Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Another round of free at home tests for Americans

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/2 17:09:25 )

USPS is doing around round of 4 at home Covid tests delivered to you per address. You can sign up here:
https://special.usps.com/testkits?utm_source=id&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=covidtestkit

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/2 17:44:01 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I don't even know where i put my first four xD

Though I blame it on the fact that I had covid like two weeks before I had requested the test so it hasn't super been on my mind

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/2 21:04:28 )

I guess my address is valid when I ordered stamps from them but its invalid when I try to order these :vanora_xd:

(may try at home later, might be mobile glitch)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/2 23:05:00 )

@Spider: Haha it's ok. Misplacement happens. ^^

@koneko: Yeah and in the UK there is a spike cause they stopped mask wearing and other stuff. I hope you get the 2nd shot soon ^^

@Jolly: lol wow that government efficiency haha

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/2 23:44:47 )

Yeah it's all you can do. I think you have been good at being cautious too.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 14:56:20 )

Yay it worked when I did this at home
it just didnt like my phone haha

I've only had symptoms of covid one time, a couple months before the panic began. I thought it was a weird case of pneumonia where I couldn't smell or taste
Ever since, I've been exposed a TON of times, even making as much contact as to HUG people who were infected and ended up admitting it the very next day. Never had symptoms! I might be a dangerous type that dont know when I'm carrying it and when I'm not :''D Maybe at home tests will help with that

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 22:20:37 )

@Jolly: or maybe that was Rona, there are theories that it was in the country before March 2020. It was discovered in Nov 2019 in China. So depending on when you had it, it could have been it. And I heard that the vaccinate plus actually getting it is great for your immunity long term.
Good that you were able to get some more tests.

@Kory: Good that you were able to get some. I'm vaxxed but not boosted. Husband is boosted. He said that the side effects from the 3rd shot are pretty easy and not harsh like the 2nd shot.
We are both still mask wears. The only reason why we both have it now is there our company that came last week had stopped wearing them. ANYWAY, I will continue to wear a mask because it does work and it even works against the cold and the flu too. In Asia it's pretty commonplace to wear a mask whenever you feel under the weather.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 23:12:37 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah, it most likely was. I remember hearing about it in november and that it was quickly spreading in china. I was sick christmas week. I can hardly remember because I couldnt stay awake, but I was googling my symptoms (no doubt said I was dying lmfao). I just remember typing in things like, extreme fatigue, taste buds being weird, is it normal to lose smell with a cold or pneumonia. Wouldn't come up with anything useful, so I would fall back to sleep and try again later :vanora_xd: I did have a very specific cough, like fluid in my lungs.

I trapped myself in my room cause any time I got sick, I wouldn't want anything to spread to my family since they're like.. ALWAYS sick and immunocompromised. So thankfully none of them got sick off of me at that time.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/5 23:56:22 )

@Jolly: Lots of people in countries that weren't China said that they had a similar thing over Christmas. There weren't flight bans so it totally could have happened.
I'm not Dr, but that sounds like the first variant of Rona.

Good that you didn't give it to anyone. I'm in my home office and sleeping on the couch pull out (it's very comfy though). I go between my desk and my 'bed' but mostly I'm in bed because I don't even have the energy to sit in a chair.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/6 17:41:35 )

@Kory: I would ask your Dr. There is always a chance of getting long COVID, which I do not want. I don't think I can make the right choice on if you should get it or not.
Totally agree with you on that. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.