Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 03:22:15 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I remember that site. It had cool art. I don’t know if those artists are here and I can’t can’t remember who all did the art for Syn.

We had a Halloween Event called Through the Looking Glass and it was really good! I loved seeing a new chapter to the story end day and the items were so good.

Did you claim your free item yet? It’s in the newest announcement.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 14:04:05 )
@Totalanimefan: That's something that's always on my mind honestly. I couldn't get enough of the color pallets and the use of pixels. It's heartbreaking how the site inevitably shut down.

I can't wait for any Halloween events aaaa. Oh, the lore is something I haven't touched upon yet. Does a new chapter come out with every event?

I did! It's the scenic I have equipped ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 18:20:09 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I know T-T Just like so many others in the past. Like Ernya and Solia (which was revamped, but pretty much dead). Voltra is doing well and we tend to have a community and staff that care about the site.

Not every event is this way, but normally there is a story and there is a new chapter of the story released daily with a new event item to go with it. For a little while we had events with games, but I think the person that programmed it got too busy because I haven't seen it in a few events. Like for the dating sim event (that was during the spring) there was a new person to date daily. And if you went on a successful date with them, you were given that day's event item for free.
Some events were story based but text. So we would read the new chapter of the story and then in the thread we had to figure out the mystery or get enough people to solve a puzzle. Pass event forum is here: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view/55
And a guide to our NPCs https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/11323

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 02:02:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I was never on Enya, but I was on Solia for a brief time. I didn't jive with the style of the avatars ^^;

A dating sim event sounds super fun! Sad I missed it. I can't imagine how much time and effort goes into being a part of them behind the scenes. Hopefully they'll come back to work on another again~

Thank you for the links, by the way! Very helpful. Can't wait to learn more about the site and its lore c:

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 02:56:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

hello and welcome to voltra!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 02:58:08 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I was only on Solia for about a year and then when I found Ernya I jumped to there and was there until it closed in 2015.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 03:02:03 )
@MoodyB: Thank you so much~

@Totalanimefan: What a shame. I really do hope the artists that helped with all these closed sites jump to other sites. So much talent there.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 05:58:05 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I wish. I learned throughout the years that people come and go when it comes to avatar sites. There are a ton of people that used to spend time on Gaia, or Ernya and then they left when they got older.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 17:45:30 )
@Totalanimefan: That makes sense though. People change, interests change, life happens. I personally would love to be a part of the art side of a site like this tbh. I know there was an announcement for artists recently- I just wish I had the time to dedicate to it. My life is all over the place right now ;;

I still go on Gaia to this day, first account was back in 2005 when I was 10 lol. Were you ever on there?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 17:59:59 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: Don't rush it, but just think about it. I think the deadline is the 28th, so you have time. I'm sure that you would be a great artist for Voltra. Do you have any prior experience with pixel art?

Yeah I was. I joined in early 2006. I just visit from time to time.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 18:06:30 )
@Totalanimefan: There's no way I'd be ready and have certain personal things in order by then unfortunately ^^; I have some prior experience in pixel art-not extensive though. I have many many years in digital and traditional art and I pick up mediums fairly quickly. Maybe some day.

Not me collecting the daily chance items literally every single day lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:02:16 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: Oh I see. Maybe you can dabble in it and then apply next time it's open (not that I know when that will be)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:17:13 )
-+-[🖤

@Totalanimefan: That's true, just gotta wait patiently I suppose.

🖤]-+-

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:20:51 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I would think there would always be room for another artist. Maybe in a few months they will open up the spots again. Do you have any examples of your art in general? If you like sharing it you could make a thread about in the Artist Galleries forum. ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:34:15 )
-+-[🖤

@Totalanimefan: I will definitely keep my eyes open for more application openings after a few months. it would look good on my resume and in my portfolio, haha.

That's a really good suggestion! My stuff is kinda all over the place aesthetic-wise, but I'm sure someone would enjoy seeing it ^^;

Love the new look btw~

🖤]-+-

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:40:35 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I'm sure your art is great. ^^ There are lots of people on here who draw or make art and I think they like seeing other people's as well.
Thank you! It's a saved outfit from when the maid/host spring event was on. I made this to go with the theme lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:48:26 )
-+-[🖤

@Totalanimefan: That's true, I'm just always hesitant because "level of skill" is subjective and nonlinear, so I get easily intimidated by those with more refined skills. But I will check out that forum 🖤 Do you dabble in art at all?

Colors are very nice and those things hanging from the ceiling are super cute too~ Can't wait for events, goodness.

🖤]-+-

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 01:06:24 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: I kinda did long ago, but I wasn't really improving even though I would draw a lot. And my brain was bad at thinking up things to draw, I felt like I could only copy. Then my tablet broke and I moved away to college and all that. I do like looking at people's art ^^

I'm exciting for the next event too, but I selfishly don't want it to happen this week because I'm moving lolol. Next week at the earliest please haha.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 01:36:20 )
-+-[🖤

@Totalanimefan: That's fair. Maybe you'll get back into it one day. Enjoying others' piecing is nice too though~

I thought I saw somewhere in the forums that you were moving lol. Is the move far? Are you excited? Fingers crossed the event is next week 🤞

🖤]-+-
🖤 she/her | blissfully taken | ping me for I am a forgetful creature 🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 01:57:00 )

@CyclonicMicroburst: Maybe. I like a lot of different things so I don't feel like I'm lacking for hobbies, but who knows what the future holds.
Yeah I made a thread about it. ^^ It's only 5 miles away and I am exciting. I'm moving out of my house and selling it. (It's not on the market yet) and I'm moving to an apartment for 6 months while a place that my husband and I bought is being built. That should be done in Oct or Nov. I'm moving back to an apartment building that I used to live in and I love it there. Both the location and the actual unit were great and I never had a problem with the staff.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.