, one warm color set, one cool color set, and one neutral color set. The Groom of Death is a perfect example of a CI that has a perfect balance of color options to choose from.

@KDA Drew: You're welcome! And I get what you're saying that deviating from certain recolor schemes can make items harder to use, but at the same time, staying with the old ones gets stale and makes it hard to use for those who don't care for that design niche (for me, I'll probably never or hardly use the rainbow or galaxy schemes). So very happy to have the occasional different patterns thrown in!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/7 18:51:34 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@KDA Drew:

I know black and lime has been used in some items already (like Berry Citrus/Nifty Nurse/Surgical Study) so more like that would be fantastic. Me personally, the crocodile shade is actually my favorite its just not used in too many items that I've noticed and when it is its paired with Bark

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/8 04:34:16 )
I don't know about the value stuff as I've been on and off the site so much, but a chance to get the originals and introducing recolours sounds lovely

I always love when things come out with like rainbow recolours because I have a long-standing dream from like 20 years of avatar sites to just drape my avatar in rainbowsss

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 16:19:43 )

What items would you be excited for a return?
What recolors or patterns would you like to see?
Any past crate and orb rare. Any item that is popular on Voltra.
As for recolors, I'm not really great with colors. But I do like Taffy/Ice(Or was it sky?)

If a RIG (Random Item Generator) format were in place, should item types be kept to their own or a combination? (IE. Crate RIG, Orb RIG, etc.)
This way makes the most sense to me. I think that it would help not make users so confused. We know that Alice was a past crate rare, so to put the recolor or the original in an orb now is kinda confusing. If we are only doing recolors and not the actual original item, we could have every other month be crate recolors instead of new crate items. And they should cost the same because they are only recolors.
Recolors should be the same as the normal crates and orbs cost. 250 and 150ohms. If you are going to release the original item in some way, the price should be increased. Numbers would matter on release style and how rare/how expensive the item is now.

On topic, but just another avenue to introducing new content:
With the reintroduction of an item, possibly expand the poses available?

I would have to say no? I feel that could really drive up the items demand.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — pancake Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/9 18:10:49 )
I love the idea of reintroducing older items.
But as someone who has found a site after older items have been released as recolors has made things feel a bit more overwhelming and given me a sense of doom, knowing how unattainable certain colorings are.

My favorite way to go about this sort of thing is every month introducing a different past item for 2x (or more) the currency they originally cost, along side the new monthly items.

As for the recolors the best thing I've seen is dyes or inks or something of that sort that can be used once at a time, that is it's own unique item, and can be used as many times as you like, on as many items, but only once at a time.
I'm sure that was confusing, but Idk how to explain it properly. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — V.A.G Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/12 14:32:29 )
As someone who has been here since the beginning, I think the best way to rerelease older rare items is to offer them ONLY in recolours. That way the originals still keep their value as rare, and those of us who spent our money then don't get undercut now.

Recolours allow the items to be circulated more freely while allowing the first "edition" to remain valuable. That said I am okay like another user stated to see A FEW offered as a very rare "win" from an orb or something as I know a lot of older users like myself are not active anymore :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.