Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I started a new class today

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 23:29:23 )

I'm making my own business from scratch and I have to do everything for it. I have to be the accountant, HR, production mangagers, marketing, everything! It's a lot of fun that there is a class like this where it's almost like a game, but it's a lot of choices. Like how many products should I make? How many people should I hire? What kind of factory and where should I put it? How should I market the product, how much should I spend on marketing?

Anyway, the class is cool but I'm so drained from making a lot of small decisions.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 23:59:25 )

Business class made my brain do dialup noises

Mine wasn't as thorough as your's of course, it was a quick course geared toward massage therapy. But it brushed over everything vaguely.
I cannot deal with the business language though. If you're able to get through that, its really impressive to me

what kind of business are you going for?

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 00:29:43 )

@Jolly: Thank you. In the past I went to school for Japanese, so business seems much easier to me, but some classes are super hard and I hate that.
I'm doing business management. So just like general stuff.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 20:51:51 )
    I'm sure it varies quite wildly depending on the type of business you'll be running, too. It's really eye-opening how much goes into even the smallest business-related decisions. I've dealt with the formation of businesses, but not the day-to-day running.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/2 21:25:22 )

@blue: It's a lot for sure. It's 'only' 6 quarters and you are a start up. I find the hardest things for me are forecasting demand vs how much units I can make.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 01:10:40 )
    Figuring out what the people want and what they're willing to spend to get it is beyond my understanding.
    And thankfully, it will have nothing to do with me in the future if I can help it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/3 03:02:30 )

Yes I don't think that you will ever have to do that in rl lol
I'm hoping that I don't. I got pretty close the last two quarters in the simulation but also I wonder how much of it was getting lucky? XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.