Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk let a girl breathe

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 20:41:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

i always come back with new stuff to say. Sorry about that.
Last couple months have been rough and now it's gonna get worse.

so we had an inspection for our place.
And i thought finally we'd get insulation and new windows so the winter we could actually survive and not get sick....but instead...it's to sell the place...which the land lady of course did not tell us about it at all.

but more than likely we're gonna have to move since we are barely affording our current place.
and slim pickings when covid is still around
and my dad is unable to work because of it.
so just a little stressed out about this.

she won't evict us ASAP, but has to tell us between 30-60 days to give us a notice.
But even so, this is so not what my family needs during our grieving stage.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/7 23:32:10 )

It's ok if you come to us when you are on right times. That really sucks. Could someone in your family get in the local county or city council and see if they could give you housing? They would be able to connection your family with a professional that could help.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 00:21:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i think our only option is finding a new place. most likely our new land lord will jack up rent to $1500.
which we cant afford.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 01:12:34 )
@MoodyB:
I don't know everything that is going on with your situation at the moment, but, I hope it gets better for you.
I am so sorry to hear you weren't notified ahead of time, that really sucks.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 03:36:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vegan: thank you i appreciate it
nothing has happened yet but my dad says she cant do anything unless giving us a 30-60 day notice.

she didnt even tell us what this inspection was for and we cleaned so much just to realize she's selling the place...its quite upsetting considering what my fam has been going thru.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 03:40:21 )
@MoodyB:

No problem at all. My heart goes out to you dear friend.

I know when I lived with my parents when I still lived in the same state (city even) as my friend Sage, our landlord sold the duplex out from under us and sold it as a house with the empty duplex next door, it was emptied earlier that year due to us reporting to him that we smelled something strong coming from their home and I seen them making deals with little baggies.

(Let's just say that I don't mean weed as I don't consider that a 'drug').

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 03:53:12 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vegan: hopefully we wont be forced out and only getting a new land lord.
but knowing how expensive renting has gotten i think we'll be forced to move anyways since the least for a place is $1200 bur averwge places like ours should be $1500+

and that's out of budget when my dad can't work due to covid and i work freelance art but not where i get paid enough or often enough to have an income.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 04:29:07 )
@MoodyB:
I can imagine how hard that is. ;__; Fingers crossed everything goes easy on you!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 04:36:29 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Vegan: i hope so. my family just needs a break. we're still kinda grieving over a loss that happened in september.

so not exactly what we wanted.
but i hope we have enough time to find a place. plus side is i hope to find a place that allows a cat. we really want to adopt a cat.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 17:32:01 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Does your area not have covid protections anymore? I know my area still has a mandate that you can't be evicted, even if you can't pay your rent, because of covid. It's helped a lot of people I know, who couldn't work because of covid. I've heard some areas are getting rid of it, though.

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 21:06:28 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mellonin: we never had it as far as im aware of.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 22:29:06 )

@MoodyB: That sucks. Do you mind if I ask what country you're from? It was a nation-wide mandate at one point for America, I believe. Some areas have gotten rid of it as cases have gone down, but some areas - like Maine - still have it in effect.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 00:39:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mellonin: I live in the U.S.
CO to be specific. And our cases have risen quite a lot. especially with the new variant.
My dad told me that we actually have the military at our hospitals now.-

but we don't know what this land lord is planning.
But from what i gather my dad doesn't think her health is good at all.

but more than likely we never qualify for things with housing.
but we're planning to move regardless because it doesn't seem anyone will fix the insulation or window issues.
and even if we get a new land lord, we can't stay. our place is very cheap but more than likely the new land lord will more than likely
raise it to $1500+ and it's way out of budget from people who are disabled, and can't work.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 03:15:51 )

@MoodyB: That seriously sucks. If you lived in Florida, like me, I actually have a two bedroom apartment attached to my house I could have offered. I mean, all the normal background checks and all that, since we don't really know each other. But we only charge around $900 a month.

I really hope everything works out for you. It's really sucky that your landlady is springing this on you with no warning.

Mellonin's Ramblings

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 04:13:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Mellonin: its okay.
for now we're just job and house hunting.
and trying to straighten out our foodstamps too.

hopefully things will work out in the end.
but omega stressful time.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.