Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I HATE the 4th of July.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 02:33:05 )

I swear this day is quickly becoming my least favorite day of the year at an alarming rate.

Like, the fireworks are bad enough (bright flashing and loud explosions do not get along with big autism brain)...
And now this damned country is stripping me of my rights, autonomy, and humanity. Do people really think I want to celebrate the country that is dehumanizing me more and more each and every day? The country where I have to worry about being possibly hate crimed or taken advantage of because of my minority status? The country in which I'm stuck in because of my financial status?

I didn't ask to be here. I don't like how I'm treated here. I am sure as HELL not going to celebrate this hellhole.

Don't know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 09:28:59 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

There is nothing to celebrate this year so I'm especially salty at the people celebrating(especially if they're cis white men)

Screw this holiday it's cancelled. >:C

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 12:51:28 )

@KittyBeary: my rage only grew with every explosion i heard istg

Go Here!

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 15:55:40 )
For real!

I swear they got louder and more aggressive with the fireworks this year. And for what? What are these people celebrating? I guess they aren't, and they're just having fun. But still.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 16:01:32 )

I didn't celebrate it this year. I feel the same. My rights were taken away and other rights are going to be taken away in the future if all this continues. (I really hope it doesn't, and I want my rights back)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/5 19:12:33 )

Oh I wanted to kill my neighbors.
        Who were setting off fireworks until 1am or later.
        Soooo glad you people think it's cool to celebrate the country who hasn't done a fucking thing for the vast majority of it's citizens except strip their rights away.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 06:03:16 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@MaxIsConfused: I knew if I listened to each explosion it wouldn't be good, so I did some self care and tuned them out.

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 16:08:50 )

@KittyBeary: I tried to tune them out but it was loud enough that the construction-grade noise cancelling muffs I have did basically nothing

Go Here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/6 23:39:09 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Where I live it was one of the first days in a while that we could have the windows open since it wasn't hot as balls out, and the entire day just smelled like fireworks. Second class citizens can't even have the benefit of fresh air, I guess.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/7 03:10:57 )
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

@MaxIsConfused: Ugh that sucks, the 4th is truly the worst holiday next to stupid columbus day(which is rightfully named Indigeneous Peoples' Day now thankfully)

I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.