Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Spring Ahead (Turn Your Clocks!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 15:18:17 )
It's that time again... time to mess with ... well, time! XD

If you're in an area that still does this silly (imo) ritual, it's time to turn your clocks ahead one hour. Emergency services also suggest that you check your smoke alarms, etc., as well.

Happy Spring.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 18:03:15 )

@Wildfire: Happy (almost) Spring! It's snowing here and I'm not all about it lol
I am looking forward to those 7pm sunsets!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 18:26:42 )
@Totalanimefan: lol - oh, good luck with that snow thing! XD We had a storm front come through this morning... rain, of course... but it dropped temperatures noticeably and significantly in the hour or so that it was coming through. There's even a potential freeze warning in effect for tonight, with "Wind chills as low as 25 degrees expected." Ugh. But sunset here is already after 7pm. I feel for you, though - I remember those "4pm" sunsets and days when you never, ever, seem to see the sun. Your reprieve is on its way!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 19:01:04 )

My sleeping schedule boutta be screwed up for like a month. x.x

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 20:19:08 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah... I know the feeling. It's one reason why I think this whole "switch the clocks" thing is outdated and pointless - unless the goal is to screw everyone up for a couple of weeks, twice a year :/ Good luck :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 21:41:41 )

@Wildfire: Yeah this storm is really effecting everyone on the east coast. I saw that even the Carolinas got snow!
We had gale winds here too. I hope your garden will be ok.
I remember in England the sunsets would be at 3:45pm. Like what? And the sun wouldn’t even raise until 8:30. But not that it really mattered since it was ALWAYS cloudy.
Here it’s not as bad. Soonest sunset at 4:45 and latest sunrise is like 7:30am. Still nothing like what I was used to in FL.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/12 22:27:12 )

@Wildfire: That's def the goal. Just to screw with people.
      I think it's kind of pointless, too.
      Like... No one wants it to be dark as midnight at 5:30.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 14:35:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I have yet to check the garden - I didn't do anything to protect it other than to set up a windbreak around a couple of tropical plants and I put a towel over a cactus. I hope you're managing ok with the snow!!

@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, at this point, I think it's just to mess with people too. They did try to not do it several years ago and unfortunately (or so the story goes) a kid at a bus stop got hit by a car (or something), so they decided to keep it in place. The real question though is "would the kid have been hit by a car regardless of the time change?"

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 17:18:06 )
I totally forgot.
Thank you for the reminder!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 17:48:37 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, time change doesn't account for bad driving.
      Not sure how they made that connection there.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/13 18:37:52 )

@Wildfire: I made it through the storm lol
It's sunny here but also very windy and just above freezing. I'm not going out today if I can help it.

How does your body feel after the time change?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 15:36:25 )
@Koah: <3 Oh, you're welcome! The time change snuck up on me, so I figured somebody else would probably benefit from a reminder, so happy to help! :3

@Anarchist Beauty: Exactly... and yeah... I don't know how they got that conclusion either.

@Totalanimefan: Oh - congrats on getting through the storm. I hope you didn't have to go out in it!!
Eh... it's hard to tell how I'm feeling with the time change so far. Yesterday I spent the day on the couch, I didn't sleep well last night, and I had to get up extra early this morning (complicated by the time change), so I'm all kinds of sleep-weird right now. I should be fine in another day or two. How are you adjusting to the time change?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 18:17:46 )

@Wildfire: Thanks, I didn't have to, so that was good lol. But my downstairs in the house is soo cold. Even with the heating on. It's just not good insulation in this house.
Yeah there is no way to tell if you feel off cause of the time change, or cause of everything else. I tried to go to bed early cause I knew I had to wake up (early for me) and take the dog to the vet for X-rays. It was about 2 hours earlier then I was used to waking up + the time change. I couldn't fall asleep last night until 1am lol. It was a bad time. But I did get a nap from 9:30 to about 11am. So I feel a bit better but also I feel like I have no concept of time today.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 18:47:45 )
      @Wildfire: Saw a video where a dude said ice fishing would lead to prostitution, so clearly people just be connecting random crap together now.
      Like lego blocks with titles on em.
      Just reach your hand in, grab two, and connect em in anyway you can. lmao

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 22:43:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, hopefully this is the last of Winter's Fury and things will be warming up for you soon :3

@Anarchist Beauty: ArrroooOOoo?? /perplexed/ People are weird. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.