Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Someone in my building is learning Japanese!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/26 15:36:26 )

I'm not sure if you all know this, but it was my major the first time I went to school (University level). My husband and I meet there and we still speak it.

Today I was walking the dog, and went to pick up the mail and while I was there my dog (Pinto) wanted to say hi to the person next to me. He was nice and then spoke Japanese to my dog. I replied in Japanese and he was so surprised! He didn't know what to say and then he told me he was learning Japanese with his wife and wondered if we could be friends. I said yes and gave him my number!

I'm so excited that I met another couple that seems to have the same interests as me and lives in the same building! It's so cool how things work out like that. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/26 16:51:44 )
    @Totalanimefan: that’s so cool! How nice for you and for them :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/26 17:20:18 )
That's so cool! I'm sure him and his wife will benefit from having a conversation partner who knows the language they're learning. ^^ It's much harder to learn a language when you don't, as I can say from personal experience. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/26 17:38:33 )

@sunny: Thanks! I think it's cool too. I'm about to having company over and then go to an anime con, so I'm pretty busy in the next week, but after I would like to start our friendship lol

@Starry: Yes it is really hard without someone to speak it with. But I guess in a way, that's how language goes right? It's meant to be spoken. What language were you trying to learn?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/27 17:18:09 )

oh that's so cute :'D
    you all can practice the language together

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.