Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I finished an essay!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/13 23:47:10 )

For school. I hadn't worked on my school work in a month with having so many people over to visit and then also getting Rona. I decided to tackle what I could yesterday and wrote half the essay! It took like 12 hours with breaks, nothing like my normal speed. And I told myself, if it's not good enough they will just tell me where I need to improve and I'll just improve those parts instead of trying to make it perfect with my post-Rona brain fog. 0/10 do not recommend.
Today I was able to finish it! I'm so happy. I submitted it and now I have the 2nd essay to work on.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 13:49:48 )
    Congrats!!! That is great progress :) I'm glad you are feeling better!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 15:28:21 )

@sunny: Thank you! I'm hoping that the brain fog is able to go away completely soon. I don't think I'm able to study for an exam because I'm very bad at recalling information atm. But before it's time for the exam, I have to write another essay.
And my student mentor said that if I'm not ready for an exam that I could move on to my next class that has essays and write both of them. That will give me more time to recover. (I am allowed to do more than one class at once, but I just normally focus on one at a time)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 16:25:56 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh that sounds like it will be better for you, and give you more time to recover off you delay your exam. I'm sure it's very stressful still tho ;( remember to take frequent breaks!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:10:16 )

@sunny: Yeah I agree. I am not good at recalling info right now. Its even bad when I try to recall info for an essay but I can take breaks as needed, and there is more than one way to go about it. For exams, there is only one right answer and it's timed. Not good for me atm.
Thank you. I did take some breaks today, but I haven't written very much lol. Just the beginning section really.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:11:41 )
    @Totalanimefan: at least you've started :) it's so shocking that Covid affects your mind like that, like it really affects your whole body :( it's scary!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:17:28 )

@sunny: Yes it really does.
My husband is worse, he has bad muscle pain in his arms, and horrible acid reflux that doesn't stop. He had it for 4 days straight all hours and it only stopped after medicine. But it's still not 100%. He doesn't have brain fog which is good.
We both don't have good lungs still. We have stairs in our house and we are out of breath after using them and we are both young and healthy people. We went to our version of Boots for the Rx from the Dr, and we had to walk soo slow and we were very tired after coming home.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:20:17 )
    @Totalanimefan: :( aw man that's terrible!!! I mean, at least you're getting better but still :o did the medicines from the dr help at all?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:23:36 )

@sunny: They are helping him, but also he had an allergic reaction to one of them, broke out in hives. So we had to get difference meds yesterday. The different ones he tried today seem to be working, but aren't as strong so he has some acid reflux.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/14 18:44:30 )
    @Totalanimefan: ohhh :( does Gaviscon work for him? I get bad acid reflux sometimes, and that's the only thing that helps :/

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 14:56:41 )

@sunny: What's the generic name for that? We don't have that name brand here. We tried Rennie and an American brand called MyLanta. Nothing worked. Had to get the real stuff from the Dr.
Sorry. I didn't reply yesterday. I was very busy.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 16:30:35 )
    @Totalanimefan: I have no idea lol and can't find any info online :o it's just a basic antacid, similar to Rennie.
    No worries, how are you feeling now?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 17:49:44 )

@sunny: Ah I see. Not even Rennie was working. We have some at home. We get it from England lol
Brain fog and tired a lot. This is the 2nd day in a row I let the dog outside to go pee and I forgot about him for like an hour. It's not too hot or anything and he likes it outside, I just feel horrible that I can somehow forget about him.
Good news, the essay came back graded yesterday and I passed!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/16 17:59:39 )
    @Totalanimefan: that is good news! I'm glad you still got a good result even if you weren't feeling your best :)
    Poor pup :( I'm sure your brain fog will get better soon, I hope!!! Covid is such a nasty illness, maybe you have long Covid? :O

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 20:41:20 )

@sunny: yeah Dr said we both have long Covid but it could go away. We will see.
I gotta work on my other essay more. Haven’t had the time.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 20:46:05 )
    @Totalanimefan: I really hope it improves for you both :( surely your school will be understanding if you take a little longer to do your essay, especially since you've been such a good student previously? :(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 20:49:08 )

@sunny: yes. I am very lucky that they are so understanding. I still hope to finish school by Sept 1st (the end of my current term).

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/17 20:54:04 )
    @Totalanimefan: that's really good going! You'll have done like a whole degree in like... A year? 18 months? That's super quick! What are you doing after the course ends?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 00:11:04 )

@sunny: one year and I had transfer credits. :) that’s how I was able to get so far so quickly.
After I’m going to try and get a job in a related field. I’m already on LinkedIn trying to keep everything updated. I think once I’m down to like one or two classes I might start applying.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/18 07:27:49 )

Am I crazy? Cos I kinda miss essay writing. XD
      I was so good at it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.