Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2021 Anniversary Raffle WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:14:59 )

@Wildfire: Wow that's a lot of changes. My mom's name is from Ireland so I don't think that one was changed either.
Was the British person immgrated in the 1900's or later? That could be why too. I feel like they started caring more with new tech.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:19:39 )

I'm trying to study now and I feel like I can't focus! Ah! I wish my husband wasn't also so busy so that one of us could work on the house stuff lol
OTL

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:22:21 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm not sure when they came over... all this family I'm referencing came at about the same time... early 20th century I think.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:26:48 )

@Wildfire: Ah I see. My mom's side of the family all came over during the Great Potato famine.
My Dad's side is of German heritage and some of them came over in 1800's, but some where here in the 1700's.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:27:21 )

By the way page 110 was a winning page! Congrats to all lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:27:47 )
@Totalanimefan: I've been busy with Christmas plans these last 2 weeks. lol, My family chose my place for that holiday. Lots of boxes are showing up with gifts and wrapping stuff. :3 I'm enjoying the hype.
We also got a mold issue going on in one of the rooms. We have a hot tub room and the windows were installed in the 80s, only one window opens and we have to keep it open otherwise mold forms overnight, even with the hot tub covered up. I have a spray bottle of vinegar in there whenever I see a new patch popping up. e.e" It's ridiculous.
I have no clue how much that replacement project will end up costing, but I imagine it's not going to be cheap by any means.
That room is so drafty with that one window up. :T

@Wildfire: It kind of feels like a slow-moving storm rolling in and I can't go anywhere. XD I'm annoyed because my initial rule of "let's distance so we have a chance of not spreading it throughout the house" was not followed. My roommates really just tossed that advice to the wind. :| //endrant// I could whine all day about this, but it's not going to change my situation.
I decided to change my avi to be a bit more halloween-ish. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:33:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I'm only 3rd generation... and they came from all over Europe! XD

w000t! Winning page number (last page) - let's hope I actually posted on it XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:35:00 )

@Koah: That sounds pretty stressful. I hate that it's so easy for mold to grow in a house. Do you think that those new windows will help you?

@Wildfire: Nice. Same here.
I think you did. The page moved pretty slow since I think we will forgot lol. Too much running around in rl while posting here.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:35:41 )
@Koah: Oh, that sucks that the room-mates didn't even try to keep the virus to themselves (from the sound of it)! I'm sorry... :( Let's hope you have those antibodies (and hubby and the kids too!) <3

Yes, your avi is definitely more Halloween-y and also Christmas-y... I'm not quite sure how you managed to roll both holidays in to one avatar, but you did! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:37:46 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I posted. It's hard keeping track of pages right now because like you said ... RL + posting + distraction...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:38:28 )
    Ugh I am so sleepy. Sorry I disappeared guys..... :o

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:45:07 )
@Totalanimefan: For sure, new windows mean better venting. :d and then we can do some repairs to the fan in there to make it actually work. That fan is sketchhhyyy. It wobbles above the hottub when turned on. o_e

@Wildfire: lol! I realized that once I saved it.. I was like "huh.. got a krampusy thing goin' on here." XD Well if anything, I don't need to change my avi for awhile. lol!

--

BRB for a bit, I'm going to do some chores.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:47:30 )

@Wildfire: What is distracting you?
@sunny: It's ok. ^^ What's up? How are the new fish?
@Koah: A new fan will really make a ton of difference. We don't have a working one in the 2nd bathroom and we need to fix that.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:52:26 )
@sunny: welcome back.

@koah: lol - yeah... it's good though :3

@Totalanimefan: I didn't really sleep last night and I'm kind of feeling like I'm walking through some light sludge...but I'm also not sure I'm tired enough to nap either. So everything I do (cleaning up around the house, dishes, whatever) is just taking longer.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:59:01 )

@Wildfire: Oh yeah you didn't really get much sleep did you, do you think you will be able to nap?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:59:10 )
    @Totalanimefan: they have settled in great! They are all doing well, as far as I can tell lol. You never really know with fish....

@Wildfire: thank u!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:59:34 )

I gotta get away from the computer for a little bit. All this studying, plus calling up people for the house, and looking online for permits is really driving me crazy.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 18:59:58 )

@sunny: They are probably fine. Freshwater fish are more hardy.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 19:03:51 )
Hello everyone!
How are you all doing today?

I just got to the cafe, hoping to draw before work.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/6 19:05:21 )
@Totalanimefan: no, I only got about 3 hours of sleep and I'm starting to really feel it. I think I'm going to go hang out in the hammock soon, watch the birds and maybe -hopefully- snooze for a bit... now that it's really bright and really hot outside (it was overcast and cool this morning) XD

good luck with the studying and calls and stuff :3

@sunny: you're welcome

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.