Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Suddenly, doctor's appointments

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 18:27:13 )

So I moved about... 9 months ago, and due to a veritable barrage of issues, I have been without a job, insurance, a doctor, or medication for my chronic illness and other things all this time.

Anyway, after spending a few of those months playing phone tag with doctors and waiting for snail mail responses that could easily have been done digitally, I'm starting to get on track with having appointments made. Had two "initial setup" appointments so far, now I've got 2 more scheduled. One of which I have to leave for in less than an hour.

I'm a little nervous, since this is the one where I have to prove my current situation to get help covering the costs of all the stuff they have lined up for me to do, but I don't see any reason why I should be denied since I have everything they're asking for. Also kinda stressed about how long this is all gonna take, given that I basically have to start over with everything, all my medications and whatnot. Gotta have tests done to reevaluate my situation, which is pushing me a couple months into next year at this rate just to find out what they want me on, and in the meantime I'm still not making any money ;v;

But eyyy, at least the ball is rolling.

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 19:45:21 )
Good luck! You deserve the care and treatment.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 20:31:40 )

@Count Trashula: that’s great news I’m glad that this day finally came!
I’m sure they will be able to see that you need treatment.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 23:23:40 )

They did say they'd expedite it due to my condition, which is a good sign IMO. Took longer than expected to go over everything, but I should be getting a call from them sometime after xmas. ;v; They said they won't cover one of my things and I didn't bother asking why, but I can afford that one myself for now. It's the colonoscopy and whatnot I really need help with, and that is most likely to be cleared.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 02:34:17 )

That’s great news! Thanks for the update.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 02:50:16 )

I'm glad you were finally able to get some appointments scheduled! ^^

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/17 12:13:00 )

It may be slow progress but it's progress! I'm glad you're finally getting that sorted out; being sick is no fun and being unable to treat yourself for said illness gets real old real fast, I know that one. Good luck with getting the help you need!

On a side note: Holy crap your avatar is a cozy Krampus, I love it.

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.