Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk my favourite band has allegations against them and idk what to do

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 00:25:48 )

specifically pedophilic allegations
it all came from a tiktok that didn't even mention the band name in the video, and people only found out through comments, so idk how true they are but i'm just
am i a bad person for being skeptical?????
like, i witnessed a youtuber called slazo be accused of abuse and it turned out to all be fabricated by his 'friends' bc i guess they wanted to ruin him
and like what happened with johnny depp

maybe it's bc i was always told not to believe everything i see online and i'm just,, idk help

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 00:40:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

tbh whenever things like this happen, i try not to jump to conclusions until
actual proof is released or shown and not just speculation or rumors
as rumors can be false or fabricated with ill intentions.

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 00:42:16 )

I don't think you're a bad person. I tend to take accusations with a grain of salt unless there's solid evidence to back up the accusations. I don't like witch hunts, so I'm careful about jumping on the bandwagon

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 01:59:52 )

@MoodyB:
@Starlight:

see i agree bc of previous situations i've seen, but also apparently the band member has 97 allegations against him, and unless that's also just a rumour, i can't see all 97 of them being false
but also i've only seen one?? and the response from them was as a band not just the one member,, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

if it's true i'm gonna be really disappointed in them and i really hope the victims are okay :/

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 02:30:22 )
yeahh... a lot of bands are just like... really bad when you look into things.

and you'd think, with such awful allegations, sometimes hard evidence, that these people would be cancelled to oblivion. But they kinda just stay where they are and nobody bats an eye.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 02:58:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@squishy sloth: that's a lot. i'd think too much for it to even remotely be a rumor.
I don't really know much about if these allegations ever being proven wrong or not.
i usually just cut ties just because 97 is way too many.

i don't often listen to bands at least from the U.S.
as most groups i listen to are within K-pop.
but i would not feel good listening to someone's music, especially if there is a high chance they did something very wrong
and many times. meaning they never learned there lesson and probably won't.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 08:25:02 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ok so its understandable not to jump the gun and wait for proof.

If actual proof is proved then tbh...
Id understand still feeling wierd, somebody you look up to is sudenly a bad person? its hard to believe.
Im in no way saying ppl should suport anybody that has done wrong. But i do compleatly understand that it can be agrd to accept at first. Nobody wants what they like to be a bad thing you kno.
I can say theres been some youtubers i liked watching that then had some things come to light and it hurt, kinda like i was betrayed lol. Obviously i dont have a bond with that person but i did find some kind of comfort in the content they made. And tehn hearing terible things they did? oof.

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.