Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I’m back from Otakon 2022!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 14:15:50 )

And I had a great time!
I got to see my friends and family I always see each year.
I went to a few panels, the gaming room, Dealers and Artists Alley.
My cousin and I also sang karaoke. :)
We had great food and saw lots of awesome cosplay.
It seems so boring to go back to real life.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 16:44:39 )
    I can only imagine after all that excitement, hahaha.
    Im pleased to hear you had a great time. Was there anything that stood out as particularly memorable to you from the different sections?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 17:54:30 )
    I’m glad you had a good time! It sounds like loads of fun :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/1 18:33:18 )

Yay! I'm glad that you were able to go! I cannot wait for another little trip I have planned in September to get away. It is a much needed little flight away for a few days~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 12:24:08 )
haha weeb
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 18:16:18 )
I think I'd love to go to Otakon someday~ * u*
Was at Anime North in Canada last month and I'd say it wasn't as enjoyable as I would have liked it to be but that was mainly because of the number of people there, time constraints and the way they handled getting into registration..

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/2 22:13:44 )

@Feral: Haha you know it!

@blue: It was very busy this year and they had a good mask+vaccine mandate. Those are the two things that made it the most different. Also having new people in our group. My sister brought her friends. Other than that, it was the good time we normally have where we go to the panels we want to see + good food + good friends and lots of looking around the dealers and artist's alley.

@sunny: I did! I've been going every year since 2010! It's the thing I look forward to the most all year. Even more than Christmas or my Bday.

@Bonnie: Thank you! I'm glad that I was able to go and have fun there too. Sept will be here before you know it! Where are you going?

@Hadsvich: Please come, we would love to have you! ^^
Oh that's not good. There was a bit line on Otakon to get in on the Saturday and that was a pain, but the rest of the weekend was perfect.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 15:07:41 )
    @Totalanimefan: I remember you talking about it in previous years! It’s great that you have it as a tradition:)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 17:14:10 )

@sunny: Yes! The only time I didn't go was 2020 because there was no Otakon 2020. Over the years different friends had come and gone to Otakon. I do miss when it was a really big group, but it's also nice to have it be more manageable. Plus next year we will have one of my friends who didn't get to come because of Rona, and another that isn't ready to get on plane flights, but I think next year he will be ok with it.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 21:07:38 )

@Totalanimefan: to florida for a short time. and then i'm going back to visit some friends. it will be so much fun!!

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/3 21:34:31 )

@Bonnie: OMG me too XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 16:00:13 )
That sounds so fun! <3 :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/4 17:19:43 )

@Koah: It was! I had a great time and it sucks that now I have to go back to rl lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.