Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:17:12 )

Sorry I'm probably the only one online rn screaming excitement over everything

BUT I GOT A COUCH! :DDD

Like I had one on order since July. Cause yknow, material shortages, furniture stores are really struggling to keep up with orders. The couch I ordered is like this, super cheapy thing. Its pretty dang comfortable, like moreso than some of the $2k sofas they carry tbh

so it gets a lot of orders cause its cheap af in cost compared to the rest of the store.

I work next door for mattress sales so I talk with these guys a lot, so I get updates pretty frequently. My couch kept getting delayed further and further and I didn't care all too much, but I do hate my computer chair being my only thing to sit on in my home aside from my bed xD

BUT with our building under some major remodels, they need to get a lot of furniture off the floor asap to make space to condense things. So this floor model thats like... pretty much brand ass new, was chucked on sale. From being a $1600 loveseat to $200. Its one of those deals like you buy it if you can pick it up same day, cause it needs GONE and we cant do same day delivery (not enough drivers/trucks sadly, we're going through worker shortages too)

But because I work with them, our drivers agreed to squeeze me on for next-day delivery. I upgraded to a setup delivery (even though its just being plopped right next to the front door) to basically give our drivers extra pay for doing this for me ;v;;;

BUT Now I have a recliner :D and I got refunded like $150 for the difference in cost compared to my other order

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:35:12 )
Omgosh! I'm envious! How awesome that all worked out for you~ <3
That couch is lovely. I've had cheap-o couches before, and they wear out fast [at my house anyway].

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:53:57 )

@koneko:
Haha yess! The last couch I had was a big L shaped thing that was sold to me for $300 (wayyyy less than they bought it for) cause they didnt like how stiff it was. They were too rich to care, and very generous to those with less money lmao
I left it with an ex cause he had a home for it and I didnt when I moved out XD we split on calm terms so I didnt mind.

I cant wait til I can have a dining table though! My home is currently too small, but ONE DAY >:D

@Koah:
Yeah I mostly aimed cheap cause I have a new kitten who will probably stab at any sofa I get. So I dont want to care too much about it Haha
We're still training her so that'll get better. But cats will be cats!

She has one little chair that she's allowed to stab to get it out of her system xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:55:06 )

OH it also has USB ports on it lmaoo

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:58:25 )

Getting new furniture is exciting!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 17:01:04 )
@Jolly: I totally get that. I have dogs, and they're more destructive than my little kids. XD I got 2 cheapo couches right now that are surviving quite a bit. I should probably start looking at upgrading.
OMG, USB chargers in the couch?! that's amazing!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 21:19:59 )
Congrats! We waited almost a 4 months for my sons new dresser and nightstand to come. they kept pushing it back. Ordered it in June and said July it would be delivered.... then they pushed it back to March of next year.... but then in Sept got a call saying they got it in stock and could deliver in the next few days so that was cool.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.