Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber Restless Slumber: The Reflective Door (VOTING CLOSED)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:03:32 )

You approach the Reflective Door…

Another large double door greets you as you approach, could this be another shared dream? The first thing that you notice when looking at this door is… You. The entire surface of these doors are covered with a smooth, reflective sheen. You look into your own eyes, nodding as you give yourself a quick, internal peptalk, before stepping into the dream.

You find yourself standing within a dark, dusty room, looking as if it’s gone long without any care. The first thing you notice is all the interesting looking antiques that fill the room, having aged poorly from years of neglect. What catches your attention next is the large, floor length mirror that sits within the middle of the room, and the figure that is sitting in front of it.

As you approach you immediately recognize it as Virgil Frost, a concerned expression on his face as his fingers run over the cracked glass of the mirror. You cough, catching his attention as he glances back at you with a confused but stern expression. Shaking his head, he ignores asking the obvious question of why you’re here, instead cutting to the chase.

“I don’t know what the hell this is, but I can’t get her out…”

Her? You shift your gaze to the mirror, only to realize immediately what’s wrong. That’s not his reflection Virgil is looking at… That’s his twin sister, Violet.

You turn for a moment, rubbing your chin in thought. Breaking the mirror would be a bad idea, you have no way of knowing what that would do. But how are you supposed to help? You turn back to ask what he thinks, but instead find yourself standing beside Violet instead, with Virgil on the other side of the mirror.

“Oh dear… He’s been trapped in there this whole time. How are we meant to help him?”

Wait… Who’s trapped? Which side are you meant to be on? This is all getting rather complicated, and you’re beginning to wonder which side of the mirror holds the exit from this dream. Better figure it out quickly!

Art by ghost.

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:04:00 )
Summary
Entering the Reflective Door led to a shared nightmare between Virgil and Violet.
They seem to be trapped at opposite sides of a mirror.
Help them reunite and escape this dreams.

Mechanics
There are 9 differences between the two images. Compare them to reveal them all!
This is a group activity. Working together will help make it easier to find all the answers.
But feel free to work alone as well!
Make sure to put your answers under a spoiler to give others a chance to play.

Prize
Once all the correct answers have been found, and at least 15 people have attempted to answer,
the EI Trapped in a Mirror will be added to Joyful Jamboree.

All participants in this thread will be granted a free Trapped in a Mirror at the end of the event.
(Note: Participation includes any form of posting in this thread. Even if you don’t want to join in the game, show your support!)

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:05:01 )
COMPARE THE REFLECTIONS..

Discover 9 Differences.

Current Progress
Unlock Reached!

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:07:18 )
YOU REUNITE THE TWINS...

You focus intently, studying the room you’re in and its reflection through the mirror, searching for any small detail that might help you all out of here. Every time you take your eyes off the mirror, you find yourself transported to the other side of it, making the whole experience all the more difficult and confusing.

The more you focus, however, the more inconsistencies you notice between the two rooms, helping you get a better understanding of what is happening. Suddenly, it appears: the door out of here! It’s on Violet’s side of the room!

Now the only problem… How do you get Virgil over there with you? You sigh, thinking for only a moment before an idea comes to mind. Reaching out, you grab Virgil by the arm, ignoring his protests as you look away from the mirror. As you glance back, you still feel his arm within your grasp, and in front of you, you see a relieved Violet as well.

“Ah! Of course you found a way!” She smiles, clapping her hands together, “Leave it to you!”

“Yeah,” Virgil shrugs his arm out of your grasp, letting out a sigh as he nods, “Thanks…”

There seems to be something on his mind as he moves in to help his sister up, and you can’t help but ask. He narrows his eyes slightly as he looks at you, hoisting Violet up onto his back to carry her out of here.

“You aren’t thinking about it? What it all means? Dreams are always full of symbolism, what’s the deeper meaning behind all this? What’s this saying about us?” He sighs in exasperation, “Doesn’t that bother you at all?”

Violet hums for a moment, “Not really… I guess you could say I haven't taken the time to reflect on it!”

Virgil lets out a tired groan as he leads you to the doorway, Violet laughing behind him as he mutters under his breath, “Forget I asked…”

WHERE TO GO?

You have unlocked the chance to vote for which door you'd like to enter first.
To vote, simply ping Virgil with: @Virgil: I vote for [this door].
The door that receives the highest votes will be the thread unlocked tomorrow at [time].

Doors Available:
The Caged Door
A Metal Barred Door With Darkness Behind

The Unlucky Door
A Chipped Door With an Upside-down Horseshoe

The Restless Door
A Wooden Door Constantly Shaking

The Lost Door
The Decaying Door
The Damp Door
The Reflective Door

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:22:42 )

Hmm found 8 so far but idk about the 9th

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:26:33 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@NixieFae: Same... i think the main duo is one of them otherwise i rly wouldnt know

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:28:23 )

@GoblinsAndTea: thats what I was thnking as well but idk if that counts either

Voltie — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:29:43 )
yeah it does count as one of the differences ;'3c
was trying to give you an easy one but made it difficult oop
later.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:31:24 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Omg, welp now i feel small brain lol
Annyway here it is:

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:32:05 )
1 clock face
2 clock weight things
3 spiders
4 photoframes
5 inkwells
6 quills
7 door handles
8 candle flame
9 virgil and violet
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:33:57 )

Done!

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 01:34:40 )

I’m loving the daily art from Ghost!

Voltie — She/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 02:02:22 )

Differences:
1. The time is different.
2. The clock weights are at different level.
3. Spider is different colour.
4. Virgil is violet.
5. Picture frame askew.
6. Candle is lit.
7. Handles on cabinet are a different colour.
8. Inkwell different sizes.
9. Quill upside down.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 02:03:36 )

clock hands
the pendulum in the clock
spider web color
the rectangle frame is tilted
the person/character (hairstyle, clothes, glasses, earrings, beardy bristle)
ink pot size
quill size and direction
color of cabinet knobs
candle is lit on the cabinet

:D

please @ me

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 02:13:27 )

asdklsajdlasjldlasjkd I thought the siblings being different was a given and only found 8 differences I was going mad

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 02:30:42 )
Let's see if I can do this on the phone...

1- feather is different orientation
2- Different sized ink bottle
3- Gender/character change
4- candle lit/unlit
5- Clock had different times
6- Clock weights are different
7- different colored spider
8- square picture frame skewed
9- cabinet door handle is different colors

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 02:58:30 )
    Ooo these always bamboozle me lmao

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 04:00:11 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

My two brain cells are too tired to figure this out at the moment but in the morning I’ll try to get it together

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 04:16:09 )

spoiled with so much good ghost art this event...

pls join the art exchange

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 05:55:56 )

I did it!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.