Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/28 23:02:01 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | Her Grace | His Elegance

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
CooperationIsKey:

@star2000shadow: Whoops! Sorta lost Voltra in the shuffle for a few days there. ^^; But I'm doing well, been cleaning around here and working on my website. :)

that's okay, least you came back, I've been on a movie slash tv series kick 'nods' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/30 01:24:05 )

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My birthday was yesterday and I baked a cake today to celebrate. Also we went out to breakfast and a friend picked up my tab which was also really nice.

Now I just have to cook dinner--chili mac hamburger helper lol--and I'll be ready to sit down and get into the food/drink section of my Christmas page on my website!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/30 15:53:54 )
    @CooperationIsKey: Happy belated birthday!
    May I ask about the cake? I made my own birthday cake twice; once was a pretty swiss roll, and the recent one was a monster of a birthday cake that I honestly did not anticipate being so large. It sounds like you had a really good day, though?

And a Christmas website?

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 01:35:56 )

@blue: Oh! The cake was a simple one, just a sheet cake made from a mix. Pillsbury Dark Chocolate cake mix, with Pillsbury "White" frosting. It's my favorite combination. :D I want to try making the Dark Chocolate Cherry Torte they show on the box sometime, though. It looks beautiful, but I need cake pans first. XD And yeah, I had a great day, and yesterday was nice too; we got a big sub sandwich from Publix (grocery store) and split it between us while sitting out on the small pier at a local park. We had a go on the swings, too, aha. I'd forgotten how much of an upper body workout that is!

And it's not a whole Christmas website of it's own, just a specialized dedicated page on my website, with music and sound clips and stuff. It's a fun project that I did for Halloween as well. :)

How are you doing? :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 17:23:37 )
    @CooperationIsKey: It's funny, I seem to enjoy the opposite combination of cake; the white/yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I'm sure you'll be able to make the cherry cake one day! If you happen to have a knife, you can always bake the cake in a sheet pan and then cut out the shapes. I've done it before and used a guide I made out of cardboard. To be honest...it's a lot easier than using a springform (in my opinion). What might be kind of cool, though, is a tall springform that you can stack the cakes in--especially if it's kind of wet or you're using the "scraps" to form a layer.

All in all, it sounds like it was a really good day!

Ah, I see, so that's what it is.

I'm doing well, thank you for asking. Just sort of tottering around the house again. How are you doing lately?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 18:05:08 )

@CooperationIsKey: We didn't get to chat much during the event. How are you doing?

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 01:04:27 )

@blue: I hadn't thought of cutting out the shape from a sheet cake, that's kind of brilliant. :O I've been meaning to pick up some cake pans of one type or another, maybe those easy release kind my mom had when I was a kid; last Christmas I got some nice Pyrex pie dishes, but those aren't really shaped in a way that's conducive to stacking. (I also got a mixer :D). I'll probably get some cake pans this Christmas if I get some money or gift cards from family. I think Christmas is becoming my "kitchen stuff" holiday, lmao!

I'm doing pretty good in general. Figuring out my dental situation since I need a lot of work done, and that's been a huge headache. But otherwise I'm okay. :D

@Totalanimefan: Hiya! Yeah, I haven't been on a lot during this event, sadly. I just have had other projects going on I guess. ^^; I'm doing okay, still figuring out dental stuff but I found a clinic that does a sliding scale for it's payments, and has possibly a payment plan, so I think I can get my teeth fixed finally.

I don't know why I keep bringing that up like anyone cares lmao. But yeah, doing pretty good! How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 14:36:39 )

@CooperationIsKey: that’s great news! Dental health is so important but it’s not something that people think about.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 16:13:05 )
    @CooperationIsKey: Good luck with the dental stuff. It might be possible to also look at a university in the area, and whether they have a dental school. When I was uninsured (as I am now, hahh...) I would go to the dental school for cleanings and fillings and then pay out of pocket. They did take much longer than a typical dental/orthodontic office, but it also came at a fraction of the price so I couldn't really complain in earnest.

Oh, right?! I don't remember where I saw the trick about just using a bowl/piece of cardboard/etc. to cut out of a sheet cake. It must have been during the trend of turning sheet cakes into luxury wedding cake towers. In any event, it works and it's actually pretty helpful when you want all of your layers to be even. They might be a tad thick, depending on the size of your sheet pan, but hey.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 22:10:37 )

@CooperationIsKey: By the way. I hatched an egg from your gift in Pokemon Go, and it turned out to be a shiny Stunfisk! Thanks lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/5 05:11:17 )
    Those are one of those flounder-looking pokemon.

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/12 10:37:45 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh, nice! Congrats! o3o

I uh. Sorta forgot Voltra existed for a week or so. >___>;

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/12 21:49:44 )

@blue: yes. That’s the one!
@CooperationIsKey: it’s ok. I’ve been in the UK seeing my husband’s family.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.