Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Enamel Pin Shadow Box is finally here!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:28:10 )

Hi all, back again with another life update!

I ordered this Shadow Box for my enamel pins in early Jan from this Etsy Store

It came yesterday and then I spend an hour trying to figure out how I should arrange my pins. Here's what I came up with in the end. Any feedback is appreciated.

The sun was setting by the time I finished, sorry for the low light

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:44:02 )
It looks really good! I like your colour choice of white. They really pop out more, since I'm sure the black would kind of hide them a little.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:48:09 )
So cute <3

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:53:18 )
ohhh that's cool

I want one. :p

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 18:55:49 )

@Aisukohi: Thanks! That was one of the reasons why I choose white. ^^

@dolornymph: Thank you! ^^

@Shark: Well, I can't say it was cheap, but it's very nicely made and I would buy another one again. I think the reason why it's so much is because the shipping is 'free' but it's probably just included in the price.

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 19:01:49 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah it is a little pricy. I think if I had more pins, it would be a good idea. but I only have like a couple.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 19:14:25 )

@Shark: Yeah better to go with something like a banner maybe? They tend to be smaller and cheaper. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:23:24 )
I forget that Etsy is even a thing, but they do have some neat things on there. Might get my brothers some things from there since their birthdays are next month.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:48:01 )

@Aisukohi: Also a good option for gift giving. ^^ I've been really into local/small shops lately. I feel like maybe it's the pandemic. Like I want to feel a connection and support local or small creators instead of horrible big business that just cares about stockholders.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:50:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Right? Like, as convenient as Amazon can be, it doesn't sit well with me to buy from them after that whole tornado thing that happened to its employees, plus other incidents. Would rather support other humans that actually respect other humans.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 20:57:12 )
    Ohhh, some of those are so pretty! I'm envious! Especially those lovely blossoms and cool retro scenery pins. Congratulations on getting your shadow box.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 21:52:01 )

@Aisukohi: Totally agreed, but I know that not everyone can afford to shop local or even has local business, so I try to keep it to myself. But it's still something I'm passionate about.
@blue: Thank you! I think I love the retro scenery pins the most! I wish that I could find more like it. I just love to stare at them and pretend I'm there.
The blossoms are from the DC Cherry Blossom Fest and then one + the Cherry Blossom outline of DC are from local artists. ^^ I can link you to anything that you like. ^^

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 23:06:09 )
Oh~ Very nice collection! * u*
Is the round Wooloo one a spinner pin? I love spinners~

Love those two in the top left too, so pretty~ <3

& the arrangement looks good to me!
Have you decided on a spot to showcase your shadow box? o:

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/23 23:14:24 )

@Hadsvich: Thank you! Yeah it's a spinner. I wanted it to not go on it's side, but I guess that's just the way it is lol

Those are new, but they are my fav. I wish that more people made one of cityscapes. I could stare at those all day!

Thank you! I made like 1000 small decisions when trying to decide how to place these. T_T I was tired after lol
I'm thinking of getting a shelf and putting it up there? My husband said maybe the bedroom is a good spot for it, which it could be. I could also hang it if I wanted it, it comes with backing.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/24 01:32:51 )

Aww, Tohru and Kyo. ; w; Cool pokemon badges too. O:

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/24 22:02:09 )

@Kent: That one's a great one isn't it! I got it for my birthday last summer. ^^ I want more Fruits Basket ones!
Those are from my cousin she won them at a contest but didn't want them. Gen 2 is my fav so I grabbed those quick! lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.